• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newbie question

duhmel555

If I use anydvd to create an unlocked image on my desktop, can I copy it to a usb drive and plug that drive into my TV set to view the unlocked DVD?

If I use anydvd to create an unlocked image on my desktop, can I copy it to a usb drive and plug that drive into my TV set to view the unlocked DVD?
So long as your TV can play can ISO. If not then you can convert the iso to something else with Handbrake. You could also use CloneBD to do that from the disc and just anydvd to remove the encryption. I would imagine most of are doing the latter but that's a guess.

So long as your TV can play can ISO. If not then you can convert the iso to something else with Handbrake. You could also use CloneBD to do that from the disc and just anydvd to remove the encryption. I would imagine most of are doing the latter but that's a guess.
I think you meant CloneDVD2.

CloneBD is for Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders only.

:)

Using AnyDVD by itself using the built-in ripper to create an ISO of a DVD is not recommended. Either use CloneDVD to rip the disc to create an ISO, or rip via AnyDVD ripper to files/folders and create an ISO from that.

Video players like VLC media player can read the files/folders structure and find the data needed to play the ripped disc without the need to create an ISO.

If you do end up creating an ISO you need software Virtual CloneDrive (free!) to mount the ISO so it is treated as if it were a disc in a drive.

Before you begin the process of ripping your videos, it's important to check what formats your TV supports.
Once you are aware of the supported formats, you can plan accordingly.
This should make it easier.

I think you meant CloneDVD2.

CloneBD is for Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders only.

I did not pay close enough attention to which forum it was. So thank you very much good sir!

And for me when it comes to DVDs (which is normally boxed sets in my case) I use handbrake as I don't care about menus of preserving the disc.

I did not pay close enough attention to which forum it was. So thank you very much good sir!

And for me when it comes to DVDs (which is normally boxed sets in my case) I use handbrake as I don't care about menus of preserving the disc.
Glad that you saw that I wasn't trying to be mean or anything of that sort to you.

I'm not perfect either by a long stretch, and I'm reminded of that fact from time to time.

FTR (For the record), I need to explore Handbrake more.

Plus, you can also use DVDShrink to convert a ripped folder created by AnyDVD into an ISO file, and you can still find DVDShrink here.

FTR (For the record), I need to explore Handbrake more.

Plus, you can also use DVDShrink to convert a ripped folder created by AnyDVD into an ISO file, and you can still find DVDShrink here.
I've tried both Handbrake and DVD Shrink, on previously ripped to HD files/folders decrypted by AnyDVD. Never directly from a physical optical disc. I personally find DVD Shrink easier to use. DVD Shrink IMO tends to produce better shrinkage with less artifacts.

If someone does download DVD Shrink they should get the "burn with Imgburn" version. The original "burn to disc" option was Nero. *Blech!* Imgburn is free, and will burn DVDs and Blurays. So you can rip a DVD to files/folders or Bluray to ISO using the built-in AnyDVD ripper and throw that at Imgburn and you are "golden."

Back