• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New Version AnyStream 1.0.7.0 (64-bit) broke amazon downloading

Perhaps, or perhaps the premature parsing to get the episode count was what was actually causing the error in the first place. Only devs will know, but it doesn't remove any functionality at all...

True.

Amazon is working ok now, and the CPU usage of qtwebengineprocess.exe is no longer excessive. It may have been an Amazon JavaScript issue rather than an AnyStream issue.

dump file created as AS crashed is attached.

Since last post I un-installed AS, rebooted, and re-installed. I was able to download from Amazon without for that session.
This dump is from the re-installed 1.0.7.0.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.7.0_Dump_20201231131232.astdmp
    780.9 KB · Views: 2
Perhaps, or perhaps the premature parsing to get the episode count was what was actually causing the error in the first place. Only devs will know, but it doesn't remove any functionality at all...

To me, having the episode count is a functionality. Before moving to the next season or title, I compare my episode count from the number of files in that season to the count by the download button to ensure nothing is missing.

To me, having the episode count is a functionality. Before moving to the next season or title, I compare my episode count from the number of files in that season to the count by the download button to ensure nothing is missing.

If you mux-in embedded subtitles and you can't scroll down the page then sure, but at the very least the latter is available to you... Incidentally, it's very difficult to not know that you've downloaded the last episode on the list, but figuring out what episode is missing mid-stream is way harder, that's why one writes a small script to check that the numbers of the episodes in a season folder are contiguous, and flag any interruptions: works great!

Yea it could have been fixed. It was a quirky bug where it would que up the wrong episodes and needed to refresh to fix. It was nice to see if the number matched Amazon and if not what was missing. Some TV shows will have episodes not available but listed and could make a note of it. You can still do it but takes more time now as have to scroll down and do a manual count.
I know what you mean and I am glad I did not upgrade. A lot of older shows where music rights could not be cleared are not available. Some shows like 30 Rock did live shows which are not available on Amazon, available if you have the discs. Psych's musical episodes are done differently also. So far I have had 30 Rock, Highlander, Psych and one other I can not remember with missing episodes. So yeah a count number is helpful, especially if you check the seasons on TVDB before starting on a series.

I know what you mean and I am glad I did not upgrade. A lot of older shows where music rights could not be cleared are not available. Some shows like 30 Rock did live shows which are not available on Amazon, available if you have the discs. Psych's musical episodes are done differently also. So far I have had 30 Rock, Highlander, Psych and one other I can not remember with missing episodes. So yeah a count number is helpful, especially if you check the seasons on TVDB before starting on a series.

Don't know what you mean at all: Psych musical "episodes" were never billed as "episodes," not even on iTunes, they were separate feature-length titles, and are available on Amazon as separate feature-length titles.

Don't know what you mean at all: Psych musical "episodes" were never billed as "episodes," not even on iTunes, they were separate feature-length titles, and are available on Amazon as separate feature-length titles.
I do not know what scrapers you use. I use TVDB with the dvd order to scrape my library. Because I learned the hard way with Seinfeld and Mork and Mindy and a couple of other series to have dvd order as your default setting and still check every season for extended episodes which may or may not be listed as two separate episodes or one episode, Friends comes to mind with that patchwork of dvd authoring. Any way TVDB has the Psych musical episodes, under both aired and dvd order as S07E15 and S07E16. Don't get me started on Wise Guy, no Dead Dog arc, both the aired order and the dvd order does not match.

I do not know what scrapers you use. I use TVDB with the dvd order to scrape my library. Because I learned the hard way with Seinfeld and Mork and Mindy and a couple of other series to have dvd order as your default setting and still check every season for extended episodes which may or may not be listed as two separate episodes or one episode, Friends comes to mind with that patchwork of dvd authoring. Any way TVDB has the Psych musical episodes, under both aired and dvd order as S07E15 and S07E16. Don't get me started on Wise Guy, no Dead Dog arc, both the aired order and the dvd order does not match.

The problem with relying on "community effort" is, well, more often than not people doing the submissions have little clue (even Wikipedia is more reliable in that respect). In any case, I use TVMaze as that has a very nice api that returns JSON (which I parse and feed into my database) and can do server-side fuzzy searches on series names. Here's an example of what I get for Psych:

Code:
querying http://api.tvmaze.com/shows/517/episodes?specials=1 gives:-

<snip>

{"id":46645,"url":"http://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/46645/psych-s07-special-psych-the-musical-1","name":"Psych: The Musical (1)","season":7,"number":null,"type":"insignificant_special","airdate":"2013-12-15","airtime":"21:00","airstamp":"2013-12-16T02:00:00+00:00","runtime":60...

<snip>

{"id":46646,"url":"http://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/46646/psych-s07-special-psych-the-musical-2","name":"Psych: The Musical (2)","season":7,"number":null,"type":"insignificant_special","airdate":"2013-12-15","airtime":"22:00","airstamp":"2013-12-16T03:00:00+00:00","runtime":60...

<snip>

{"id":1610077,"url":"http://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/1610077/psych-s08-special-psych-2-lassie-come-home","name":"Psych 2: Lassie Come Home","season":8,"number":null,"type":"insignificant_special","airdate":"","airtime":"","airstamp":null,"runtime":120...

<snip>

{"id":1327417,"url":"http://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/1327417/psych-s08-special-psych-the-movie","name":"Psych: The Movie","season":8,"number":null,"type":"insignificant_special","airdate":"2017-12-07","airtime":"20:00","airstamp":"2017-12-08T01:00:00+00:00","runtime":120...

It has its own problems, especially in that it lists runtime as show+commercials, but I don't rely on that...

I will add this back. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

yeah, having episode numbers in the downloadables list is a must.

This has to be something random, I have no issues at all, none, zip, nada, its perfect for me. I had no issues with 1.0.6.0 or 1.0.6.1 either.

This has to be something random, I have no issues at all, none, zip, nada, its perfect for me. I had no issues with 1.0.6.0 or 1.0.6.1 either.

I've had errors with episode list ordering quite often and once a blank list once or twice, all went away with 1.0.7.0. W/ 1.0.7.0, once a CDN server went away, another, DRM licence was being difficult but hitting F5 fixed those.

After the initial hiccups installing 1.0.7.0, everything was working fine until I exited AnyStream today. I didn't experience any issues but I got some kind of error message as I exited AnyStream, which created the file I have attached. F.W.I.W. this is the second time I had this type of error when exiting (don't remember if I uploaded the first occurrence).

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.7.0_Dump_20210102130316.astdmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Back