• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newbie, Laptop Vista 64 bit, Anydvd 6.5.3.1

fatfanny

I have looked thru the forum before posting, but there is a lot of material there!

Downloaded latest, it shows as 6.5.3.1. I managed to rip Mamma Mia to hard drive, so I think it is installed and key done correctly.

But all I wanted was to back up the DVD. I get msg saying "scanning, wait", but nothing appears in the task tray. It just seems to disappear. Disk light stops blinking. This laptop has one drive, so I figured a while later I would get a msg to load up a blank DVD. I have seen nothing.

I put cursor over the red fox in RHS tray, all it shows is version, and "On 1, Off 0, empty 0".

Computer is late model - HP Pavilion DV7.

Suggestions?

Anydvd decrypts. It doesn't burn.

1. Use Anydvd 6.5.3.3 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6533.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you're not using Clonedvd, Clonecd, DVD Rebuilder, DVDNextCopy, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections properly, then right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar, and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.2.2: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2922.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

D) Provide the Clonedvd log file after Clonedvd has finished--or after you receive an error message.

attachment.php

i)In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
ii)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
iii) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
iv) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
v) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
vi) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
vii) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
viii) click "upload"
ix) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

E. What blank media are you using? Specify
  • brand name
  • type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, ...),
  • media code (I really want this),
  • capacity/size,
  • batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and
  • country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).
If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

G. At what speed are you burning your blank media?

This is a lot of information. Thanks.

I used AnyDVD on windows XP a couple of years ago and it also did the burning. So I guess I need to purchase another program now to do what the one program used to do.

I downloaded CLONEDVD2 on a trial basis and wrote the DVD from my harddrive. I guess I need to purchase it.

I used AnyDVD on windows XP a couple of years ago and it also did the burning.

So I guess I need to purchase another program now to do what the one program used to do.

I've been using AnyDVD since 2005
You're mistaken ....
..... AnyDVD , itself , has never 'Burned"

:)

Back