• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No file or only sound!!!

eritor

I've tried to rip several videos in both the ps3 >1.6 and ipad format, but either I end up with no file (!) or a file with only sound! :bang:

I see the file when it is created, but then it's gone, or it is very small and contains only the sound of the movie.

During ripping it seems to get stuck when ~27 seconds remain, and it is stuck for ~15 min and the it says it's done.

Please help, I'm not a very technical guy :(

Thinking of swiching to Handbreak if nobody can help me.
Maybe you can post a CloneDVD mobile (transcoder) log after one of your failed conversions? Use the 'save transcoder log' button after the file has been 'made', save to a location on your computer (eg Desktop), then add it as an attachment to your next post.

It may throw some pointers as to what the problem is.

If you still don't get any help here, you may want to contact SlySoft support directly:
http://www.slysoft.com/en/contact.html

Last edited:
Maybe you can post a CloneDVD mobile (transcoder) log after one of your failed conversions? [/url]

OK, here we go, something is obviously wrong here, the error message is over 330.000 lines long! Here it is (I've cut out the middle):

Cannot get Console handle of stdout
Using SSE optimized IMDCT transform
Using MMX optimized resampler
** MUXER_LAVF *****************************************************************
REMEMBER: MEncoder's libavformat muxing is presently broken and can generate
INCORRECT files in the presence of B frames. Moreover, due to bugs MPlayer
will play these INCORRECT files as if nothing were wrong!
The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 6 -> 8
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 6 -> 8
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 8 -> 7
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 8 -> 7
[swscaler @ 00D0EEC4]BICUBIC scaler, from yuv420p to yuv420p using MMX2
[swscaler @ 00D0EEC4]using 8-tap MMX scaler for horizontal luminance scaling
[swscaler @ 00D0EEC4]using 8-tap MMX scaler for horizontal chrominance scaling
[swscaler @ 00D0EEC4]using n-tap MMX scaler for vertical scaling (YV12 like)
[swscaler @ 00D0EEC4]720x576 -> 640x360
[libx264 @ 00D27560]width or height not divisible by 16 (640x360), compression will suffer.
[libx264 @ 00D27560]using cpu capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 Cache64

1 duplicate frame(s)!

1 duplicate frame(s)!
error, pts < dts
Error while writing frame
error, pts < dts
error, pts < dts
[this is repeated over 330.000 lines!!!]
error, pts < dts
[libx264 @ 00D27560]slice I:664 Avg QP:19.51 size: 13738
[libx264 @ 00D27560]slice P:165202 Avg QP:22.48 size: 3469
[libx264 @ 00D27560]mb I I16..4: 57.9% 0.0% 42.1%
[libx264 @ 00D27560]mb P I16..4: 11.4% 0.0% 0.0% P16..4: 35.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip:53.6%
[libx264 @ 00D27560]final ratefactor: -74.33
[libx264 @ 00D27560]SSIM Mean Y:0.9756632
[libx264 @ 00D27560]kb/s:702.0

Any ideas what I should do? :confused:

eritor, attach the entire transcoder log .txt file just in case it's needed.

Also, are you using AnyDVD? If so, post an AnyDVD logfile too:

If you're a registered user, update to the latest beta:
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6717.exe

Then, right-click Red Fox in notification area>Create Logfile.
Attach to your next post.

Last edited:
eritor, attach the entire transcoder log .txt file just in case it's needed.

I tried, but since it is so long it is too big to be uploaded. The lines I cut out are only repeat of
1 duplicate frame(s)!
error, pts < dts
error, pts < dts
error, pts < dts
error, pts < dts
error, pts < dts
error, pts < dts
error, pts < dts
error, pts < dts
error, pts < dts
error, pts < dts
error, pts < dts

I didn't save the AnyDVD-file, I'll do that in the next run. Any preliminary ideas?

I didn't save the AnyDVD-file, I'll do that in the next run.
It only takes a second or three to create an AnyDVD logfile - from an empty drive or with DVD inserted.
It will show if there any problems on you computer system that need to be addressed.

So, please attach an AnyDVD Logfile.

Hopefully one of the SlySoft team will have ideas on what the problem could be.

This is the log file from Any DVD:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.7.1.0)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S203P SB00 1127
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1892576 sectors (3696 MBytes)
Total size: 3666452 sectors (7161 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: INC0EYW1
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2!
Video Standard: PAL

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

That is what you wanted right?

