• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newbie Question HD DVD on Netgear EVA8000

jkostenbader

I've recently purchased a Netgear EVA8000 media extender and am fairly impressed with the amount of varied file formats it can play back. My question is can I rip a HD Movie to a single playable file format such as AVI using AnyDVD HD and DVD Mobile? What may be the pitfalls of doing so...loss of quality, sound etc?

Any advice would be appreciated

John

I've recently purchased a Netgear EVA8000 media extender and am fairly impressed with the amount of varied file formats it can play back. My question is can I rip a HD Movie to a single playable file format such as AVI using AnyDVD HD and DVD Mobile? What may be the pitfalls of doing so...loss of quality, sound etc?

Any advice would be appreciated

John

I am almost certain that the EVA8000 does not support .evo files. I have a TVix 4100 and it can play some blu ray rips, but for the most part there are very few media streamers out there at this very moment that can handle blu ray and hd dvd rips (none handle hd dvd rips to my knowlege, although there is a process to convert .evo files into .m2ts files, but it is pretty complicated). You can check out avsforum and doom9 for more info.

Back