• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

no audio

Nero show time will play the ripped any DVD file with audio.

Then this definitely is an issue that has nothing to do with Anydvd.

Unfortunately, I'm out of suggestions. Perhaps someone else will help you with Shrink or Recode (try preserving the menu).

I just tried adjusting the audio on my stand alone. If I select 5.1 I have no audio but Dolby works?

I did have all the audio options checked.

If this problem is when you play the DVD on your computer then you need the audio codecs for your computer. If you have all of the audio w/ checkmarks next to it then you are doing something else incorrect when you try to compress the DVD as neither Shrink nor Nero Recode will compress the audio.

I think Shrink or Recode is removing this and that's your issue I bet.

If I select 3.2.1 on my stand alone I have audio on the burned copy. I've never had this problem with shrink or recode before. Could it be that this is an older movie that wasn't originally released with surround sound and it's freaking shrink and recode out?

Thanks everyone for all the help.

I think Shrink or Recode is removing this and that's your issue I bet.

Charlie,
I have never had Shrink nor Nero remove any audio that I did not want removed.

jadkam,
Go into re-author mode in Shrink. Make sure the only audio checked is 5.1 and not DTS or anything else. Now play the movie and see if you have audio that plays through the computer speakers. Most of the features and trailers are usually 2.0 stereo. If you copy the DVD in 5.1 and your system is not 5.1 the computer will convert it to 2.0 stereo as will a standalone DVD Player. You are only using the front 2 speakers

When you backup a DVD using Shrink are you using Nero to burn the file or are you using ImgBurn??

I sent you a PM.

Last edited:
I just use shrink? thanks for the link I'm off to work now, I'll check it out first thing tomorrow. Thanks again.

Back