• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Night at the museum

CooKie

Ok im tring to back up Night At The Museum

Anydvd 6.1.1.3
CloneDVD 2.9.0.3

OK here we go, I have thus far never had this happen to me with any back up. I ran everything just like i always do. Doing 1-1 back up, it did rip with no problems. At least it seemed to. But when burning to dvd it stoped at 75% and said bad media disk. Ok this has happened to me before(the bad media part). So i put in another disk............ No disk inserted.... Hmmm ok another disk........ same.

It seems my drive has been hit. I cant get it to read anything or write for that matter.. I did a re flash of firmware, tried updating drivers for IDE controllers. now im stumped.. Any ideas Welcome.

Forgot to add my drive is, TSSTCORP CD/DVDW SH-W162Z
O/S Windows Media Center (up to date)
Thank you Cookie

Last edited:
Anydvd 6.1.1.3

1. Update Anydvd: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6136.exe. Install. Reboot if asked to.

2. Specify a)the brand and b)model number of your optical reader and writer with c)firmware versions for these optical drives. d) Let us know what operating system (version number and service pack, if applicable) you're using as well. e) Check to see if there's an updated firmware version for your burner and your reader.

3. What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

4. At what speed are you burning your blank media?

5. Do steps 3 and 4 from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559

Last edited:
Yeah, I would definitely update. Unless there's a difference between region 1 and 2 (I got my copy from England), there's nothing special about this movie's protection at all.

The media im using is ,Well i know how much most of you love these..lol $ony 16x. But up till now i have never had a problem with thouse. In fact I'm at the end of my 50 pack.
But i dont think the media is my problem. I'm thinking it's something todo with the drivers. I have uninstalled the device from the device manager(dvdburner) as this is the only drive I have in my Computer. Then I tried the uninstall , turn off then unhook dvd drive, then I start Pc again with dvd drive unhooked. Turn off Pc reconnect dvd drive and restart Pc. It is detected in my devive manager. However still says (when dvd inserted) no media found.
I also reflashed the dvd-rw just to make sure.

Firmware is TS01. latest i found
Oh I'am R1

Last edited:
I've updated that today,But that wasnt my problem. Thank you though. Infact this probly isnt the right forum for this Post. If not then can the MODS move it to correct one ...Thank you

Last edited:
The media im using is ,Well i know how much most of you love these..lol $ony 16x.

I don't really hate Sony. Sony's Japanese DVD+RWs are great if you can find them! In general, Sonys aren't terrible (in the same sense that Princo is terrible); they just aren't, on average, as good as Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, or Maxell Plus/Broadcast quality. Besides, just saying "Sony" doesn't really mean anything; the same is true for just saying "Verbatim" or "TY". I tend to cringe around TY Tru Blu, for example (well, lately), but anyway . . .

Regardless, I do not recommend burning media at 16x. And burn speed could be an issue.

. However still says (when dvd inserted) no media found.

What still says? Anydvd? And when what dvd is inserted? Your blank or the original movie?

If Anydvd says your drive is disabled, ignore the message unless you also receive it
when you have a movie inserted in that drive. Some drives' firmware may report the wrong
information to Anydvd. Often Anydvd will still function properly.
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=2891&postcount=12 (Zebadee's Anydvd works fine)

Yeah, anyway, go through the list of steps I posted please. You haven't done them yet (specifically #5 from my initial reply).
If you're not willing to do that or try recommended blank media, then I really have no other suggestions.

Last edited:

Anydvd 6.1.1.3
CloneDVD 2.9.0.3

OK here we go, I have thus far never had this happen to me with any back up. I ran everything just like i always do. Doing 1-1 back up, it did rip with no problems. At least it seemed to. But when burning to dvd it stoped at 75% and said bad media disk. Ok this has happened to me before(the bad media part). So i put in another disk............ No disk inserted.... Hmmm ok another disk........ same.

It seems my drive has been hit. I cant get it to read anything or write for that matter.. I did a re flash of firmware, tried updating drivers for IDE controllers. now im stumped.. Any ideas Welcome.

Thank you Cookie

had this drive and it failed after 2 months-doing ecxactly has you stated

Your DVDRW is a Samsung unit that is noted for premature failure. If at all possible, try a different DVDRW.

Anydvd 6.1.1.3
CloneDVD 2.9.0.3

Thank you Cookie

you could try dvdfab decrypter to decypt to harddrive then use slysoft clonedvd then the problem will not appear as long as the free dvdfab decrypter decrypted the protections. delete the directory after copyed using slysoft clonedvd downloads is the free download of the program.

