• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newest PowerDVD Version (3730) And ISO's

OK here is my scenario. I use my ps3 to make my BD iso's. So obviously i cant remove AACS at that time. So what is my best option to turn a PS3 ripped BD into something that can be played in thre newset version of PowerDVD? COuld i just mount the intact image in daemon tools let anaydvd run and use imgburn to create a new image from there? Or should i do it another way?

Im only finding that the newset Fox titles are giving problems with an error saying unsupported disc format when i try to play. I assume this is what id expect if AACS was still intact with the latest Powerdvd?

Um, have you NOT read anything about BD+ on this forum?? :) Fox is the only studio using it, so, yea, you're NOT going to be able to play those with any version of PowerDVD above 3319a. Mounting the images and letting AnyDVD deal with the protection is fine. That's pretty much your only solution if you're using the PS3 to rip. However, the BD+ is not ok until a new version of AnyDVD is released to remove it. That's going to be a while.

Um, have you NOT read anything about BD+ on this forum?? :) Fox is the only studio using it, so, yea, you're NOT going to be able to play those with any version of PowerDVD above 3319a. Mounting the images and letting AnyDVD deal with the protection is fine. That's pretty much your only solution if you're using the PS3 to rip. However, the BD+ is not ok until a new version of AnyDVD is released to remove it. That's going to be a while.

Yep i was fully aware that Fox is pretty much the only studio using BD+ atm. SO as it stands, there is nothing i can do with these images to make them work with anything above 3319a(which is what im running now and they play fine)? And going forward im getting the impression that the ps3 wont be the best solution...so i guess an actual bluray drive for the pc is the way to go?

Yep i was fully aware that Fox is pretty much the only studio using BD+ atm. SO as it stands, there is nothing i can do with these images to make them work with anything above 3319a(which is what im running now and they play fine)? And going forward im getting the impression that the ps3 wont be the best solution...so i guess an actual bluray drive for the pc is the way to go?

There is absolutely nothing you can do to make BD+ work with anything above 3319a until a new version of AnyDVD is released that fully removes BD+. We all hope to see that soon but there's no eta.

I got the LG drive in my signature. If you're in the US, newegg has it for 229 right now which is a steal for that drive. It gives you HD DVD as well as Blu-ray and DVD burning. IMO it's the best drive out there right now except for its big brother that can burn Blu-ray.

Anyone managed to get an HD DVD ISO of MI3 working on 3370? For me, PDVD exits as it starts to play. The same ISO works fine with 3304, 3319.

I wonder if this is a form of the player refusing to play with the protection removed on these newer versions?

PowerDVD Ultra doesn't play HD DVD BD BluRay from hard drive

To our knowledge and experience the newer PowerDVD Ultra versions simply don't play HD movies from the hard drive anymore. This is not dependent on BD+ copy protections:

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic341092.html
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=131761

This is caused by the Navfilter\CLBDROMNav.ax file. Earlier versions had a
harddrive-capable CLBDROMNav.ax file, the new versions feature a non-capable CLBDROMNav.ax file.

While we are working on a solution for this problem, please downgrade to PowerDVD Ultra 3319a (or earlier) or exchange the CLBDROMNav.ax file of your current installation with an older version of CLBDROMNav.ax

The same applies to HDDVDADVNav.dll (the HD-DVD part of PowerDVD Ultra).

Here you still find PowerDVD Ultra 3319a
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=powerdvd+ultra+3319a&btnG=Search

Chris

To our knowledge and experience the newer PowerDVD Ultra versions simply don't play HD movies from the hard drive anymore. This is not dependent on BD+ copy protections:

harddrive-capable CLBDROMNav.ax file, the new versions feature a non-capable CLBDROMNav.ax file.

While we are working on a solution for this problem, please downgrade to PowerDVD Ultra 3319a (or earlier) or exchange the CLBDROMNav.ax file of your current installation with an older version of CLBDROMNav.ax

Chris

Great, I will try this tonight so it should permit me to playback from disk with 3730 !

- Rich

Chris

Doesn't work - just tried it. Used those files from 3319a install and put into 3516 install and no difference.

I think that trying to retro-patch 3730 with old activex controls from previous versions is not the way to go.

While you tap your fingers awaiting the BD+ crack I would recommend either:

1. Dual versioning of Powerdvd (loads of stuff on this forum) - works well, with easy selection between 3192a (playback from hard drive) and 3730, play latest discs

2. Playback from ISO mounted in daemontools (loads on this forum) works fine with either Anydvd removing the AACS/HDCP on the fly, or in advance before ISO creation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hybridising .ax files from 3192a and 3730 does not work, it might have done with 3319f and later but not 3730

I think that trying to retro-patch 3730 with old activex controls from previous versions is not the way to go.

While you tap your fingers awaiting the BD+ crack I would recommend either:

1. Dual versioning of Powerdvd (loads of stuff on this forum) - works well, with easy selection between 3192a (playback from hard drive) and 3730, play latest discs

2. Playback from ISO mounted in daemontools (loads on this forum) works fine with either Anydvd removing the AACS/HDCP on the fly, or in advance before ISO creation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hybridising .ax files from 3192a and 3730 does not work, it might have done with 3319f and later but not 3730

Can anyone verify this?

Stuttering from Iso with v3730

I have a Asus P5E-VM HDMI motherboard, Wolfdale E8400, 4gb Ram, Vista 64-bit SP1, The latest Intel G35 graphics driver. I create iso with anydvd activated using Imgburn UDF 2.50 then mount with the latest Daemon tools. When I try to playback movies without BD+ using powerdvd v3730 they all slightly stutter every few seconds. I've tried more than a dozen movies they all stutter the same it's a very slight stutter. It's not like the heavy stutter you get from BD+ titles. I've tried everything and researched the net for hours. With powerdvd v3319a all of these movies playback perfectly fine. Anyone else get stuttering with powerdvd v3730?

Hmm!

Now i also get in the problem with new PowerDVD 3730

I am testing now lots of situations and try things with Independence Day ISO and Folders

Newest Daemont Tools PRO.

Converting the original Disc with AnyDVD to Folder then to ISO and then again from ISO to ISO .. maybe something works

What i found out is that every BD+ Disc i have i cant DIRECTLY Rip to an ISO using IMGBurn and ANYDVD it only works ripping the FOLDERS to HDD and then make an ISO

IMGburn tells me at these BD+ Titles that theres an E/A error.

I have a Asus P5E-VM HDMI motherboard, Wolfdale E8400, 4gb Ram, Vista 64-bit SP1, The latest Intel G35 graphics driver. I create iso with anydvd activated using Imgburn UDF 2.50 then mount with the latest Daemon tools. When I try to playback movies without BD+ using powerdvd v3730 they all slightly stutter every few seconds. I've tried more than a dozen movies they all stutter the same it's a very slight stutter. It's not like the heavy stutter you get from BD+ titles. I've tried everything and researched the net for hours. With powerdvd v3319a all of these movies playback perfectly fine. Anyone else get stuttering with powerdvd v3730?

I had this problem but seems to co-inside with added a quad core.
theres lots of ways to elimiante stutter but I found the number one cause is memory timmings.

Anyone want me to post a thread on how to improve and or eliminate stutter then please ask.

stutterring

Hi,

Could you tell us a little bit more about that ? What about memory timing issues ?

Thanks for your help

Back