• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NF - Bit Rate

Joseph.

Hi!

Episode 1 through 6 the rate and file size is excellent, however episode 7 had the lowest result, 899 MB (1,297 k b / s). Has it happened to anyone else? The series is Midnight Mass from NF.

I found this other result on the network for the same episode:

Filename......: Midnight Mass S01E07

File Size......: 2.82 GiB

Duration......: 1 h 4 min

Video.........: Main@L4 | 1920x1080 @ 5 462 kb/s

E.jpg

Not for that series but it has happened to me.
Not sure AS can do anything about it, that is just what NF (or any other provider) sends for that DL.

NF is all over the place. all the time. dont expect consistent bitrates and filesizes. ever. ok, 4/10 it will be consistent, and then out of nowhere an episode will be 3x smaller then the rest of the season, sometimes even entire series. HULU is a tad better, but if you want consistency... HEVC on HMAX is the only one. episodes down to a megabyte exact same filesize and bitrates match as well. im thinking of grabbing something i already have but in HEVC on HMAX if its available. anyways, with all that being said, AP is alo pretty consistent. NF is the worst in my experience. but, none of this is AS' fault. AS grabs what CDN provides and thats that. cheers.

NF and other providers are going through and updating their libraries all the time. I DLed Glee at the early part of the beta and NF gave me 480 to 720p and 448K sound. Now the whole series is at 1080p and 640K. So check back in. Also complain to NF tell them them the quality of that episode is crap. They do respond.

I'm just replying to all of these statements because they are purporting false theories.

Likely the 7 episodes, the dominate profile was HPL (High Profile.) Of course we can't confirm this without seeing a mediainfo. It's likely that for this particular upload the the bitrate of MPL (Main Profile) was significantly better. And in this case, we only can determine the bitrate of HPL (High Profile.)

This is hands down my number one complaint regarding the NetFlix feature for like a year maybe? Either automatically download the one with the higher bitrate to ensure you have best version possible, or give the user to option to choose between HPL and MPL.

I'm adding the mediainfo of The Mole S01E01 in both formats to show proof.

Attachments

• HPL.PNG
    HPL.PNG
    52.1 KB · Views: 41
  • MPL.PNG
    MPL.PNG
    50.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I'm just replying to all of these statements because they are purporting false theories.

Likely the 7 episodes, the dominate profile was HPL (High Profile.) Of course we can't confirm this without seeing a mediainfo. It's likely that for this particular upload the the bitrate of MPL (Main Profile) was significantly better. And in this case, we only can determine the bitrate of HPL (High Profile.)

This is hands down my number one complaint regarding the NetFlix feature for like a year maybe? Either automatically download the one with the higher bitrate to ensure you have best version possible, or give the user to option to choose between HPL and MPL.

All your posts (I read their history) and inquiries are totally valid for me, I know little about the subject, but so far I understand exactly what you mean. I agree with all your assertions.

I will prove you are very correct, here is the confirmation:

About episode 7, mediainfo found on the internet. When the uploader chose Main@L4 he got a better result for that episode of the series. So yes, if we can choose we will have superior results.

Mediainfo from episode 1 to 6: High@L4

Mediainfo for Episode 7: Main@L4. He chose it because it has the best bit rate.

Media info found on the internet, episode 1 to 7:

Filename......: Midnight.Mass.S01E01

FileSize......: 3.09 GiB

Duration......: 59 min 54 s

Video.........: High@L4 | 1920x1080 @ 6 610 kb/s

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Filename......: Midnight.Mass.S01E02

FileSize......: 3.34 GiB

Duration......: 1 h 3 min

Video.........: High@L4 | 1920x1080 @ 6 699 kb/s

Filename......: Midnight.Mass.S01E03

FileSize......: 3.46 GiB

Duration......: 1 h 5 min

Video.........: High@L4 | 1920x1080 @ 6 779 kb/s

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Filename......: Midnight.Mass.S01E04

FileSize......: 3.54 GiB

Duration......: 1 h 10 min

Video.........: High@L4 | 1920x1080 @ 6 388 kb/s

Filename......: Midnight.Mass.S01E05

FileSize......: 3.12 GiB

Duration......: 1 h 2 min

Video.........: High@L4 | 1920x1080 @ 6 352 kb/s

Filename......: Midnight.Mass.S01E06

FileSize......: 3.21 GiB

Duration......: 1 h 7 min

Video.........: High@L4 | 1920x1080 @ 5 994 kb/s

Filename......: Midnight.Mass.S01E07

FileSize......: 2.82 GiB

Duration......: 1 h 4 min

Video.........: Main@L4 | 1920x1080 @ 5 462 kb/s

Thank you so much for bringing me more understanding on the subject.

(y)(y)(y)

:thankyou:

"...or give the user the option to choose between HPL and MPL."

Yes, we do. I know it's not easy for developers, but this tool will give us a much greater gain in results.

@teege has proven this in several posts so far. And I corroborate what he said.

Last edited:

I could’ve sworn they said they were going to fix this/it was a bug, but maybe I’m wrong. Would be nice to be able to chose now that they added that for hbo

I could’ve sworn they said they were going to fix this/it was a bug, but maybe I’m wrong. Would be nice to be able to chose now that they added that for hbo

I didn't know this was implemented on HBO, I don't have access anymore, it was 7 days of testing. Can you please show an image showing this option to choose the best profile. High@ or Main@. I will be very grateful.

What I can say is that AS gets the best result on HBO Max. The maximum always. Comparing with what we see on the internet is exactly the same, the best.

What I can say is that AS gets the best result on HBO Max. The maximum always. Comparing with what we see on the internet is exactly the same, the best.
on hbo they don't have main or high, they have hevc or avc. i was just saying they could do the same with Netflix and let you choose high or main

on hbo they don't have main or high, they have hevc or avc. i was just saying they could do the same with Netflix and let you choose high or main

Developers are following this topic. I'm confident they'll pay attention to this issue that's been playing out well before this post I created. All arguments that have been described so far are valid.

The addition of this option in the NF is very important for us to get even better results with AS. When downloading content on the HM we have proof that the gain is expressive in the bit rate.

“on hbo they don't have main or high, they have hevc or avc.”

Grateful for the clarification. I'm not that familiar with the expressions, but you guys are helping me to improve my understanding of the subject.

Nice to see I'm not the only one to notice the large differences in file sizes. Would be great to have the option to grab the different versions.

Nice to see I'm not the only one to notice the large differences in file sizes. Would be great to have the option to grab the different versions.

Yes, my friend. And the more recent the series is, the higher the incidence of files with a large size difference.

I don't think the developers care enough for this small thing to ever be added.
Couldn't even add it to Amazon, even though it's just a change in the URL.

You are absolutely right.

Back