New version notification suggestion

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by BobGeldork, Mar 27, 2007.

1. BobGeldork

BobGeldork New Member

The new bubble pop-up is great but if you are not present when it momentarily appeared then there's no easy way to tell that an update is pending. I suggest that, as well as displaying the pop-up, when an update is available, a small overlay is displayed on the AnyDVD tray icon and remains there until the installed AnyDVD version matches that of the most recent available version. The overlay could be a small yellow exclamation mark.

2. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

i find the pop up window works just fine.it isn't like you can miss it when it appears right in the middle of the screen telling you there is a newer version of anydvd available-you dont need it to tell you twice by also have a balloon notifcation aswell.

3. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

If you are not at your computer (no mouse movements, no keyboard input, ...) the balloon will (should?) be visibile indefinitely.

4. BobGeldork

BobGeldork New Member

That's all good if I was the first person that did either of those things, but, as it happens the computer is shared and some of the people I share it with either care less to tell me that they have seen a popup (i.e., the balloon popup) or simply forget. And, even when **I** see the popup from time-to-time, I am sometimes too busy at that stage to do anything about it and then may forget about it as there's no permanent reminder (like the old-style dialog popup used to be).

In fact, I would even go as far as suggesting adding an option for disabling the balloon popup altogether and simply relying on the suggested icon overlay as an option.

5. mike20021969

then what i would do in that situation is when you have a dvd you're gonna decide to back-up,pay a quick visit to the download page of slysoft and check for an updated version.that should take you about 30 seconds or less to check.
    in fact,a thought has just occured to me for the slyfox staff-how about adding a 'check for updates' option when right clicking on the fox icon in the notification area something like this... :agree:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  6. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

You can open the Slysoft Home Page at anytime and check for a newer version. :confused:

7. cool_desac

cool_desac Well-Known Member

I do get notification by email and pop-ups, too.

I am extremely grateful were I the only one to receive this privelege.

8. mike20021969

i realise that as i mentioned that earlier myself in my last post.the reason i suggested it was that clonecd has this function;)