• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New to Clone BD

thedatman

Well I may have bought and installed this years ago. I'm a long time Anydvd user.

When I started buying UHD discs years back I figured out how to back them up using Makemkv. Worked well enough. Now with a Sony 77A80J TV I finally get DV. The MKV files won't do DV looking for other alternatives I ripped to folder using Anydvd. Seemed to work until Cinavia. I learned I can use CloneBD programs is working great I don't remember why I didn't stick with it years back.

Any thoughts on using the compression? I for one don't mind a larger file if there is the slight chance it will be noticeable.

This is more complicated that you assume. UHDs backed up with DV to MKV by Makemkv can only be played with DV by some players including NVIDIA Shield and Zidoo 9x. I have an Oppo clone M9702 and there is a successor M9201 that can play everything besides MKVs with DV. I rip everything to ISO but the player can also play folders, MP4, MKV (only HDR but not DV). And of course DV from all of the folders and ISOs. You have to pick the route you want to go. Left (MKV with DV) or right ( ISO and folders with DV).

I also have a Shield. Back when I bought the first Shield I thought my Oppo 105D had a better picture, so I never looked back. Now I have the new Shield so it may be worth a try to see if it plays DV from my MKV files. I was getting read to rip everything to folders. I tried ISO files with my Oppo 203 but it seems to only play folders.

You could "rework" the MKV files extracting the DV and HDR10+ metadata (if available) and recode (maybe remuxing works too) the video plus metadata to a new MKV
But your TV must support that kind of DV profile also...

Well guys I'm not seeing how to patch the Oppo 203. Did read about a hacked firmware and I'm not that interested in that. It doesn't look like the star wars movies have it So far Jason Bourne has it and ripping to folders will flag it in the Oppo. I can not find a list of UHD movies with cinavia.

I want to re-rip all movies without cinavia because both DV and the Atmos/TrueHD is displayed correctly. In a MKV there is no DV and Atmos/TrueHD is multichannel audio.

I am trying to process JB to a mp4 container using Clone BD now I see the test Clone BD watermark. I likely never bought it. So will this work? I like how the program works and looks. Will the mp4 file give me DV correct display of the audio and not trigger cinavia? If so is money well spent.

OT

This is more complicated that you assume. UHDs backed up with DV to MKV by Makemkv can only be played with DV by some players including NVIDIA Shield and Zidoo 9x. I have an Oppo clone M9702 and there is a successor M9201 that can play everything besides MKVs with DV. I rip everything to ISO but the player can also play folders, MP4, MKV (only HDR but not DV). And of course DV from all of the folders and ISOs. You have to pick the route you want to go. Left (MKV with DV) or right ( ISO and folders with DV).
if you have an mkv with DV single track then you can use TsMuxer to create an m2ts, which the M9702 then plays with this single track DV

If you already have the MKV from makemkv, the method I described above is completely done with freeware
The result in mediainfo looks like this (Hobbs&Shaw)
Code:
HDR format                               : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible
I'm not sure how the DV looks, as I have a Samsung TV, but from what I've read, your TV should display it fine.
I'm also not sure about the Audio, as I always downconvert to AC3, but this could be remuxed .
If it triggers Cinavia, you would have to test yourself.

Last edited:
The processed clone BD is not going to work. Although DV works the audio isn't displayed correctly as is Dolby movies. Also I like having English subtitles but I am not able to turn them off with the clone BD mp4 backup (with watermark) so no need to buy something if it doesn't give me what I want.

I am re-ripping everything to folders I wish I knew what movies have civavia so I don't waste my time. Looks like I have to rip and test.

Of course you can't keep the sound like that, which is not due to CloneBD but to the mp4 container itself, mp4 is simply the wrong format for that

buy a media player (a few have already been mentioned here) and all your worries are gone

If you limit your options don't complain that your options are limited.

Of course you can't keep the sound like that, which is not due to CloneBD but to the mp4 container itself, mp4 is simply the wrong format for that

buy a media player (a few have already been mentioned here) and all your worries are gone
My bad I'm just trying things. Sorry I don't know my way around this stuff I've been out of the game for awhile.

I have a Shield pro (new) it plays the folders but the audio is not displaying properly and no DV, as is with Makemkv.

I'm good with re-ripping to folders. I get what I want and the handful of cinivia movies can stay in mkv or I'll watch the disc.

What is the best way to rip? A bunch so far I just load the disc and let clone BD rip to folder. On my copy of Empire strikes back clone BD errored out. So I ripped to iso using anydvd then clone BD. This time it completed but with errors. I'm watching it now so far it good.

As expected the rip hangs around 1:33
I had issues when I bought these discs. I finally got them to backup using Makemkv. As far as I know the original plays fine.

Last edited:
The fact that the NVIDEA Shield does not play the sound correctly with you is probably due to the settings and DV probably on the video player app, as far as I remember you have to use a special video player for DV single-track films. But I've been out of Android Player for a while.
If the disc plays without errors, it doesn't mean that it isn't error-free, because BD player drives are more error-tolerant than those in the PC

The fact that the NVIDEA Shield does not play the sound correctly with you is probably due to the settings and DV probably on the video player app, as far as I remember you have to use a special video player for DV single-track films. But I've been out of Android Player for a while.
If the disc plays without errors, it doesn't mean that it isn't error-free, because BD player drives are more error-tolerant than those in the PC
I reached out to the folks on the AVS forum see if I can get some ideas.

Good news the empire strikes back ripped. Although the disc has only been handled by me and only to make the backups and looked clean. I cleaned it in soap and water and it worked this time.

The rest I'll rip and see if it has Cinavia on it. I'm guessing all the Bourne discs will.

Back