By the way, now I tried downgrading to 1.2.0.1, and this time I got no file! The log only has 3 entries: Start, sucessfully (cant remember) and completed sucessfully. So:
1.2.0.1 = > No file, three entry log
1.7.1.0 => Only sound, log with 330.000 entries (as shown above).

Please help :bowdown:

An AnyDVD Logfile is what is really needed.
A. Post an Anydvd .zip log file

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

You do need to set your drive region as it is not set.
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Here's how to set it:
Set your drive's region code if it's not set already.

Right click the fox on your system tray. Exit Anydvd
Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
Click "properties".
You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
Select the region that you're in
Start Anydvd

Last edited:
Stop. Let's step back and regroup.....

OK, here we go, something is obviously wrong here, the error message is over 330.000 lines long! Here it is (I've cut out the middle):

Any ideas what I should do? :confused:

Exactly what version of CloneDVD mobile generated this? :confused:
And did you add/alter or tweak anything via a hot tip from someone?

I'm asking this for a good reason. The info in the log tells me what you are trying to do will NEVER work, for one thing.
And: running the central piece of the message in Google produces a plethora of hits for users of the old engine and NOT a single thread (except this one) linking to SlySoft and if this was generated by our GUI or our usage of the trans-coder I would expect to see it at least once by now.

Last edited:
Mark: Here is the Any DVD zip-logg enclosed. I don't think this is the problem though, as Clone DVD works.

Frank: This is generated using the ipad preset in Clone DVD Mobile 1.7.0.1. Did not tweak anything :confused:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.1.7_Info_E_INC0EYW1.zip
    145.9 KB · Views: 2
OK then....

Mark: Here is the Any DVD zip-logg enclosed. I don't think this is the problem though, as Clone DVD works.

Frank: This is generated using the ipad preset in Clone DVD Mobile 1.7.0.1. Did not tweak anything :confused:

Let's do this:

A primary issue is your drive region is "0".

Right mouse the system tray AnyDVD fox icon and click "exit".

YOU MUST EXIT ANYDVD OR YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE DRIVE REGION

1. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties" (in Vista, start > right click "Computer" ---> select "Properties")
2. Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button (in Vista, open "Device Manager").
3. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
4. Click "properties".
5. You should have a region tab at the top there. Click that and from there you can select a region.
6. Select the region that matches YOUR COUNTRY. Close those panels now.
7. Start Anydvd, insert the DVD and left click the system tray AnyDVD fox and see that the drive status shown is NOT "0".

Do NOT proceed until the status panel for AnyDVD shows a number for your drive region and no longer "0".

And then do this:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVDmobile1711.exe

Install and reboot.

If this still fails, copy the content of the LOG tab to the clipboard.

Now do "start", "all programs", "accessories", "notepad" and then:

"Paste" now into the notepad file, select "file", "save as" and name it "log.txt".

Click the "Save transcoder log" button also and export that also as an attachment.

Then attach these files to your reply.

I do not think you will get the 300,000 line message anymore.
You MAY get some other error but not one like you showed before and we will not support that version anyway not to mention that message.

Ehhhhhhhh........ Now it works!?! The only change I've done is downloading AnyDVD 6.7.1.7, and reinstall Clone DVD Mobile 1.7.0.1 (and had four beers with my brother) and now it works!!! I've tried 2 films, I'll get back to you if it explodes again. Thank you ever so much for your help! :bowdown: Still the logg from the working encryption is very long though, almost 700 lines, and too big to be accepted as an upload.

strange...

Ehhhhhhhh........ Now it works!?! The only change I've done is downloading AnyDVD 6.7.1.7, and reinstall Clone DVD Mobile 1.7.0.1 (and had four beers with my brother) and now it works!!! I've tried 2 films, I'll get back to you if it explodes again. Thank you ever so much for your help! :bowdown: Still the logg from the working encryption is very long though, almost 700 lines, and too big to be accepted as an upload.

OK, good for you. :clap:

Tip for the future:

As long as you continue to use that version you won't get any help from SlySoft if a problem shows up. Your error message has never surfaced in the past using the SlySoft mobile environment and will not likely appear again but the support is a non-negotiable point nevertheless. ;)

We are presently supporting 1710 and offer 1711 as a first suggestion:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVDmobile1711.exe

And another tip:

You'll get better results if your DVD drive region is NOT "0". Change that to match YOUR country as previously suggested. :D

Upgraded to 1710 and everything still works! Happy as a kitten on acid :D Thank you for all your help!!!

Back