• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newbie Needs Help!!!!

mikegee

Ok : here's what i need to know as simply as I can put it:
I have a computer with many video files I am streaming to my Pioneer BDp-95 Blue ray Player. I own a lot of Blue ray titles.

What i want to know is what software and steps do i need to get a Blue-ray ripped to my HD and converted to some format were I can STREAM ONLY. I am not interested in burning any discs.

i HAVE READ SO MUCH MY EYES ARE BURNING. WOULD SOME SOUL TAKE PITY ON ME AND TELL ME THE SOFTWARE NEEDED AND THE STEPS TO STREAM ONLY BLUE RAY??

i'M GRATEFUL
mIKE

Hey Mike

According to the manual the 95-series uses DLNA protocols, not unlike the PS3 for streaming purposes. However, it doesn't list specific formats that can be played natively without transcoding.

http://tversity.com/home

Tversity on the PC media server would be my suggestion. Transcode all would be a great starting point and dialed in from there. If the Pioneer SKU can import xxx.m2ts natively, disable transcoding because all is good in the world. If it cannot renaming xxx.m2ts file to xxx.mpg works OK though its going to take a beefy proc to transcode 1080 on-the-fly.

Alternatives that I've tried would be twonkyvision (no transcoding available), NeroHome (only a mother could love), or WMP11...all use DLNA subset.

Good Luck

Ryan

P.S. I might have misunderstood the question, seems like streaming is already enabled, just not for Bluray's (xxx.m2ts).

Easy, use AnyDVDHD to rip movie to hard drive, isolate movie xxx.m2ts and see how current streaming services handle it. If it cannot then Tversity might still have to come in and play ball.

Last edited:
newbie help

ryan:

Thanks!! I am getting anydvd-hd today. thats a place to start...finally
mike

Back