• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

new to DVD Burning

When i do go to my computer and right click on the K: drive and hit eject, it does not eject?????

You're selecting "eject" from the right-click menu? Something's weird then.
What other drives are listed? Regardless, your burner only works with +R media (that can be written to at 4x).

The next step is what Burner to chose.

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=767

Do i need a dual Layer?

You need double layer (+R DL) support and bitsetting support for it.

Can you burn HD DVD's yet?

Not really

Would I need a special burner if i wanted to burn HD DVD's?

Yes. A very expensive one . . .

Last edited:
You're selecting "eject" from the right-click menu? Something's weird then.
What other drives are listed? Regardless, your burner only works with +R media (that can be written to at 4x).

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=767

You need double layer (+R DL) support and bitsetting support for it.

Drives E: or F:...the only one that will eject using the right click, eject is the E:

So i dont need dual layer? I'm just buring movies.

Drives E: or F:...the only one that will eject using the right click, eject is the E:

Is "E:" your burner? If so, you've been selecting the wrong destination drive in Clonedvd.

So i dont need dual layer? I'm just buring movies.

-R DL = dual layer
+R DL = double layer

Many people don't know the difference between the terms and use "dual layer" for both +R DL and -R DL. But now you know better.

And I believe you should buy a burner that allows you to burn +R DL and supports bitsetting.
You should avoid using -R DL blank media and use Verbatim +R DL instead for dvd movie backups.

I would avoid anything made by Matshita (Panasonic OEM drives).

Last edited:
E: is my regular cd rom drive

Could you recomend a DL burner for me that will burn cd's and dvd's. I dont want to spend a fortune, but i want something that will be good and reliable.

E: is my regular cd rom drive

If you can't get your burner to eject, by right-clicking on the drive letter and selecting "eject" then something is the matter.

Could you recomend a DL burner for me that will burn cd's and dvd's. I dont want to spend a fortune, but i want something that will be good and reliable.

I am really hesitant to recommend anything.

That said, if you need an inexpensive IDE burner right now, I would take a long look at this one:

http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Pioneer-DVR-112-DVD-Burner-Review

The problem with that burner is that, according to the review, bitsetting isn't supported for "+R" media, but it is supported for "+R DL" media.

Last edited:
Alright i got a LITEON dvd burner Installed (pretty easy by the way). Now when i got to my computer and hit eject on drive K it actually ejects. So i guess that is a start.

But when i go to burn the disk with clonedvd i am still getting the same message of insert recordable media? Is it the disks?

But when i go to burn the disk with clonedvd i am still getting the same message of insert recordable media? Is it the disks?

The Maxell stuff that is found in most general stores can be pretty bad (unless you bought Maxell Plus or Maxell Broadcast Quality), so the answer to your question is "could very well be". Imation can be horrible too. Try Taiyo Yuden Premium or Verbatim.

That said, take a good hard long look at step 16 and 17 from here

What's the model of your Lite-on burner?

Last edited:
Liteon lh16w1p

I fallow step 16 and 17, i am burning at 4x just to be safe. It will "create the dvd files" when i hit go. But when i hit "write" is when i get the message.

Right on, i Downloaded the new firmare, and it is workin like a champ.

You have been great help, i really appreciate everyone being patient with my amateur questions.

Thanks Again!!

Back