• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No Country For Old Men problem

Jalabar

"File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_04_4.VOB 23 TCSectorReader"

This is the error I receive when trying to use clonedvd2 to process a backup I made of the movie. The reason I did this was because "PowerDVD" would give me a "cycle redundancy error" when 2/3 through the movie backup I made. I wanted to know what clonedvd2 would find. It found the same .vob that "PowerDVD" said was the problem.

I used anydvd with clonedvd2. First making files of the movie in a folder. And then creating a backup with the "Write existing data" choice in clonedvd2.

p.s. This same error was found on the 2 backups I made.
Used TY dvd-r premium.

Last edited:

This is the error I receive when trying to use clonedvd2 to process a backup I made of the movie. The reason I did this was because "PowerDVD" would give me a "cycle redundancy error" when 2/3 through the movie backup I made. I wanted to know what clonedvd2 would find. It found the same .vob that "PowerDVD" said was the problem.

I used anydvd with clonedvd2. First making files of the movie in a folder. And then creating a backup with the "Write existing data" choice in clonedvd2.

Used TY dvd-r premium.

I moved this thread to the CloneDVD section since you were using CloneDVD as the ripper. Please also keep trouble-shooting threads separate and start your own thread rather than posting in someone elses. :)

The error message you are receiving is a read error. Make sure you are using the latest version of AnyDVD & CloneDVD.

AnyDVD 6.3.1.7: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
CloneDVD 2.9.1.5: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD.exe

If you didn't have the latest versions then update. If you already have the latest versions then please do the following:

(1) Post a log file

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

(2) Check the disc with Nero CD-DVD Speed

Download Nero CD-DVD Speed (freeware). Run the program, and select the ScanDisc tab. Select the drive the original disc is in and click Start. There should be no red spots showing up. If there are then it's possible the disc is bad, the drive is slowly dying or there is problematic and incompatible software installed on the system.

Backed up this movie with no issues using AnyDVD 6.3.1.7 and CloneDVD2 2.9.1.5:agree:

Used TY dvd-r premium.

When I first read your post I thought you had a problem backing up the orginal disc but upon rereading I am confused.

I have a few questions:

(1) Does this error occur when you are ripping the disc to your HDD?
(2) Is this problem happening when you are burning the files from your HDD to a blank DVD?

I'm confused by this statement:

This is the error I receive when trying to use clonedvd2 to process a backup I made of the movie.

If you've already ripped the original disc to the HDD there should be no further processing needed. All you need to do is burn it, right? Or are you trying to re-rip a backup? If you are processing a backup that was already made then it's possible the backup was bad to begin with. Use the original disc and make a backup from that.

I'd still like to see a log created with the original disc. I just apologize for not fully understanding where the problem you are having is occuring.

Last edited:
backed up my copy of 'no country for old men' region 1...with newest anydvd and clonedvd without any problems what so ever....

No country for Old Men

Backed it up with any dvd and dvd shrink. Ripped to the hard drive, then imported the files with shrink

Yes. I was making a copy of a copy. I deleted the encoded files I created with clonedvd2 from the original disc on my HD and then decided I wanted 2 backup copies. So I figured I'd just encode the copy onto my HD and make another copy. Strange. I know. But I hate even putting any of my originals in any player or dvd-rom now that I have anydvd to make a perfect backup. It appears that my original "copy" was bad. I apologize.
I have attached the anydvd log file from my original disc.
A scandisc looked great of the original as well.

And YES. My new backup is error free and playing just fine.

Off the point a little. But I use TY dvd-r 8x premium media and I notice that near the bottom of some cake packs that I get some bad burns.
But it usually just dose not finish. This was strange in that it did finish with a small error on it.

Thanks for the help gents.

Log attached.

Jalabar

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_NOC0NNW1.zip
    97.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Yes. I was making a copy of a copy. I deleted the encoded files I created with clonedvd2 from the original disc on my HD and then decided I wanted 2 backup copies. So I figured I'd just encode the copy onto my HD and make another copy. Strange. I know. But I hate even putting any of my originals in any player or dvd-rom now that I have anydvd to make a perfect backup. It appears that my original "copy" was bad. I apologize.
I have attached the anydvd log file from my original disc.
A scandisc looked great of the original as well.

Yes, it looks like the problem crept in somewhere in the backup process and was enough to cause problems in backing up the backup. While I cannot recommend backing up a backup if I were to do it I'd either use CloneCD and just flat-out burn an exact image or I'd use the Write Existing Data method in CloneDVD. Personally, I'd go with CloneCD. We all want to protect our original discs but it's just better to make a new backup from the original disc and not another backup.

And YES. My new backup is error free and playing just fine.

I'm glad you got your backup working. :)

Off the point a little. But I use TY dvd-r 8x premium media and I notice that near the bottom of some cake packs that I get some bad burns.
But it usually just dose not finish. This was strange in that it did finish with a small error on it.

Interesting to hear. I only use Verbatim 16x DVD+R discs and have been lucky enough to not experience a problem like this.

Thanks for the help gents.

I was glad to help.

Log attached.

Thanks for posting it. The log looks perfectly fine as it should. :)

I like verbatim at times. DL to be more precise. The TY's that are bad are far and few in between. The good burns always play nice with not one bit of shuddering or skipping. Just a perfect playback.

Back