• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

new protection

here is the log file

Something strange is going on, but I don't think it is the protection.

From the status window:
Video DVD (or CD) label: RAWHIDE_S2_DISC1
Media is CSS protected!

From the log file:
debug: title 1 range 285-291 291-295 295-301 key none
debug: title 2 range 301-375 375-2271632 2271632-2271706 key none
debug: title 3 range 2271706-2271715 2271715-2288848 2288848-2288857 key none

Huh? Where have the CSS keys gone? No wonder you get an "encryption error".

I suspect some nasty driver to interfere. Can you try to get rid of drvmcdb.sys? Sonic Solutions is completely incapable of writing reliable kernel mode drivers, they like to mess up everything.
If you are indeed "infected" by the Alphadisc protection, try to get rid of it first.

EDIT: Are you absolutely certain the log corresponds to the status window? With this log the message "Media is CSS protected!" would not have appeared in the status window at all.

debug: layer 1 rewrite free

indicates there is *no* CSS detected on the disc.

Last edited:
i do not know what happened James. i just tried to play the original . now it plays just fine. it does say it is ccs protected. something about enabling logging cleared something up apparently. i very much appreciate your attention. i think you do a great job. it just appeared that since it was memory resident that maybe that had triggered something to block copying?
logging is off when i just loaded it by the way. thanks again. if i run into anything else i will holler. this is the first thing i have had happen.

i do not know what happened James. i just tried to play the original . now it plays just fine. it does say it is ccs protected. something about enabling logging cleared something up apparently. i very much appreciate your attention. i think you do a great job. it just appeared that since it was memory resident that maybe that had triggered something to block copying?
logging is off when i just loaded it by the way. thanks again. if i run into anything else i will holler. this is the first thing i have had happen.

IF you have Sonic DLA or Drag to disc installed, please make sure AnyDVD is running *before* you insert any medium into your drive. Do not boot up the machine with a disc in the drive. Make sure AnyDVD runs after bootup. Make sure the fox is red before inserting a disc.

Back