• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NF low video quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redleg01

hello, downloaded a few NF movies today and the highest quality I could download was 960x546. One of the movies is called "Inheritance". I have attached the AnyStream astlog. I am wondering if this is a known issue with NF. Thanks

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.4.1.astlog
    5.9 MB · Views: 5
Typically when we see this it's a DRM thing. It is typically with the newer stuff when this happens. I checked that title and I see the same thing.

DQ, thanks for confirming that you see the same.

What does that mean?

I believe he means that some are full 1080 no problem but some have different DRM that will only be available in lower quality. At least for the short-term. Rarely is the availability of HD 100% on any of the providers as I have experienced it. You will bump into stuff that is not HD but the vast majority will be.

Okay, thanks DQ. I found Redfox1 answer cryptic. Not what I expected from a moderator. Kind of disappointing if you ask me.

Last edited:
Fyi,

Mr. Harrigan's Phone, new movie on Netflix based on a Stephen King Novel, is one of these (960x540's) via AnyStream if ya'll have to address coding on a movie by movie basis.

Netflix serves it at a 1920x1080.

Thanks!

Mike

Last edited:
Okay, thanks DQ. I found Redfox1 answer cryptic. Not what I expected from a moderator. Kind of disappointing if you ask me.

It was no biggie. I think he just assumed you were more familiar with the situation than you were. It's a hazard of being steeped in the technical stuff all day long. I do this myself in my work when I talk to folks sometimes.

A lot of new Netflix are not showing HD any more, many titles I am trying to download are topping out at 576ish. Even titles that I previously downloaded from Netflix have been hit (8 Mile is one, last month it was 720p and now it's topping out at 960x540) Despicable Me is another that's not showing any HD versions. Attached is the log file where I had just searched for Despicable Me 1 and 2. No VPNs are in use. Hopefully it can be figured out soon

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.4.1.astlog
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back