• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No fox, no job, no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings!

Everything is negotiable. Elby did hitch their cart to AnyDVD for the cinavia fix so I think you might make an argument why they would want to license their code to you to continue that relationship in a new product. I'm sure they're trying to sort out what to do as much as you are so contact them sooner than later so you'll be part of their thought process. They may even be able to help you with some of the trouble spots. Slysoft owes you guys and they might be willing to make a deal too. Don't burn any bridges yet. Try to present the idea to them in terms of their advantage to doing so.

I hear the Red Fox mentioned all the time so if I was going to make a name change that's what I would pick.

Obviously, I'll do my part to support you.

No elby didnt, it was ANYDVD that hitched onto CloneBD.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

We all were shocked when message came on Monday to shut down SlySoft website. Staff has still no complete information about what really happened and what's going on in Antigua, as nobody of the SlySoft team is physically based in Antigua. We don't even know each other.

The current situation is kind of frustrating for all of us, customers and staff. We were all proud to work for a company like SlySoft. We enjoyed each single positive feedback we got from the community (the blames we tried to ignore). I speak not only for myself - SlySoft team members love their job. We love the feeling to be part of something good. Even movie industry should love us, as many of SlySoft customers said: "If not for the possibility of making private copies of my movies, I would never have bought that many". Without possibility of private copy and format shift, UHD Blu-ray will not get popular.

We (developers and admins) had a few chat conferences this week and we came to the conclusion that if we have the backup of the community, we might consider to continue the development on our own.

Any (on topic) feedback is greatly appreciated.

As a owner of all the software except Game Jackal I am destroyed to hear Slysoft was shut down. I feel it was or is the best software on the market for copying personally owned DVD 's and it's ridiculous to shut down such a good company of people that take such good care of their customers by selling dependable software and giving frequent updates on that software. I'm hoping they will find a way to make a comeback and will help or support them if possible. Just tell us how we can help. We all need to stand with Slysoft and get them back in whatever way possible. Thank you (developers and admins) at Slysoft for the many year of helping us backup our collections of movies and games.

It certainly wouldn't be easy. And I am not sure, if anyone else would want such a "decryption box". Or a "raspi as Blu-ray player". A raspi (with power supply, case, remote, BD drive) would be more expensive than an off the shelf BD player. And it can't play 3D. It wouldn't look very ... stylish. But it has no Cinavia detection. :sneaky:
A raspi 2 with kodi 17 alpha latest build and 3D Blurays I bought and backuped with AnyDVD HD plays 3D like a charm ....

A raspi 2 with kodi 17 alpha latest build and 3D Blurays I bought and backuped with AnyDVD HD plays 3D like a charm ....
That 24hz mode is pretty special huh? (very good thing) The new Raspi 3 comes out soon they've put Wifi and Bluetooth on there too.

As for branding, perhaps it's time to try other animals. I realise that a monkey is taken but has anyone considered a goat?
You could call him Goatse, everyone will feel like they already know him.

Last edited:
That 24hz mode is pretty special huh? The new Raspi 3 comes out soon they've put Wifi and Bluetooth on there too.
The 24 Hz mode is handled fine with kodi latest builds.
The RPi3 is a little bit disappointing for me because it can't play HEVC 1080p 10 bits due to lack of hardware acceleration ....
The big advantage of Pi3 is that you can plug an external HDD without any external power supply contrary to Pi2

I know James mentioned the Raspberry Pi, Fire TV, etc. I'm all for the possibility of AnyDVD being made available for more platforms but I'd also want to not see Windows left behind. There's a reason why so many people use AnyDVD already. Accessibility. Useability. You just install AnyDVD and it works. If there is a move to Raspberry Pi, Fire TV, etc, then you are moving to a niche market that contains less people and requires more expertise on the part of the user. I'm a guy who used to root my smartphone. I've long since given up and moved on from that. It has gotten to the point that it isn't worth the time, effort, and annoyance.

AnyDVD's success is that: (1) It's so easy to use without realizing how technically complex it is and (2) millions and millions of people run Windows. We can't forget about that, IMHO.

