• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New User With Problems

bavariavike

Hi
This forum is just packed with wonderful stuff, But alas, My problem. About 10 days ago I down loaded AnyDvd's trial version (was using DVD43) and it worked perfect with Dvd Cloner III on my 1st computer. I then downloaded it to my other computer to use with DVD X copy (Video Vault) and it worked fine also. Note: I did remove Dvd43 from my computer.
I liked it so I Bought it, Along with clonedvd (One good product deserves another). I also notice an upgrade to the product sent via e-mail from Slysoft. So I upgraded and registered. But when I did the down load I got a error opening file message c windows\system 32\elby cdio.dll" and could not reentry had to ignore. Then got No dvd drive detected message. So I went to my other computer and Did the same thing and got the same results.

I'm confussed why the trial worked, but the purchased one didn't? I Have uninstalled, reboot, install and reboot. I uninstalled my dvd driver and let windows find a new one, no help. I had powerdvd installed on one compter and removed it, still no help.

I know you guys get tired of answer ing questions, but I'm just not that bright. So if you got the time can you help this dim bulb out?

Thanks for your time Bavaria

I'm not tired of answering questions.... but I'm not sure about your case.
I can tell you that there's only been 2 or three situations like yours posted here, and each had its own unique (often strange) resolution.
Chin UP - someone will help you sort this out.

-W

Thanks Clams

I spent 5 hours Doing some of the things mentioned in other posts, but I just don't think I need to go too that deep where I get myself in serious trouble and can't get out. I just need some step-by-step suggestions.

Thanks again
Bavaria

(was using DVD43)

abandonware; it's no longer developed--and on it's own DVD43 is pretty useless.

and it worked perfect with Dvd Cloner III

Junk

Note: I did remove Dvd43 from my computer.

I'd remove dvd cloner III while I was at it.

But when I did the down load I got a error opening file message c windows\system 32\elby cdio.dll" and could not reentry had to ignore.

I suspect you had a Slysoft program running on your system when you installed or had something else blocking them when you installed.

1. Keep your license keys backed up, and uninstall your Slysoft software (start-->all programs-->Slysoft-->Anydvd-->uninstall and start-->all programs-->Elaborate Bytes-->Clonedvd2-->uninstall).

2. Reboot

3. Download the programs from http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

4. Exit any Slysoft program, any burning application, and anything else that doesn't need to be running.

5. Install those programs you downloaded in step 3

6. Reboot

7. Register your programs http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732

If that doesn't work please follow the steps listed http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559

and when you reach step 4, please note that you are supposed to post your filter information so that I and others can take a look at them

Last edited:
Webslinger' results

Did what you said, No deal. Got to #4 and have data on low filters but did not find high filters.
Results:
Lower filters Reg_MULTI_sz ELBY DELAY ANYDVD cdrbsdrv

Note: I'm just going to work the issue's on one computer because the same proablem exists on both.

Once again deep thanks
Bavaria

cdrbsdrv - from BHA/Ricoh as it was installed with the Ricoh EncryptEase format/engine and B's Recorder GOLD7.

Uninstall those programs until cdrbsdrv is no longer listed in lowerfilters please.

error opening file message c windows\system 32\elby cdio.dll" and could not reentry had to ignore.

Unless you have previously downloaded a crack, this error message is usually a result of not exiting Slysoft programs (hit control-alt-delete and "end process" on any Slysoft program that may be running in the background) when installing.

Another possibility might be that you have Alpha-disc protection/rootkit on your system that hooks into elbycdio.dll. You may want to try visiting http://uninstall.settec.com/eng/ and uninstalling that Alpha-disc nonsense from your system.

Webslinger results 2

Hi

Your BHA/RICOH seems to be my software for my digital vidio camera so I deleated it (Note: This software is on my other computer also.) Once deleted the cdrbsdrv went away.

I did the end process thing and nothing at all was running. As for crack type things I just don't do it. If I like a program I buy it. As for the Alpha disc I down loaded it, and it found something and said it got rid of it.

I have done nothing yet, I'm hanging on your next instructions. (Note: Once I deleted vidio programs mentioned above I had to reboot and the no drives found message was still their.

Thanks

Hi

Your BHA/RICOH seems to be my software for my digital vidio camera so I deleated it (Note: This software is on my other computer also.) Once deleted the cdrbsdrv went away.

This step just helps to eliminate possible software conflicts, but your Slysoft software still isn't installed correctly, so . . .

