• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"No DVD Drive detected!" since Upgrading to AnyDVD HD 8.1.8.0

In fact all the drives connected to the machine are there but AnyDVD marks them disabled.

Putting a tick in the "Aggressive Scan for Drives" checkbox hasn't had any effect.

Happy to provide any further information or receive a simple solution that I should have thought of.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.8.0_Info_D_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    30 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.1.8.0_Info_G_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    30 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.1.8.0_Info_I_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    30 KB · Views: 1
Putting a tick in the "Aggressive Scan for Drives" checkbox hasn't had any effect.
Don't do that. I really should remove that checkbox. (Want to know, what it does? Right mouse button tells you)
Anyway, all is looking good. No idea, what the problem might be.

This happen to me with a few version of this software. Your best bet now is to disable anydvd. Then go into your device manager and unistall your drives. Then reboot your computer. In all honesty you should unistall anydvd before you unistall your drives. For whatever reason when this problem pops up, any dvd becomes the main driver for your drives and does not relinquish that right even when you exit out of or uninstall the software. This causes windows to see the drives as always empty, which in turn causes anydvd to see the drives as empty.

This happen to me with a few version of this software. Your best bet now is to disable anydvd. Then go into your device manager and unistall your drives. Then reboot your computer. In all honesty you should unistall anydvd before you unistall your drives. For whatever reason when this problem pops up, any dvd becomes the main driver for your drives and does not relinquish that right even when you exit out of or uninstall the software. This causes windows to see the drives as always empty, which in turn causes anydvd to see the drives as empty.
Thanks for the response Watcher0363. Windows sees the drives, and if there's a disk loaded, see its content. AnyDVD reports them but marks them inactive.

I have downgraded to 8.1.7.0 and the pop-up doesn't occur. Perhaps a log from that version has more information.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.0_Info_G_Ghost_in_the_Shell_2_Innocence.ziplog
    139.6 KB · Views: 4
I had the same thing happen, turned out to be my AV blocking something essential during the install.

I disabled my AV and did an uninstall / reboot, then re-install and it worked fine.

I had the same thing happen, turned out to be my AV blocking something essential during the install.

I disabled my AV and did an uninstall / reboot, then re-install and it worked fine.
Thanks for the response darkdragon. I plan to upgrade to 8.1.8.0 again when I can afford to be without the facility temporarily and will take your advice with respect to the AV protection. I expect to discover that I mistook VLC's complaints, and that despite the pop-up, AnyDVD HD is working fine. VLC tends to assume DVD despite evidence there is a Blu-Ray in the player.

Thanks for the response darkdragon. I plan to upgrade to 8.1.8.0 again when I can afford to be without the facility temporarily and will take your advice with respect to the AV protection. I expect to discover that I mistook VLC's complaints, and that despite the pop-up, AnyDVD HD is working fine. VLC tends to assume DVD despite evidence there is a Blu-Ray in the player.
Don't use VLC for disc playback. It simply can't do that right.

Don't use VLC for disc playback. It simply can't do that right.
Thanks for the response James. I've never, IIRC, used anything but VLC. Could you elaborate on its problems and suggest an alternative that does it right please?

Any progress on suggestions to progress the avoidance of the clearly incorrect pop-up
Redfox%20AnyDVD%20No%20DVD%20Drive%20Detected.JPG
Redfox AnyDVD No DVD Drive Detected.JPG

Thanks for the response James. I've never, IIRC, used anything but VLC. Could you elaborate on its problems and suggest an alternative that does it right please?

Any progress on suggestions to progress the avoidance of the clearly incorrect pop-up
View attachment 38861
Please post a correct logfile with a disc in the drive. Right click on the Fox Head in the Taskbar. Create Log file. Then upload it to the forum. The file you uploaded above is not a log file.

Please post a correct logfile with a disc in the drive. Right click on the Fox Head in the Taskbar. Create Log file. Then upload it to the forum. The file you uploaded above is not a log file.
Thanks for the response RedFox 1. The files uploaded with the OP (https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/no-dvd-drive-detected-since-upgrading-to-anydvd-hd-8-1-8-0.73540/) are all log files and the file AnyDVD_8.1.8.0_Info_G_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog had a Blu-Ray Disc loaded despite the title of the file suggesting otherwise.

For your convenience I have attached that file here along with a log file from AnyDVD HD 8.1.7.0 of the same drive with the same Blu-Ray disc loaded, also provided earlier in the thread.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.8.0_Info_G_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    30 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.1.7.0_Info_G_Ghost_in_the_Shell_2_Innocence.ziplog
    139.6 KB · Views: 3

View attachment 38861
Do you see something related in the Windows system event log?

@Hamish MacEwan : run System Information (%windir%\system32\msinfo32.exe), expand the "Software Environment" category, click on "System Drivers", scroll to the entry for anydvd and check if the column "Started" shows Yes and column State shows Running.
Edit: check the entry for elbycdio, too

Last edited:
Back