Newbie needs help

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by bocaguy2006, Mar 15, 2007.

1. bocaguy2006

bocaguy2006 New Member

Ok. So here is what I want to do:

Backup my DVD's to a PC harddrive and stream movies to other PC's in my house or to my TV.

So far I have ripped a couple of movies using AnyDVD. I have not found a good software tool that allows me to play the vob files (how can I easily identify which of the multiple files that are ripped I have to select to play the movie?). In one case so far (Babel) I cannot get past the DVD menu. When I hit play on the menu screen, nothing happens...

Am I missing something here? Any help would be really appreciated...

Thanks!

2. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

windows media player,cineplayer,intervideo windvd player will all play VOB files.
    the moive file is usually the largest file out of the lot.
    open the folder with the ripped files in it.click view>details (maximise the folder to see any hidden details).you will see a size option.click this and the files in that folder will be arranged in size.
    hope this helps.

Attached Files:

3. bocaguy2006

bocaguy2006 New Member

Agreed. I tried all of the file size stuff. In most, I have 5 or 6 files that are numbered and fairly big. I guess what I am looking for is a way to play the movie as if it was a real DVD, including full usage o menus, automatic loading of next file in line etc.