• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New to DVD Mobile

rpearlberg

I just purchased this the other day along with AnyDVD and CloneCD.

I used AnyDVD Ripper to rip the disc to my hard drive. Then I use DVD Mobile to convert it to an ipod touch format. What is the easiest way to do this process? Also, the one I did last night seemed to have audio sync issues, the sound was just a little off....

Thanks

No need to rip

Take a look at my tutorial on the slysoft.com homepage for using CloneDVD mobile with AnyDVD.

Try using "2 pass" to increase the processing time to allow for the variations within the stream. That may help.

Otherwise you can open a support ticket: http://www.slysoft.com/en/contact.html

Thanks. I'll have to try it tonight when I get home. I'm new to this, so I'm not sure I'm doing it right, or what the best, easiest way to do this is. I basically just want to convert the DVD to ipod touch format, or maybe burn a few dvd's....

Also, is it normal for it to take about 3 hours to convert using DVD Mobile?

I would say no, even my old single core Celeron machine does not take that long.

That depends...

Also, is it normal for it to take about 3 hours to convert using DVD Mobile?

That is NOT normal BUT there are some factors that directly affect the processing of a DVD, be it to a blank or an output file for export.

If the DVD is "borderline" it may take Windows a long time to get the data off it and this has nothing to do with playing it. If you notice the DVD drive is doing a lot of "thrashing" that indicates a lot of retries.

Also, if you select three-pass that will also add considerable time to the processing.

If this is happening on all your DVDs your run through CloneDVD mobile I suspect you have a DVD drive that needs a cleaning disc or is nearing end of life.

Using ANYDVD to rip the disc to my hard drive, it took about 20-25 minutes. Using DVDMobile to then convert it from my hard drive took about 3 hours, so it wasn't coming directly from the DVD....
What am I doing wrong here?

Still, it depends....

Using ANYDVD to rip the disc to my hard drive, it took about 20-25 minutes. Using DVDMobile to then convert it from my hard drive took about 3 hours, so it wasn't coming directly from the DVD....
What am I doing wrong here?

If this is happening on all your DVDs then it's your environment.

Tips
1. Try just one pass encoding as a test - it reduces processing time significantly and you won't notice the difference on a mobile device.
2. Don't deinterlace video for film-based dvd's.
3. Use the smallest resolution necessary for a reasonable picture on your device - you won't see a quality difference on most of them.

and what exactly do you have for a processor, RAM, etc.?

Check your IDE interface settings just for fun and see if DMA is enabled.
That can make a big difference.

There are documented cases of upgrading the hardware stuff shortened the processing time from hours to minutes. 8)

That would be wonderful...I don't know what some of that stuff means, but I'll take a look tonight when I get home....

That would be wonderful...I don't know what some of that stuff means, but I'll take a look tonight when I get home....

OK, that's fine. Take a look at the tutorial for using CloneDVD mobile. It's on the homepage slysoft.com and there you'll see how I address some settings - use the full screen option to view that.

"DMA" is a setting for throughput to the drives on the IDE interface

To enable DMA mode using the Device Manager

1. Open Device Manager.

2. Double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers to display the list of controllers and channels.

3. Right-click the icon for the channel to which the device is connected, select Properties, and then click the Advanced Settings tab.

4. In the Current Transfer Mode drop-down box, select DMA if Available if the current setting is "PIO Only."

If the drop-down box already shows "DMA if Available" but the current transfer mode is PIO, then the user must toggle the settings. That is:
• Change the selection from "DMA if available" to PIO only, and click OK.
• Then repeat the steps above to change the selection to DMA if Available.

OK, that's fine. Take a look at the tutorial for using CloneDVD mobile. It's on the homepage slysoft.com and there you'll see how I address some settings - use the full screen option to view that.

"DMA" is a setting for throughput to the drives on the IDE interface

To enable DMA mode using the Device Manager

1. Open Device Manager.

2. Double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers to display the list of controllers and channels.

3. Right-click the icon for the channel to which the device is connected, select Properties, and then click the Advanced Settings tab.

4. In the Current Transfer Mode drop-down box, select DMA if Available if the current setting is "PIO Only."

If the drop-down box already shows "DMA if Available" but the current transfer mode is PIO, then the user must toggle the settings. That is:
• Change the selection from "DMA if available" to PIO only, and click OK.
• Then repeat the steps above to change the selection to DMA if Available.

So they should all say "DMA if available"?

No. Not all. Only the one or ones (if got more than 1) which is connected to your burner and your hardrive.
This will be quite easy to figure out as there will be picture on the left of the connected device to determine which one is which.

This is the system I'm working with...
Intel Pentium M 1.73GHz, 1.49GB RAM

When I go to Device Manager, it looks like it is set for DMA if Available...
Current Transfer mode is : ULTRA DMA mode 5
Doesn't look like there is an option to change it...

What else should I do?

I just watched the tutorial..thanks!
So when I tried this last night, I only did one pass and it still took almost three hours. I might try a different disc tonight and see if its any faster.

If I want to remove it from my computer and try on a different one, how can I do that without risking it showing I'm trying to use it on 2 machines?

My understanding is that you can install it on two machines as long as you only use it on one or the other, not both at the same time. It's a generous EULA as long as it's not abused.

Oh ok...So I can install on another machine with the same license? I won't use both at the same time, I just want to see how it perfroms on a different computer.

Yeah that's the way I understand it. If I'm wrong I'm violating the EULA myself, I have it on a desktop and my laptop. I never use them at the same time however.

Back