• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New Protection

GreyyFoxx_53

There seems to be a new form of protection on some new DVD's that AnyDvd can't break...is Slysoft working on it?

new protections

Here are some of the titles i have not been able to burn

Open Season
Saw 3

comes up "error has occurred, cannot read D:\" when i use Full Disk option... and when i use re-author i get audio TS and Video TS folders not the normal folders

I have ripped saw 3 and I did not have any problem... Cya Slick

Open Season

My copy of Open Season would not "clone dvd", but I was able to "copy dvd titles". This doesn't give you the trailers, and special features, but it will give you the movie. It is probably one of the 'special' features that is on the dvd.

Problem with Saw3

I also had trouble with Saw3. With AnyDVD running, DVD Shrink would not analyze the disk and DVD Decrypter stopped after approximately 10%. Perhaps trouble with VTS_07.vob file?

Had The Same Problem With Saw3. Kept Locking In A Loop And Could Not Make A Backup Of It. Finally Used Clone Dvd2 And Selected Only The Movie Discarding All The False Media On The Disc. I Always Copy To My Hard Drive To Save On Media Disc's. Than I Use Nero 6 Recode 2 To Backup The Movie. Reason For This Is All Dvd Players Will Not Play Movies Made With 1 Click Dvd Copy Or 1 Click Dvd Copy Pro. This Has Worked Out Just Fine For Me. There Are Times When You Have To Try Different Things. Be Willing To Experiment.

I copied this title with various backup programs, but until the recent update I wasn't able to use clonedvd2.

Saw 3 is what I'm referring too.

Saw 3

Occasionally I had problems copying some movies that was until I Tuned up my PC I got rid of all the problems in the registry and loose bits of data floting around especially in the temp folders (This does interfere with accurate data processing) for the novice user I suggest purchasing an inexpensive program from SummitSoft Corporation called System Tech XP for around $30 US www.SummitsoftCorp.com It can clean up your PC and excellerate online browsing and is very user friendly.

I also had burning problems which added to freezing and repeating scenes. To alleviate these poblems I bought a new external drive (Sony DRX820U +/-16X Dual Layer) Around $100 which solved all my problems

Iv'e had tis drive for 6 months and it has performed flawlessly the only problems in burning is the occasional bad media which cannot be anticipated.

I was so impressed with the Sony drive I do not use either IDEE drives I bought for my PC The Sony is so much faster via the USB

I also had trouble with Saw3. With AnyDVD running, DVD Shrink would not analyze the disk and DVD Decrypter stopped after approximately 10%. Perhaps trouble with VTS_07.vob file?

using anydvd & clonedvd2 movie only is what worked for me

Here are some of the titles i have not been able to burn

Open Season
Saw 3

comes up "error has occurred, cannot read D:\" when i use Full Disk option... and when i use re-author i get audio TS and Video TS folders not the normal folders

I also cannot back-up SAW III. When I try to use DVD shrink I get an error message"cannot read D:\"

Thanx Brickman.....tried your idea on Open Season.....worked great....also....another suggestion ...when I burn with Clone DVD2...after the first copy is done....I insert another one....and you can make another copy without going thru the whole process again....just click the "write" button again.

movies

I have recieved updates for anydvd, but I still can't , burn saw3, and crank. I also use shrink first but nothing happens, c:doh: an anyone:confused: help me.

AnyDVD has not quite yet caught up to SAW3 , which uses a new protection scheme that seems to be designed to thwart some older rippers.

Give them a few days to look it over and fix it.

-W

Saw 3 R1 with Anydvd 6.1.1.4 + Clonedvd2 = no problem

Saw 3 R1 with Anydvd 6.1.1.4 + Clonecd = no problem

Saw 3 R1 with Anydvd 6.1.1.4 + Nero Recode = no problem

Saw 3 R1 with Anydvd 6.1.1.4 + Shrink = problem (to the best of my knowledge)

Saw 3 R1 with Anydvd 6.1.1.4 + Clonedvd2 = no problem

Saw 3 R1 with Anydvd 6.1.1.4 + Clonecd = no problem

Saw 3 R1 with Anydvd 6.1.1.4 + Nero Recode = no problem

Saw 3 R1 with Anydvd 6.1.1.4 + Shrink = problem (to the best of my knowledge)

Correct.... SAW3 added a NEW PROTECTION designed to thwart the rippers. So far AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 only caught it up to the newer rippers. It is still *copy protected* on the older rippers.

-W

Not to get into a debate of semantics but yes, AnyDVD has caught up to the new protection. If AnyDVD does its job with the newer rippers then it has caught up to Saw III. It's great that Slysoft works to make AnyDVD work as flawlessly as possible with program other than CloneCD and CloneDVD but if older programs fail I, personally, don't see that as a fault of AnyDVD.

Anyway, just my personal opinion.

Note: The reason I even posted this was because once you hear a program X still hasn't updated to handle protection Y the entire issue can be completely misunderstood by people who only hear/read that one statement.

Last edited:
Back