• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New WinDVD BD/HD-DVD does not work with Anydvd HD

I will immediately, if I *ever* get WinDVD to work at all. And no, I will not buy a Vaio just for this purpose.

Hi James,

Yesterday I burnt the 'SLY!' folder and CERTIFICATE folder (this one was empty anyway) alongside BDMV folder to BD-RE disc, and this did not affect playback by WinDVD. So it looks like Book Type is the reason it does not play normal BDs when AnyDVD is running.

If you also certain this is the reason WinDVD does not play them, you can just implement a Book Type setting feature in AnyDVD, and I (and other VAIO users) will test it. You will not need to install WinDVD then.

Also if this feature is implemented in AnyDVD, it could possibly work with images mounted with existing version of Virtual CloneDrive (and other programs, like Nero ImageDrive) as well. Then there is no need to change Virtual CloneDrive. AnyDVD will set the desired Book Type (be it "BD", "BD-R" or "BD-RE") even though Virtual CloneDrive would set it to "DVD" by itself.

Does it *really* require Vista?

James, c'mon man, get with it :) I know it goes against the grain with you, at least you need a test rig with Vista installed or even a dual boot system.

I dunno if WinDVD works with XP (I doubt it) but I can tell you this, since installing Vista32 along with the 8600GTS my HD video quality and colours have improved immensly over XP, even with dire state of Nvidia's drivers.

Last edited:
Hi James,

Yesterday I burnt the 'SLY!' folder and CERTIFICATE folder (this one was empty anyway) alongside BDMV folder to BD-RE disc, and this did not affect playback by WinDVD. So it looks like Book Type is the reason it does not play normal BDs when AnyDVD is running.
This was my thought from the beginning.

If you also certain this is the reason WinDVD does not play them, you can just implement a Book Type setting feature in AnyDVD, and I (and other VAIO users) will test it. You will not need to install WinDVD then.
Will do.

Also if this feature is implemented in AnyDVD, it could possibly work with images mounted with existing version of Virtual CloneDrive (and other programs, like Nero ImageDrive) as well. Then there is no need to change Virtual CloneDrive. AnyDVD will set the desired Book Type (be it "BD", "BD-R" or "BD-RE") even though Virtual CloneDrive would set it to "DVD" by itself.
I don't think this will work so easily. BD doesn't support the DVD "booktype" mechanism (like HD DVD does), to emulate a a BD-R (and a BD drive!) additional commands must be added to the emulation.
We will update Virtual CloneDrive, this is the right way to do this.

James, c'mon man, get with it :) I know it goes against the grain with you, at least you need a test rig with Vista installed or even a dual boot system.
Yeah, a test rig with an 8x00 Nvidia card... :( Can't these Intervideo folks just release a *normal* retail version like Cyberlink does? :confused:

Back