New to DVD copying.

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Mugz, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Mugz

Mugz New Member

Im new in the arena of DVD backup. I recently lost 35 of my DVD's to a burglar. So I went out bought a dual layer burner for my computer and learned that I know absolutely nothing about making backups of my DVD's.

I dont understand the whole - this + that and all the standards that are accociated with backuping my purchased DVD's.

Ive looked at a lot of diffrent software progams but I am seriously thinking about by slysoft's anyDVD to backup my remaing collection.

Can someone give me a breakdown what kind of Blank DVD's to purchase?

And I would like to copy them to a 1:1 ratio

Thanks in advance

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Then Clonecd is the easiest solution with Anydvd:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

The answer is Verbatim + R DL (double layer).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  3. resnick

resnick Active Member

The help on slysoft products is fairly straight forward. On media, you really can't go wrong if you stick with "Name" brand stuff. I've had good luck with Sony and Fuji. You'll really enjoy this software.:agree:

4. customshopkv1

customshopkv1 Well-Known Member

If you want your movies to last longer then a year or so then use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim for Single Layer and Verbatim +R Dual Layer

5. fivestones

fivestones Well-Known Member

Hi Mugz , I am new to all this also and i looked at some of the things but AnyDVd and CloneDVD is the best i have seen. I like the help here at the Forum and the the way they Fix any thing that needs to be updated. Life time updates and get it http://www.slysoft.com/en/ all at one time with the coupon and save your self some money also. Try the 21 day trial see if you like it.:clap:

6. lmc

lmc Well-Known Member

Verbatim

I use verbatim and a spindle is $12.95 for a 50 pack spindle at Best Buy this week! 11 March 2007 Sunday - lmc;)

7. fivestones

fivestones Well-Known Member

Thanks lmc,I just got me 2 packs to day.:clap: