newbie question rips play via media center?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by aleicgrant, Feb 7, 2008.

1. aleicgrant

aleicgrant Well-Known Member

ok I am a TOTAL newbie to this. I have been using this program to back up my disks since my kids like to get 6 trillion finger prints on them. My question is, assuming I have the network to do it, can I store these on a media center PC and stream them to say an xbox 360 or PS3 or even an intel mac mini connected to my tv. I have a 5ghz full media band network that can more than handle it and almost 6tb of space on my pc.

Yes......I love movies :)

2. eclipse98

eclipse98 Member

Absolutely :D

3. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

No. you can't do that with standard DVD's either (though with DVD you can do on the fly conversions to stream them.)

4. scbysnx

scbysnx New Member

is it possible to rip dvd's to WMV's and do it?

5. hxall

hxall Active Member

yes, you can also rip your dvd's to iso/ifo and stream using TVersity, just google it...

6. scbysnx

scbysnx New Member

I'm going to try it but I doubt it's really what I'm looking for, I'm looking for a sub for a kaleidescape server

7. hxall

hxall Active Member

what are you looking for as a sub? a NAS, if so, check out www.infrant.com/forum, there are many discussion threads on PS3 / X360 media streaming...

I have one of the NV+ with 1.5TB, and it works flawlessly for streaming music and video. The NV+ uses WIZD, UPnP and DNLA to stream video, so you may have to transcode HD material to a format (such as WMV) that can be acceptable for the PS3 / X360...

the good thing about TVersity is that it does transcoding on the fly, but you'll need a PC server to run it from...

8. Rusty257

Rusty257 Well-Known Member

you could also convert your rips to divx or mp4, it will save space.

9. hxall

hxall Active Member

forgot to mention, you can also run the Twonky media server from either the NAS or PC, this software will also stream to X360 & PS3...