• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New V7.3 of PowerDVD will not play ripped movie from hard drive

Bud B

Just started using AnyDVD HD 6.4.0.0 with my new Blu-ray drive and HD monitor/TV. I found a problem with the newest Ver 7.3 of PowerDVD. I posed the following question to Cyberlink:

When I install your program (Power DVD
Ver 7.2) from the disc bundled with my
LiteOn BD B LH-2B1S I can play the only
Blu-ray movie I own (Hoosiers) from
either the disc itself or the 22GB file
I ripped to my hard drive. When I apply
the free update to Version 7.3 I can
still play the movie from the disc but
lose the ability to play from the file
on the hard drive. Can you explain this.
I have also noticed the movie video is
not as crystal clear as when I play my
same movie on my neighbors Sony player
to his 1080P TV. My video card is
outputting 1920X1080 and my monitor is
a Sharp 32" 1080P TV.

And received the following answer:

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD Ultra software.

In regard to your concern, we like to inform you that this feature to play HD/BD DVD's from the hard drive has been removed from the new build of the CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra software. So, if you use the new build of the PowerDVD Ultra software then you will not be able to play HD/BD DVD's from hard drive.

This feature has been removed from the new version due to some security policies of the organization which set standards for HD/BD DVD's.

We have already escalated your case to higher department and you have to wait for sometime for updates regarding this issue.

We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly use the below mentioned link to get quick answer to your further reply :-

index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards

Is there a work arround for this. I have been using WinDVD for years now on my normal defination DVDs. I wanted to use PowerDVD as it seemed to be the player of choice on this forum. I suppose I could update my WinDVD to the Blu-ray version but I couldn't find anything on InterVideo's site about playing files from hard drive. Don't want to update and then find I still can't do it.

Thanks for the anticipated help on this.

Hi
there are two known ways around this...
1) Downgrade your player to version 3319a (described elsewhere here in these forums) or do a dual install (also described elsewhere in this forum).
2) Re-rip your BD to ISO (this is described here also) you can then mount the ISO using daemon tools (beware of ad ware) and trick Power DVD into thinking its a real disk.

Digging around on this forum will gove you the detailed answer you seek
cheers

2) Re-rip your BD to ISO (this is described here also) you can then mount the ISO using daemon tools (beware of ad ware) and trick Power DVD into thinking its a real disk.

For those who don't like Daemon Tools (SPTD driver? Adware?), Virtual CloneDrive is a working alternative.

Well for those of us who own vista 64, daemon tools is the only option of those listed. VCD is not available to vista 64 yet. There are other options, but why move away from something that has so much support in these threads.

I personally like Virtual CloneDrive myself. It seems a bit lighter on my system. No overhead of protection emulation and the SPTD driver (which there's nothing wrong with, it's just more stuff to install). Plus you have to install carefully so you don't end up with adware on your machine. I have absolutely nothing against Daemon Tools at all and have recommended it to many, but, VCD just does what I need and nothing more. If you're happy with Daemon, no need to switch. For those that want an alternative for whatever reason, VCD is there except for 64 bit Vista.

Back