• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No fox, no job, no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question came to mind. This is just how my brain works. The AnyDVD Ripper makes use code licensed from Elaborate Bytes. Or at least it used to. Was it licensed outright?

I am registered to this forum for a few minutes ;-) to tell you guys have totally got my support, too.

now that this is the RedFox forum. Perhaps change the banner up top too :)

If the file is digitally signed by SlySoft, Inc. - right-click on it>Properties>Digital Signatures - it will be fine/untouched. If the file should have been altered somehow, the DS will be missing.

These are the hashes for 7.6.9.0 that I downloaded from SlySoft:
CRC32: DFE28648
MD5: A01302BA579A8065FB0737A27532D4C3
SHA-1: FFEF06F772D126288B2CF14CE47517E6F3BEA242
SHA-256: DAF5FCB836D8CA2A59B7A8B787D7BD41360F19AA1EB8DC41EBFEAC3999DA40CF

They also match the download in my signature.

FWIW those do indeed match the values for the copy I downloaded from SS on 15th Feb.

--
Brian G. (In the UK)

Definitely not a priority but I was clearing out cookies, including forum.slysoft.com, and when I logged back in, a cookie was created with the same name. Again, not a priority but changing the name of the cookie to forum.redfox.com should be on someones to do list.

Had to register and wait for approval to post, products worked so good never needed to before xD. But wanted to say I'd gladly support further development! Been a lifetime license holder of all the former Slysoft products (except clone BD which had just come out) primarily using AnyDVD and Game Jackal. Would love to keep using those.

I'd suggest like so many others keep the similar license model but add option to donate extra. I would buy a new lifetime license or few for the new product. I don't like things that require online check of licenses to install as what do you do then if something happens to the activation servers?

@James I do really like your idea of porting to Linux or the Pi one day. AnyDVD is about the only reason I keep a Windows Machine running anymore so that I can convert my movies to a digital format and play them on all my devices which are 99% Linux. Would also be willing to help beta test on Linux; I keep a few different distributions up and running and have no issues setting up new ones or with reinstall on test equipment.

Like others I too like the idea of having digital signature and MD5/SHA hashes for verification on downloads in future.

Will keep watching for further updates :)

GO REDFOX!

@Jeff53404 the cookie name is based upon the domain name partially. It can't/wont change unless the forum domain changes too.

I've been a long time user with several slysoft and elby products with lifetime licenses. I would certain support a resurrected AnyDVD program. Go for it.

Big fan here, and a lifetime holder of the little red fox, was saddened by the news of the shutdown of slysoft but now i'm seeing a glimmer of hope. So count me in for any contributions,it may not be much but it will be something to help Redfox move forward for the future...Regards and Good Luck.

Count me in . I would be more than happy to repurchase my license. Been using AnydvdHD for more then 6 years and it has been the best purchase yet!
NAmi7vB.png

We (developers and admins) had a few chat conferences this week and we came to the conclusion that if we have the backup of the community, we might consider to continue the development on our own.

I've not logged into the forums so long my username was extinct. :)

I've been a customer ever since I can remember. When I purchased all the Slysoft software, it was then "lifetime" and not a subscription.

It's obvious to see that the community will support you, and that includes me repurchasing if necessary.

We're all hoping you work out the details, but please don't all rush into it. Make sure you are all protected as well as your customers.

CloneDVDmobile (and AnyDVD's DVD ripper) contain - AFAIK - code licensed from elby, but I'm not certain.
I don't want to p*ss them off, so we have to talk to them.
Same for the elbycdio layer. I don't know, how this was licensed.

Would this mean future versions could not rip DVDs if elby does not want their code reused now? If that becomes the case would we be able to run a new version for bluray and keep an old copy for DVD? Hopefully Redfox will continue to be able to do both formats and be the best product for video fair use.

that's a possibility yes but way too early to worry about that. If a new company is created, considering some of the same people will be involved, i'm pretty confident Elby will license the ripping code or transfer the existing slysoft license :) The ripping code for DVD / blu-ray is the same. The type of disc ripped doesn't matter.

This idea has been around for some time (at least in James' and my minds). I would avoid making any promises, especially these days, but who knows. May be one day.
Promise or not it wont stop me from using and supporting the new version. There's hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back