• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newbie needs help copying DL DVD.

rkl340

This is my first post to the forum and I hoping I can get some help on copying a dual layer DVD. I have a new DRX-830U Sony DVD burner using the Nero Express Essential software that comes with the burner. I am using Ridata +R DL DVD at 2.4X copying speed using "Any DVD" 6.1.2.5. I have made several attempts to copy Mystic River and the movie Patton for experimental purposes. I copy it to the hard drive then copy it to the burner. It says all is well and it successfully copied the DVD. During playback however in both the computer and DVD player it freezes badly and then just hangs up. This seems to happen on the 2nd layer near the end of the movies.
I have had no problems with single layer DVD’s. Do I need to get Clone DVD to make this work? It’s getting expensive throwing away the DL DVD’s. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you rkl340

Try using better media, Verbatim +R DL. They are the only media you should use for DL. Also, burn with ImgBurn instead of Nero. Especially with the way Nero handles 32kb padding.

saw III would not burn

I,m new at this and before I got anydvd there were several dvd's that would not burn and saw III is still one that will not.error said" failed to read drive D. Any help on this,,,,,Thanks

I,m new at this and before I got anydvd there were several dvd's that would not burn and saw III is still one that will not.error said" failed to read drive D. Any help on this,,,,,Thanks

If you're using the latest Slysoft products, then you have a bad original disc that needs to be exchanged.

Yes webslinger is correct as I just copied this about a year ago with no issues.

Thank you you for the info Linx05. Will give it a try.

Back