• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New User Region 2 DVD

Mitch

Hi - I am as brand newbie as is possible with CloneDVD. I am considering getting a DVD (of an English TV series, "Minder"), but it's available only as Region2 (European) encoded.
a) Can I burn a copy in Region 1 format?
b) How?

Thanks in advance!

Mitch

You may have to change your optical drive to region 2 for the ripping part, but your backup will be region free. Your bigger issue will be converting from PAL region 2 format to NTSC for region 1, CloneDVD won't do that.

Last edited:
@ Mitch,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your concern should not be focused on Region 2 / Region 1 Region Coding but on Video Format of your PAL Video Format Region 2 English TV series "Minder" DVD.

Region 2 devices use the PAL Video Format. The problem is that your PAL Video Format Region 2 English TV series "Minder" DVD will be in the PAL Video Format. USA Region 1 devices use the NTSC Video Format.

Using the AnyDVD/CloneDVD software program combination will result in the backup copy of PAL Video Format of the English TV series "Minder" DVD to be “Region Free” but will do nothing to convert the PAL Video Format to the NTSC Video Format. Most DVD Viewing/Playback devices in the USA (Region 1) will not support the Viewing/Playback of the PAL Video Format.

Regards,
Coaster

Back