• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NO BLURAYS RECOGNISED

jon jones

ANYDVD wont pick up a single bd disk even really old ones,just says theres no disk in the drive,'new dvd's are fine,its only blurays-see log attached

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.3_Info_D_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    23.9 KB · Views: 6
If you exit out of AnyDVD (right click the fox icon on the taskbar and choose exit), do you then see Blu-rays in the drive in Windows Explorer?

ive already registered and signed in,does it show i havent? Sorry if this is case-my drive is a LG
Super Multi Blue Internal 14x Blu-ray Disc Supports BDXL (128GB) Discs rewriter
  • WH14NS40

Last edited:
ive already registered and signed in,does it show i havent? Sorry if this is case-my drive is a LG
Super Multi Blue Internal 14x Blu-ray Disc Supports BDXL (128GB) Discs rewriter
  • WH14NS40
Does that drive say MDisc on the front panel? Have you used it before with the BDXL discs? EDIT Yes I see it does in the specs. Just looking for a reason why it is not recognizing your discs. Do you have the drive checked in the settings?

If you exited out of AnyDVD like I said and nothing else sees Blu-ray discs then that would imply the drive is faulty. The drives have 2 lasers in them, one for DVD's and one for Blu-ray, it would appear that the Blu-ray laser is faulty

yeah i was leaning towards that thought also,as powerdvd bdinfo picks the drive up-so thats 2 of them drives ive had in 6 months :/ -thanks for advice guys -Yeah Redfox1,as its picking up the normal dvds and ripping no issues,im thinking the laser is dead-drive made an awful lot of noise while trying then it was no more picking up BD even real old ones

yeah i was leaning towards that thought also,as powerdvd bdinfo picks the drive up-so thats 2 of them drives ive had in 6 months :/ -thanks for advice guys -Yeah Redfox1,as its picking up the normal dvds and ripping no issues,im thinking the laser is dead-drive made an awful lot of noise while trying then it was no more picking up BD even real old ones
I believe you are right, new LGs are not that expensive, I have seen them as low as 50USD, I hope you have had good use of it.

Terrible use,this is the second one in 6 months,of that exact same model,last time was different issue,i pulled the cable out,and it took all the pins with it,so i could'nt plug it in -of course this is my own view-but ill not be getting one again as 66GBP (meant to £89 so aint a cheap and nasty),if they wont replace :(

Last edited:
Woh, I am surprised to hear about this. I have one too and never had any issue with it. Well I guess quality control must have short staff at LG.

This is 3rd now i've had now Hawk since late July,both had the same issue 'bluray laser failure' ,reason i asked in here was i thought "surely not again" "must have been a bad one in past" but i sent it back-with a note saying what the problem with the last one was and think this is same-,then put a normal disk in-you will see the problem :) " -but im happy as i had my replacement the next day - thanks guys for your replies

Last edited:
Back