1. RedFox is offering a Xmas discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until November 18, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

NF low video quality

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by Redleg01, Oct 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redleg01

Redleg01 Member

hello, downloaded a few NF movies today and the highest quality I could download was 960x546. One of the movies is called "Inheritance". I have attached the AnyStream astlog. I am wondering if this is a known issue with NF. Thanks

Attached Files:

Heracles likes this.
  2. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

Typically when we see this it's a DRM thing. It is typically with the newer stuff when this happens. I checked that title and I see the same thing.

Redleg01 likes this.
  3. Redleg01

Redleg01 Member

DQ, thanks for confirming that you see the same.

4. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Some titles are great, some not so great.:(

5. Redleg01

Redleg01 Member

What does that mean?

6. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

I believe he means that some are full 1080 no problem but some have different DRM that will only be available in lower quality. At least for the short-term. Rarely is the availability of HD 100% on any of the providers as I have experienced it. You will bump into stuff that is not HD but the vast majority will be.

RedFox 1 likes this.
  7. Redleg01

Redleg01 Member

Okay, thanks DQ. I found Redfox1 answer cryptic. Not what I expected from a moderator. Kind of disappointing if you ask me.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  8. Heracles

Heracles Well-Known Member

Fyi,

Mr. Harrigan's Phone, new movie on Netflix based on a Stephen King Novel, is one of these (960x540's) via AnyStream if ya'll have to address coding on a movie by movie basis.

Netflix serves it at a 1920x1080.

Thanks!

Mike

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  9. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

It was no biggie. I think he just assumed you were more familiar with the situation than you were. It's a hazard of being steeped in the technical stuff all day long. I do this myself in my work when I talk to folks sometimes.

10. Kell Prime

Kell Prime Active Member

A lot of new Netflix are not showing HD any more, many titles I am trying to download are topping out at 576ish. Even titles that I previously downloaded from Netflix have been hit (8 Mile is one, last month it was 720p and now it's topping out at 960x540) Despicable Me is another that's not showing any HD versions. Attached is the log file where I had just searched for Despicable Me 1 and 2. No VPNs are in use. Hopefully it can be figured out soon

Attached Files:

11. bipto

bipto Member

Hmmm... I'm guessing either...

"We're aware of it, and we're working on it"

or...

"Suck it up, it is what it is"

:unsure:

12. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

Not helpful. DRM is close to rocket science. Keep complaining. It will not resolve anything.

SBS2020, DQ, nochzunennen and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.