• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

nichijou blu-ray

Melon

I am a newbie. I am archiving my collection of DVD and blu-ray discs on hard disks and I have got stuck on a nichijou blu-ray disc. There are various editions of this anime series, but I am talking about Amazon ASIN: B08BDWYHJL. I ripped this disc on a hard disk, but it does not seem to play on some computers. Even it it does play on a computer, it seems to take several minutes to play it back. I don't know where to report this, so I am posting it here in this forum now. Thank you.

Last edited:
Insert the original disc and create a logfile by right-clicking on the AnyDVD icon in the taskbar on the right and Create logfile. Let it work and then upload the log here.

Thank you. Do you mean this?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.4.0_Info_Z_Nichijou_D1_0A5629ED_408D0CE4.ziplog
    165.1 KB · Views: 7
Thank you. Do you mean this?
Exactly. Now wait for the devs or another member to find something.
What happens when you disable the removing of annoying trailers?

I have done it in several different ways including the selection of options you mentioned, but the results are the same. Besides when it does play on some computers, it lacks the options on the menu screen. So, I cannot go any further. However, I happened to find a way out of this. If I press the-next-item-on-the-list button on VLC, I can enter the first episode of this anime. Actually, this menu screen should show "Play All," "Episodes," and "Set up," i.e. selection of audio tracks. There are subtitles, but users are now allowed to select them. So subtitles are not included in the "Set UP."

I also found I could create a playable iso image file. But I would rather rip it onto a hard disk file by file.

Maybe AnyDVD cannot decrypt it properly yet or the player cannot play it.
If you use VLC, you can play discs without the menu by selecting the checkbox when opening a media.

Since it is a BD, update Java. That might help.
If that does not work either, I can't do anything and you should wait for someone else.

I don't know where that checkbox is. VLC just does not play any part of this anime. It is just black.

As for JAVA, I cannot find it in my computer at hand.

I have a feeling that AnyDVD is not ready for this blu-ray disc as DVDfab and Leawo cannot rip it either.

I have a feeling that AnyDVD is not ready for this blu-ray disc as DVDfab and Leawo cannot rip it either.
Then this will most likely be the issue.

As for JAVA, I cannot find it in my computer at hand.
VLC neede Java in order to play menus. Otherwise, it will only play the movie or episode.

I don't know where that checkbox is.
When you open VLC and then select open media or so (Ctrl+Y I believe, or the menu bar at the top), there will be a checkbox to not play the menu. I will make a screenshot when I am back home if you cannot find it.

Thanks. I found that checkbox. If I check it, I can play the disc. If I don't, I get the "This Blu-ray disc will play on Region A players only" message and cannot go any further.

I installed Java, but nothing changed. I still need to check that checkbox to play the disc. If I don't, I get the "This Blu-ray disc will play on Region A players only" message again and cannot go any further. Guess I had better uninstall Java.

Guess I had better uninstall Java.
Don't uninstall it if you want to use menus in the future.
But your error message sounds like AnyDVD did not remove everything or there is another issue.

Thanks. I found that checkbox. If I check it, I can play the disc. If I don't, I get the "This Blu-ray disc will play on Region A players only" message and cannot go any further.

That's because you're removing the wrong checkboxes. According to your logfile you have the following enabled

- Remove annoyting trailers & adverts
- Remove region code (set to A) <== this is correct if its an import

Black screen problem is very likely caused by that other one. Re-enable the remove region one but DISABLE that "remove annoying trailers and adverts". While anydvd can remove such clips, it does this on a "best guess" approach. It doesn't really know if they're adverts or trailers, and may inadvertently remove clips the disc needs for proper playback behavior. This can result in that black screen problem, and the disc not continuing playback. Disable that adverts setting, re-enable region removal and try again.

If that fails, new logfile

You also don't need a standalone java install. The java is handled on the disc itself.

You also don't need a standalone java install. The java is handled on the disc itself.
Java is only needed for VLC to play menus. If you don't have it, it will show an error message.
But yes, you of course don't need it for AnyDVD or decryption purposes.

I experimented with one of my stupidest blu-ray, TOO YOUNG TO DIE!, thinking that it would not be too complicated.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01L23T4JQ/

I was able to play it back and display its menu with or without Java installed.

But this stuff could not be ripped either.
I am getting a headache now.

Also, as I said, I tried all kinds of option selection, and none worked with nichijou blu-ray disc.

I found in your log file these programs: ATOK and ARK disc? What is the pupose of those? There is a possibility that one of these conflicts with AnyDVD.

But this stuff could not be ripped either.
Please elaborate. What did you do, what failed? Did you get an error message? And please, post an AnyDVD logfile. Thank you.

I found in your log file these programs: ATOK and ARK disc? What is the pupose of those? There is a possibility that one of these conflicts with AnyDVD.

ATOK: A Japanese input method editor developed by JustSystems (www.justsystems.com). Many people use the same kind of thing named MS-IME developed by Microsoft, which comes with every version of Microsoft Windows OS Japanese edition. ATOK is better and more efficient software, but you need to pay about 60 dollars or so. The Japanese writing system consists of a set of 48 kana characters and another set of 48 katakana characters, plus a set of 2,136 regular Chinese characters as well as about 50,000 less common Chinese characters. A computer key board does not have that many keys. So we need to pick characters from a pronunciation. How to use it: you write a pronunciation by using the English alphabet, for example. Then press the space key and ATOK will show several choices that match that pronunciation. You press the Enter key when you find the fitting choice. ATOK is that kind of program, so it probably does not conflict with AnyDVD. If it does, many Japanese users cannot use AnyDVD.

If I type kimono, I get eleven choices from ATOK. Microsoft IME or MS-IME shows eight choices, and most of them are useless.

ARK: A backup software like Acronis True Image, but much easier to use. Developed by ARK Information Systems (www.ark-info-sys.co.jp), it backs up the entire system drive and later restores it from a backup file it created. The one I installed in the computer at hand is Version 12 (ARK HD Revolution Backup 12). The task manager shows that it is running in the background. That is probably because it can also back up any drive regularly, but I have not set up a backup schedule, so I do not think it is doing anything in particular. It is difficult to imagine that it conflicts with AnyDVD.

Last edited:
Please elaborate. What did you do, what failed? Did you get an error message? And please, post an AnyDVD logfile. Thank you.

I backed up the nicijou blu-ray disc 1 on a hard disk by "Rip video disk to harddisk." I took it to a Windows XP laptop to show the first 15 minutes of Episode 1 to a friend learning English so that he would want to buy that blu-ray disc set at Amazon.com or e-bay. We certainly saw that first 15 minutes of that anime in Japanese. A few days later, I tried to show it again in English this time, but no matter how many times I tried, that same laptop never showed any part of that anime. Just a black blank screen. I could see the computer trying to go through files, but playback never happened. "We really saw that anime on this computer last time, didn't we?" I said that, and he agreed. It is so perplexing.

This is an AnyDVD log for the Too Young to Die blu-ray disc.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.4.0_Info_Z_TOO_YOUNG_TO_DIE_CBB9158D_3E3C9619.ziplog
    147.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back