I have my own setup where I serve my media digitally to my projector. I want my library to live on a hard drive and not in thousands of Blu-ray disks or streaming over "Ultraviolet" in whatever compression they are using I've owned AnyDVD HD for a long time now, and I don't use it very frequently, but consider my money for it well spent.

I'll be following the project closely, and if the developers decide to not continue or open source the software for AnyDVD, I'd be interested in purchasing the source, just to see how it ticks and satisfy a personal curiosity.

Hallo, ich finde es schade das Anydvd komplett eingestellt wurde. Ich hoffe es echt das Slysoft weitermacht um diese lästigen Kopierschutzmaßnahmen abzuschalten. Also ich bin auf jedenfall dabei mir eine Lizens zu kaufen. Ich hoffe das es bald eine möglichkeit bzw. ein neues Program gibt von euch! Ihr habt auch echt hier in Deutschland einige anhänger des Programs. Macht weiter so und lasst euch nicht von der Film industrie unterkriegen!

Hi, I find it unfortunate that Anydvd was completely set off. I hope it really carries on Slysoft to these annoying copy protection disable. So I'm definitely here to buy me a License. I hope that soon a possibility or a new program is of you! You also really here in Germany some trailers of the program. Keep it up and do not let industry of the film be beaten! Sorry for my bad English!^^

It's easy to get bummed, and lets face it the team did a great job of help people liberate their paid for media from the pathetic petty Hollywood trying to make it as difficult as possible to watch your stuff and all the various versions of .

Whatever happens, if the ex sly-soft staff need to go their own way to start up again, and considering what a bargain the lifetime subscription was back in 2008, I'd be more then willing to pay again ( even the yearly subscription ) if it means you guys can actually get this off the ground.

It's not even just the ripping the disc's, I know for a fact there has been much virus like trickery attempted by the studios that AnyDVD HD has also been silently protecting us from.

@vandamme That's very good news. FireTV2 24hz seems to be non-existent. Raspi 3 with a with a bus powered 4tb portable 2.5" drive sounds so good. They've put them on sale, I'm buying one right now.

I wonder if we could get a bus powered blu-ray drive to work. Turn it into an AnyDVD ripping station. Add a port of CloneBD for low noise processing/free up the PC.

Otherwise, I own the PiHub, you know.. the discontinued USB hub that's shaped like a Raspberry? I'm so excited right now.

Can't help but notice that James, who was seemingly the spox for the ex-employees and possible resurrection has been silent since Friday or Saturday. One of his last appearances he changed the forum name and logo.

Methinks the wheels may be turning and decisions are being made. If so, that's a good thing whatever happens. The ideas brought up here and all the support matters.

When he does return, IMO he will have something of import to say.

Can't help but notice that James, who was seemingly the spox for the ex-employees and possible resurrection has been silent since Friday or Saturday. One of his last appearances he changed the forum name and logo.

Methinks the wheels may be turning and decisions are being made. If so, that's a good thing whatever happens. The ideas brought up here and all the support matters.

When he does return, IMO he will have something of import to say.
Read this.

That 24hz mode is pretty special huh? (very good thing) The new Raspi 3 comes out soon they've put Wifi and Bluetooth on there too.

As for branding, perhaps it's time to try other animals. I realise that a monkey is taken but has anyone considered a goat?
You could call him Goatse, everyone will feel like they already know him.

Has anyone here tried out the ODROID XU4 ($79.-) with the following specs:

* Samsung Exynos5422 Cortex™-A15 2Ghz and Cortex™-A7 Octa core CPUs
* Mali-T628 MP6(OpenGL ES 3.0/2.0/1.1 and OpenCL 1.1 Full profile)
* 2Gbyte LPDDR3 RAM PoP stacked
* eMMC5.0 HS400 Flash Storage
* 2 x USB 3.0 Host, 1 x USB 2.0 Host
* Gigabit Ethernet port
* HDMI 1.4a for display
* Size : 82 x 58 x 22 mm approx.(including cooling fan)
It has USB3.0 as well as GigabitLAN and a really powerful CPU, not to forget double the amount of RAM!

James did open the door when he brought up the Rapsberry Pi and FireTV, etc, but let's please not turn this into a technical discussion thread.

You can have said discussions but create another thread for it? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back