• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New to Reclock

thepharcyde

Hey all, first time poster so be gentle :)

I have recently built a HTPC hooked upto my 24p LCD.

I have used ReClock 1.8.1.9 to smooth jitters as setting my PC to 24hz is fine but every 40seconds I get a slight pause in playback. Reclock has sorted this, but my sound is out and I get lipsync issues playing MKV files playing in WMP11.

I do not know much about how to set it up, and have found the ReClock 1.8.1.9 thread massive with only 7 postings marked up as lip-sync, hence creating a new thread :)

Can anyone help?

I have a AMD matched upto a Giga Mobo with a HD3200 onboard gfx card.

My sound is connected to my amp via SPDIF.

I just need to know how to setup reclock to for 23.976 (24p) HD movies for both silky smooth video and audio

Thank you :)

Sorry I thought you guys were experts :D

Anyone got any tips?

Much appreciated :agree:

Fwiw, I have a similar setup. I use EVR and VMR9 as my renderers and I use MPC-HC and jRiver's Media Center 12/13 as my players.

I have SPDIFFer pass-thru to my reciever and all of my sources are x264-encoded Standard Def, usually 23.976 MKV w/AC3 or DTS audio. I have Reclock in "Auto" mode and it chooses "Cinema" mode, which is 24fps media speed.

I have my LG 37 set to 24Hz and my video card set accordingly. THe monitor and card work fine together, so I guess the EDID "tables" are in order. On my monitor, I have a "PC" mode, which disables all processing on the digital inputs and my connection is HDMI.

I have Reclock set for:

SPDIF: WaveOut
Accept SPDIF formats checked
Force Reclock to Load checked

H/W detection D3D
Monitor detection: Automatic

This setup seems to work great with VMR, EVR and sometimes Haali Renderer, if my source is 29.97fps. I can't get HR to work reliably with 24Hz.

HTH.

Thank you guys for your help. Will try when I get in this evening.

Please can you advise what 'HR' is?

Also why would I need to change by hz to 47,952 re that link to powerstrip, if my LCD is capable at 24hz? The picture is fantastic, its just the lip-sync is out.

Thank you again :)

Last edited:
Haali Renderer.

FWIW, I don't use pstrip.

Okay thank you. It seems to show the icon by the clock for me. I do not allow reclock to use it's own renders for audio otherwise I do not get DD/DTS passthrough. I use FFDShow.

Would this cause issues, or do you use FFDSHow aswell?

I only use FFdshow for video decoding of 720p material or below. I use CoreCodec for my 1080p material. I have SPDIFFER set up for AC3/DTS pass-thru.

Bad idea. ;)

:rock:

Yeah, I know you guys keep saying that, but I'm finding that if I don't use Reclock, I get the judders. :bang:

I've tried not using reclock with EVR, HR and the VMRs and it just isn't smooth for any length of time.

When I put Reclock in the mix, everything synchs up, smooths up and is rock solid for the duration. I do note that there are occasional audio "drops" on the status display but I don't ever hear them.

What would explain this, I admit to really having no clue into why this works so well on my setup?

:rock:

Yeah, I know you guys keep saying that, but I'm finding that if I don't use Reclock, I get the judders. :bang:

I've tried not using reclock with EVR, HR and the VMRs and it just isn't smooth for any length of time.

When I put Reclock in the mix, everything synchs up, smooths up and is rock solid for the duration. I do note that there are occasional audio "drops" on the status display but I don't ever hear them.

What would explain this, I admit to really having no clue into why this works so well on my setup?
To avoid the drops, don't use SPDIF. Let ReClock encode to AC3 if you must use SPDIF output.

Why's that?

What settings would you recommend for my setup?

Keep the default settings. Use analogue output or HDMI output. If you want to use SPDIF connection, let ReClock re-encode to AC3.

Keep the default settings. Use analogue output or HDMI output. If you want to use SPDIF connection, let ReClock re-encode to AC3.

But will Reclock output DD/DTS this way to the amp. Only way I could get this working was through Audio FFDShow. I would be most grateful if you could list the audio settings parameters to tick etc :)

To avoid the drops, don't use SPDIF. Let ReClock encode to AC3 if you must use SPDIF output.

All my sources are AC3 (or DTS). So are you saying, have them decoded by, say FFDshow, then re-encoded to AC3 by Reclock? I'm not sure I'm following.

All my sources are AC3 (or DTS). So are you saying, have them decoded by, say FFDshow, then re-encoded to AC3 by Reclock?
That's exactly what I am suggesting. Or use analogue or HDMI outputs.
Otherwise ReClock cannot change the audio.

That's exactly what I am suggesting. Or use analogue or HDMI outputs.
Otherwise ReClock cannot change the audio.

Okay, I have three types of audio output available (SpDif, analog and HDMI). I'll try some experiments and report back.

EDIT:

Holy Cow!
Do I feel stupid. Just tried it with HDMI to the Monitor. Dead on.

Last edited:
Okay, I have three types of audio output available (SpDif, analog and HDMI). I'll try some experiments and report back.

EDIT:

Holy Cow!
Do I feel stupid. Just tried it with HDMI to the Monitor. Dead on.

Does FFDShow still open by the clock for the audio filter with Accept SPDIF turned off. Mine does not output DD/DTS without selecting this on

James appreciate your help, but I cannot get DD/DTS out of Reclock without ticking the SPDIF (not recommended) option. i have tried Waveout/Direct out etc etc it only outputs stereo

Any idea what I am doing wrong? But it seems with the options I have ticked audio is sync'ed Green clock and after 15 mins 16 drops.

Is the aim to not get any drops? I cannot seem to hear them though

Back