• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

no disc error message - help

face

can anyone help - when i try and copy a dual layer disc the copy works but when i try to burn i get a message to say please insert blank disc - any dvd doesnt seem to recognise that it is a blank 8.5 disc. i have upgraded formware on my dual layer drive and tried verbatim, philips and traxdata discs all with the same result - it doesnt seem to see the blank disc - any ideas!!!!

can anyone help - when i try and copy a dual layer disc the copy works but when i try to burn i get a message to say please insert blank disc - any dvd doesnt seem to recognise that it is a blank 8.5 disc. i have upgraded formware on my dual layer drive and tried verbatim, philips and traxdata discs all with the same result - it doesnt seem to see the blank disc - any ideas!!!!

I can copy files via clonedvd but when I go to write, It states there is no disc

Anydvd is not a burning application it is simply a decrypter only. You need a burning app like clonedvd2 or another favorite burning application.

What brand is the DVDRW.....what software are you attempting the burn with?

ive tried using roxio easy media creater and clone dvd. the writer is a lacie porche slim dual layer writer.

i bought another dual layer writer a freecom one - just a cheapy - i got that to write a dual layer but it wont play on my dvd!! plays on pc but thats not much help - id rather stick with the lacie as it is a quarter the size of the freecom

im fine with compressing dvds onto a 4.7 but this 8.5 just doesnt seem to work!!!

Last edited:
ive tried using roxio easy media creater and clone dvd. the writer is a lacie porche slim dual layer writer.

i bought another dual layer writer a freecom one - just a cheapy - i got that to write a dual layer but it wont play on my dvd!! plays on pc but thats not much help - id rather stick with the lacie as it is a quarter the size of the freecom

im fine with compressing dvds onto a 4.7 but this 8.5 just doesnt seem to work!!!

I believe Roxio is your problem. It doesn't "play well with others"...so to speak. You don't need it, I uninstalled mine.. Any DVD+CloneDVD (set for 8.5), using Verbatim +R DL, with an appropriate DL burner...should work. Also: AnyDVD+DVD Shrink(free)+Nero Burning Rom (v6.6 free) with Verbatim +R DL & DL Burner will work...except on certain recent movies.

Roxio 7 is an excellent burning app for D/L but that doesn't solve the problem of the disc not playing in your DVD Player. Be certain that the "Drag to Disc" is not installed.

I assume the media you are using is compatible with the DVD Player?

Thanks for the suggestions - drag to disc is not installed. still not getting any joy - the clone dvd any dvd combo seems to work on most things but wont cut a dual layer on anything i try !! i managed a dual layer record on the freecom, but get no disc errors on 2 different dvd players - although i can play it on my PC - any ideas - this is driving me crazy!

I have had this problem, in the PC, the dvd player is new, but my DVD player is also a divx one and that does not play the disk, it start's but then stops, like on lord of the rings. I think the players don't have support for the duel writerable disks, if any one else has any comments

I have had this problem, in the PC, the dvd player is new, but my DVD player is also a divx one and that does not play the disk, it start's but then stops, like on lord of the rings. I think the players don't have support for the duel writerable disks, if any one else has any comments

If you're using dual media and it's not playing look at the manual to see, have you tried with single layer. What kind of blank media is being used ripping and burning with what?

Some standalone DVD players will not play certain DVD discs like +R or -R, all DVD players will play DVD-ROM, so if you can booktype your discs that will probably solve your problem. So what are you blank discs, +R or -R?

Problem With Any Dvd

HI GUYS I WAS WONDERING IF SOME ONE CAN HELP ME, I HAVE INSTALLED ANY DVD ABOUT 5 TIMES WITH IN THE PAST WEEK AND EACH TIME I INSTALL REBOOT APPLY PATCH ECT ECT, WHEN I GO TO CHANGE SETTINGS IT SAYS THAT I HAVENT GOT A DVD PLAYER INSTALLED :mad: :mad: :mad:
WHEN I HAVE ITS A DUAL LAYER SONY RW AW G170A SO PLEASE GUYS ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

THANK YOU

GARETH :bowdown:

Back