• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newbie Questions

Xmortis

I have been looking for a way to backup my dvds to my HDD so I can watch them without having to get up and change discs :)

Now I have searched the forums over and over, and just have a question or two before I get this software.

Will it allow me to drag and drop so to speak backups of my dvds to my hdd for viewing, and do I need to keep running AnyDvd to allow them to be viewed? Does it alter my original discs in anyway?

Or do I need another program to do that for me?

I r noobie :)

I have been looking for a way to backup my dvds to my HDD so I can watch them without having to get up and change discs :)

Now I have searched the forums over and over, and just have a question or two before I get this software.

Will it allow me to drag and drop so to speak backups of my dvds to my hdd for viewing, and do I need to keep running AnyDvd to allow them to be viewed? Does it alter my original discs in anyway?

Or do I need another program to do that for me?

I r noobie :)

1. Make sure AnyDVD is running (red fox in taskbar)
2. Use CloneCD or CloneDVD2 or any ISO-making software to create an image of a DVD
3. Mount the image with VirtualCloneDrive.
4. Open another beer! :D

I'll just add my personal feelings on this one. :D

1> Make sure AnyDVD is running
2> Load the disc in CloneDVD2, select Clone DVD option (second button)
3> Set output to DVD+R DL to turn compression off
4> Unselect unwanted titlesets(previews, useless special features, etc)
5> Select audio tracks and subtitles you want to keep
6> Select ISO output
7> Create the ISO image on your hard drive
8> Mount with Virtual CloneDrive, Daemon Tools, Nero's img tool, whatever
9> Enjoy!

So yes, very similar to ivanX's instructions, only it'll give you a very nice image with no useless stuff taking up unneeded space.

Thanks for the responses, sounds pretty simple all in all.

One of my first questions again, this wont modify or alter my original dvd discs will it?

Oh and I think I saw somewhere in the forums to uninstall Roxio Drag to Disc? I have that on my system.

all anydvd does is change what your computer sees so that it cant see the copy protection. the original disc isnt affected at all because the changes are software based (a program) not hardware (altering the physical dvd).

as to the second question, yes i believe you should uninstall it. i dont remember why though. :eek:

all anydvd does is change what your computer sees so that it cant see the copy protection. the original disc isnt affected at all because the changes are software based (a program) not hardware (altering the physical dvd).

as to the second question, yes i believe you should uninstall it. i dont remember why though. :eek:
It can interfere with AnyDVD.

Back