• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newbie needs help

bocaguy2006

Ok. So here is what I want to do:

Backup my DVD's to a PC harddrive and stream movies to other PC's in my house or to my TV.

So far I have ripped a couple of movies using AnyDVD. I have not found a good software tool that allows me to play the vob files (how can I easily identify which of the multiple files that are ripped I have to select to play the movie?). In one case so far (Babel) I cannot get past the DVD menu. When I hit play on the menu screen, nothing happens...

Am I missing something here? Any help would be really appreciated...

Thanks!

So far I have ripped a couple of movies using AnyDVD. I have not found a good software tool that allows me to play the vob files (how can I easily identify which of the multiple files that are ripped I have to select to play the movie?).
windows media player,cineplayer,intervideo windvd player will all play VOB files.
the moive file is usually the largest file out of the lot.
open the folder with the ripped files in it.click view>details (maximise the folder to see any hidden details).you will see a size option.click this and the files in that folder will be arranged in size.
hope this helps.

Attachments

• video_.jpg
    video_.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 9
windows media player,cineplayer,intervideo windvd player will all play VOB files.
the moive file is usually the largest file out of the lot.
open the folder with the ripped files in it.click view>details (maximise the folder to see any hidden details).you will see a size option.click this and the files in that folder will be arranged in size.
hope this helps.

Agreed. I tried all of the file size stuff. In most, I have 5 or 6 files that are numbered and fairly big. I guess what I am looking for is a way to play the movie as if it was a real DVD, including full usage o menus, automatic loading of next file in line etc.

Back