Last edited by a moderator:
you could try dvdfab decrypter to decypt to harddrive then use slysoft clonedvd then the problem will not appear as long as the free dvdfab decrypter decrypted

Anydvd works perfectly fine with this title, and the issue has to do with burning or media--and not the decryption.

While I don't care if you link directly to dvdfab decrypter program, linking to the general site does break this rule:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is not a product or service that competes with a product or service offered by SlySoft and it is not an affiliate program link for vBulletin or any other affiliate program."

Please do not do link directly to that commercial site again. :policeman:

Consider this a warning.

Last edited:
Ok guys I tried my othier burner MADDOG MD-16XDVD9A2(rev.1.F3) It is reading the dvds and the blanks just fine but CloneDVD is giving me failer to write to media.. So now im going to try to reinstall Clone And see if that helps. Actully first i think i will try a differnt software to see if it works with or without errors.. Just to state that clone & anydvd have been my number one choice for 3-4 years now.

ok i Re-did step 3,
Right click on the Intel/VIA/Nvidia whatever controller(the part that isn't the secondary or primary IDE channel), then right click, and select update driver.

i went ahead and did the primary and secndary this time and IT WORKS

From how i read it though i wasnt to do the prim and sec... But IT WORKS so thank you WEBSLINGER fort having me go back :clap:

Now my othier drive...lol Probably still good

Thanks to ALL :bowdown:

Now my othier drive...lol Probably still good

Well, that probably fixed your issue.

i went ahead and did the primary and secndary this time and IT WORKS

I may start suggesting people do that more often . . .

Anyway, Step 4 requires you to list your lower and upper filters--so we can see whether you have any potential conflicts.

Last edited:
This is what i got from step 4, I am still only getting to burn one disk then I get the bad media again

----------------------------------------------------
Filter Driver Load Order http://www.bustrace.com
----------------------------------------------------

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Device Object: MAD DOG MD-16XDVD9A2
Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Device Filter: imapi

Driver Name: redbook.sys
File Location: c:\windows\system32\drivers
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) [5.1.2600.2180]
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180 [5.1.2600.2180]
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation

Driver Name: pxhelp20.sys
File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
File Version: 2.03.26a [2.3.26.0]
Product Name: PxHelp20
Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
Company Name: Sonic Solutions

Driver Name: elbydelay.sys
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG

Driver Name: anydvd.sys
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
File Version: 6.1.3.6 [6.1.3.6]
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.1.3.6 [6.1.3.6]
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.

Driver Name: imapi.sys
File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) [5.1.2600.2180]
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180 [5.1.2600.2180]
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation

Ok here is some more

Filter Check Tool v3.4

No Upper Filters found.

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Filterdriver properties are:
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: AnyDVD
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
Version Info: 6.1.3.6
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyDelay
Name: ElbyDelay
Caption: ElbyDelay
Description: ElbyDelay
DisplayName: ElbyDelay
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Version Info: 5.1.0.1
StartMode: Manual
StartName:

A Lower Filter found is: PxHelp20
Name: PxHelp20
Caption: PxHelp20
Description: PxHelp20
DisplayName: PxHelp20
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
Version Info: 2.3.26.0
StartMode: Boot
StartName:

Last edited:
from http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html

"Common device filters include redbook, partmgr and imapi. Redbook and imapi are usually found on CD/DVD drives, for audio and burning within Windows."

and

"pxhelp20 - Part of Sonic Burning engine, it's made by prassi/veritas and licensed to Sonic. Comes with Winamp, 1click DivxToDVD and (older versoins of) Digion Audio. "

I don't really see anything the matter with your filters. I'm not aware of pxhelp20 causing conflicts with Slysoft software, but you could always try uninstalling whatever added pxhelp20 to your filters. Redbook and imapi are pretty common; I don't see an issue there.

So, as I stated before you can try recommended blank media--or it's, as others have suggested, possible your burner is dying (test your burner in another system).

I had problems with it... but it was weird. I tried 5 different times and kept getting just the directors narrative cut and not the actual movie. I finally gave up.

I had problems with it... but it was weird. I tried 5 different times and kept getting just the directors narrative cut and not the actual movie. I finally gave up.

You either selected the wrong title or the wrong audio in whatever program you were using.

Back