As for the Alpha disc I down loaded it, and it found something and said it got rid of it.

Brutal. That Alpha nonsense is very very bad (it's a malicious rootkit imo). And you probably installed it when you inserted a dvd movie in your computer.

I have done nothing yet, I'm hanging on your next instructions. (Note: Once I deleted vidio programs mentioned above I had to reboot and the no drives found message was still their.

Well if you got a error opening file message "c windows\system 32\elby cdio.dll" that means your installation was corrupt anyway. So I wouldn't expect anything to be fixed until you reinstall. My theory is the Alpha-disc protection was messing up the installation (but it's just a theory).

That said, what program is giving you that error message (I would like full error messages in addition to the program that's reporting the error message please).

Time to do this again:

1. Keep your license keys backed up, and uninstall your Slysoft software (start-->all programs-->Slysoft-->Anydvd-->uninstall

and

start-->all programs-->Elaborate Bytes-->Clonedvd2-->uninstall).

2. Reboot

3. Download Anydvd and Clonedvd from http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

4. Exit any Slysoft program, any burning application, and anything else that doesn't need to be running.

5. Install those programs you downloaded in step 3

6. Reboot

7. Register your programs http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732

8. Give me step 8 from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321

Last edited:
If anyone else is reading this, check this out:

:eek:

http://update.settec.com/eng/faq/faq_eng.htm

"What is difference between active type Alpha-DISC technology and rootkit?

There may be various view on Rootkit's definition. The most fundametal differences that separate our technology from a malicious rootkit are inclusion of following functions:

1) Asks for a user's consent before installation.

2) Provides the uninstall webpage and the uninstall program for uninstallation anytime.

This clearly seprates Alpha-DISC technology from "Rootkit with malicious purposes."

:rolleyes: :disagree: :disagree:

Ah, that was good for laugh. And not because a professional website can't spell "separates" properly . . .

So, it's not malicious if I write a program that purposely wrecks other software--so long as I provide an uninstall program somewhere. Whatever . . .

If Alpha disc protection gets its hooks in elbycdio.dll and otherwise messes up my Slysoft software, I consider that malicious.

Last edited:
from http://www.virusbtn.com/virusbulletin/archive/2006/04/vb200604-smith

"I was very surprised when I realized the Alpha-DVD protection hooks in memory the code of 'ELBYCDIO.DLL', which is a legitimate library used by the CloneDVD and AnyDVD programs (see Figure 5). While these programs can be used for piracy, modifying such programs without clear notification and consent could be the start of a slippery slope.
As part of the protection strategy, when the Alpha-DVD agent is active some popular DVD-ripping programs may not work correctly while accessing the protected disc.

Figure 5. As part of the protection strategy, when the Alpha-DVD agent is active some popular DVD-ripping programs may not work correctly while accessing the protected disc.

Conclusions

Alpha-DVD DRM protection contains rootkit-like code that may allow other third party programs to hide their processes and prevents security software from having access to their files. This code can readily be used by malware authors with little or no knowledge of rootkit techniques.

Settec quickly released a free uninstaller for Alpha-DVD 1.0.3.5 [4] and an updated version of the agent (1.0.4.0), which does not include the security issues discussed in this article. At the time of writing this article, few anti-virus programs have added detection for this security risk. "

Webslinger reply

Hello again

You were so right about alpha disc! Once reinstalled it worked fine. Except I've regestered so many times on anydvd it ain't taking my code. Clone is fine and worked no problem.

Now what causes this problem? I'm guessing mine, and that is a while back a "friend ask me to back up her Divince code dvd" I read the book 2 yrs earlier
and saw the movie and found the movie lacking. Anyhow I tried to help, but that movie all but locked up my system. So I rebooted and never had a problem again. Until said problems, It still strikes me odd that the trial version of anydvd worked fine, but when payed I had these problems.

Your truly happy Bavarian

Except I've regestered so many times on anydvd it ain't taking my code.
Until said problems, It still strikes me odd that the trial version of anydvd worked fine, but when payed I had these problems.

You had those problems due to alpha-dvd's rootkit nonsense.

What error message does Anydvd give you with respect to your license key?

If you're having problems registering Anydvd, you need to visit the following forum and read some of the sticky posts at the top of the forum (I would suggest posting registration issues in that forum):

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

And again, I would recommend always giving full error messages.

Last edited:
Back