• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newbie here: How Do I Mount A ISO Image?

spirittoo

Hello and thank you for having me on your forum. :agree:

I'm pretty much feeling around in the dark ... I've never done this before so please bare with me. I have the 5.4.7.0 version of VCD. I made an image of a game disk with Magic ISO ... I went into the settings of VCD and checked the boxes with the "automount last image" and "Keep history of recently mounted images" but I see no way to mount the image.:disagree:

I'm using it on Win7 64 bit and XP 32 bit for the same image neither one works guess because I don't know how to mount the image.

I see the VD in my list under my computer, on both systems but when I click on the icon it ask for a disk.:doh: How do I get it to mount the image? Thank you for reading my post. :bowdown:

Last edited:
It couldn't be simpler. When you install vcd, it defaults to iso association. To mount you have 3 very easy options.

1. (The easiest) double click the iso, vcd will mount it. All done
2. Right click the iso, mount, choose the target vcd drive. Done
3. Right click the vcd drive, mount, navigate to the iso of your choice or choose one of the previously mounted ones.

There is no way to mount from within vcd as there's no need ;-)

Now for the settings.

Automount ... : vcd will after a system reboot automatically mount the last mounted iso file. (Provided the file hasn't been removed or the file path changed.)

Keep history... : the vcd drive in windows explorer will maintain a list 'recently used images' I think it's called. Simply click any item in that list and vcd will mount the image (provided the file still exists or the path hasn't changed)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Must Have A Bad Image ... how to correct?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Well sir ... I did the first thing and VCD open but I wasn't for sure it worked. Then I tried right clicking on the image, but there was no mount in the menu. Then I went to VCD in my computer and right clicked on the mount option, but when I tried to show it the image it was not visible to VCD. I used Magic ISO to make it but I guess it didn't work ... I made two images for two machines with Magic ISO and neither one works ...:doh:

I must be doing something wrong or the program doesn't work ... is there another free tool I can use to make an image that will work? Thanks for reading my post.
:agree:

Data or Bootable?

Maybe I made the wrong kind of image? I made a data DVD image ... should I have made a bootable DVD image instead with Magic ISO?:confused:

For BD's you can use anydvd's built in ripper, right click the fox tray icon and select 'rip to image'. That's all there is to it.

For DVD's use the image writer in clonedvd, although the image ripper built into anydvd does work with DVD's without going into the technical stuff it's not the recommended way.

It should be pretty easy, rip to iso then double click to load the iso in vcd (provided iso was associated with vcd during its installation). It should then take a few seconds to load it into the virtual drive but if all goes well the volume name should appear next to the drive letter and the contents of the image should become visible

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

For BD's you can use (provided iso was associated with vcd during its installation).
Not sure I understand these parts ... "BD" = Boot disk? And if so I need to make a boot disk not a data disk correct? How do you associate the iso with the vcd?:confused:

Thanks for reading my post.:clap:

BD = Bluray Disc

ISO file association is done during installation of VCD

and as far as an iso creator goes for data discs, there's no match to IMGBurn

Well Arighty Then :)

Well sir ... I did as you suggested and downloaded IMG Burn and made my image with it. I used your 3rd option to make sure it loaded. And VCD was able to see and mount the image ... I went to the software and checked the automount box so I am good to go. :clap:

Thank you for all your help. :bowdown:

If all you want is a BD ISO you don't need .dvd file checked

Back