• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New protection or can't handle CSS?

While it may be true that Norton sucks (it's not that important right now), it has kept me safe so far...

Staying on topic, having run through the routine (uninstall, reboot, install, reboot), I can sadly report that the problem persists...

I know I'm a pain in the rear with this, but let's try to solve it :agree:

I know some cases where enabling the ccs- key archive helped. Don't know why, but worth a try.

Thanks sheep.

I did just that, but to no avail :( I have a feeling that we are rapidly running out of options here...:confused:

EDIT:
It seems that any disc I try to to throw at AnyDVD it refuses to decrypt, let alone tell me the complete information about it. Some input from a Slysoft employee would be really useful right about now...

Last edited:
What happens if you do this?

1. Ensure the CSS key archive is disabled in Anydvd.
No, disabling the key archive (which, btw, is a "good thing(tm)") will not help with this message. The key archive is even a "very good thing(tm)" on region code mismatched discs.
This message appears if AnyDVD is not running, or files were open during decryption, or AnyDVD doesn't see the encryption (but the status window says, that it does), that the disc is encrypted...
Usually caused by a driver conflict or DLA running. Or by people trying to be smart, who do not let AnyDVD run all the time like it is intended to work.

Thanks sheep.

I did just that, but to no avail :( I have a feeling that we are rapidly running out of options here...:confused:

EDIT:
It seems that any disc I try to to throw at AnyDVD it refuses to decrypt, let alone tell me the complete information about it. Some input from a Slysoft employee would be really useful right about now...

It is very simple: AnyDVD is not working at all, so CloneDVD sees the original files on the disc and aborts. There is a driver conflict on your machine, or you started AnyDVD after CloneDVD, or you started AnyDVD with the disc in the drive (bad idea, if DLA is installed on your machine).

@ ivanX,

You failed to confirm that you don’t have Packet Writing software programs.

The following are examples of Packet Writing software programs –> Sonic DLA, Nero InCD, NTI FileCD, Roxio DirectCD/Drag-To-Disc, CE Quadrant Just!Burn, Sony abCD, InstantWrite, Backup4all, B's Clip, NeoClip, InstantBurn. This is not an extensive complete list, there are numerous others. If you have any Packet Writing Software Programs installed strongly suggest to completely removing them from your computer.
ivanX said:
.....while it may be true that Norton sucks (it's not that important right now).....
There IS a possibility that Norton Internet Security 2004 could be preventing the AnyDVD software program from operating and function correctly. For trouble shooting purposes suggest totally deactivating Norton Internet Security 2004 form running in the background. If you are not connected to the Internet or a Network deactivating Norton Internet Security 2004 will not put your computer in any danger.

I posting #13 Forum Member Webslinger requested that you curtailed all background Multi Tasking but in seeing that you failed to disable Norton Internet Security 2004 you did not curtailed ALL background Multi Tasking.

Possibly some background Multi Tasking operation is being loaded that you are unaware of that could be interfering with the correct and proper functioning of the AnyDVD software program. To ensure that ALL background Multi Tasking operations are in fact curtailed check that ALL unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only absolutely necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Suggest when visiting the below referenced Web Link to also check out Paul "PacMan" Collins' huge "Startup Applications" list (http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php)

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Regards,
Coaster

No, disabling the key archive (which, btw, is a "good thing(tm)") will not help with this message. The key archive is even a "very good thing(tm)" on region code mismatched discs.
This message appears if AnyDVD is not running, or files were open during decryption, or AnyDVD doesn't see the encryption (but the status window says, that it does), that the disc is encrypted...
Usually caused by a driver conflict or DLA running. Or by people trying to be smart, who do not let AnyDVD run all the time like it is intended to work.

O.k., I thought there might be an issue if the CSS key was wrong in the archive from previous attempts, but I guess that doesn't apply here.

Last edited:

I would have thought if you did have packet writing software installed, it would have shown up in your filters (and your filters don't indicate you have packet writing software installed). But Coaster and James' questions still stand: do you have packet writing software installed?

Anyway, I would recommend updating to Anydvd 6.1.7.0 and Clonedvd 2.9.1.2 to see if that helps.

It is very simple: AnyDVD is not working at all, so CloneDVD sees the original files on the disc and aborts. There is a driver conflict on your machine, or you started AnyDVD after CloneDVD, or you started AnyDVD with the disc in the drive (bad idea, if DLA is installed on your machine).

How can I resolve this driver conflict (if that's what it is)?

AnyDVD is set to autostart when I boot so there is no way it could have started before CloneDVD...

What's DLA? I always make sure AnyDVD is running first and then insert the disc...

@ ivanX,

You failed to confirm that you don’t have Packet Writing software programs.

The following are examples of Packet Writing software programs –> Sonic DLA, Nero InCD, NTI FileCD, Roxio DirectCD/Drag-To-Disc, CE Quadrant Just!Burn, Sony abCD, InstantWrite, Backup4all, B's Clip, NeoClip, InstantBurn. This is not an extensive complete list, there are numerous others. If you have any Packet Writing Software Programs installed strongly suggest to completely removing them from your computer.
There IS a possibility that Norton Internet Security 2004 could be preventing the AnyDVD software program from operating and function correctly. For trouble shooting purposes suggest totally deactivating Norton Internet Security 2004 form running in the background. If you are not connected to the Internet or a Network deactivating Norton Internet Security 2004 will not put your computer in any danger.

I posting #13 Forum Member Webslinger requested that you curtailed all background Multi Tasking but in seeing that you failed to disable Norton Internet Security 2004 you did not curtailed ALL background Multi Tasking.

Possibly some background Multi Tasking operation is being loaded that you are unaware of that could be interfering with the correct and proper functioning of the AnyDVD software program. To ensure that ALL background Multi Tasking operations are in fact curtailed check that ALL unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only absolutely necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Suggest when visiting the below referenced Web Link to also check out Paul "PacMan" Collins' huge "Startup Applications" list (http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php)

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Regards,
Coaster

I do not have any Packet Writing sotware installed and/or running. I have had NIS 2004 for 2 years now, which is almost as long as I've had AnyDVD. There never was a conflict between those 2. James suggested that this is a driver issue and I am eager to explore the solution in that direction :)

I do not have any Packet Writing sotware installed and/or running. I have had NIS 2004 for 2 years now, which is almost as long as I've had AnyDVD. There never was a conflict between those 2. James suggested that this is a driver issue and I am eager to explore the solution in that direction :)

1. Update to Anydvd 6.1.7.0 and Clonedvd 2.9.1.2 to see if that helps

2. Do what Coaster says and disable the Norton stuff briefly to see if that helps.

3. As for drivers, check your ide busmaster drivers. Follow these steps:
visit http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1455402&postcount=3

Thank you Webslinger.

Just updated to AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 and and CloneDVD2 2.9.1.2 and that did the job! It's working again!

Thank you very much for everybody's help and, of course, to James and Slysoft for providing awesome products and support! :bowdown:

EDIT:
Just out of curiosity, why has updating to 6.1.7.0 helped while reinstalling 6.1.6.9 did not? Didn't see anything in the changelog that would be related to the problem I was experiencing...

Last edited:
Thank you Webslinger.

Just updated to AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 and and CloneDVD2 2.9.1.2 and that did the job! It's working again!

Thank you very much for everybody's help and, of course, to James and Slysoft for providing awesome products and support! :bowdown:

EDIT:
Just out of curiosity, why has updating to 6.1.7.0 helped while reinstalling 6.1.6.9 did not? Didn't see anything in the changelog that would be related to the problem I was experiencing...

So James, would you be kind enough to please explain to a reasonable degree why updating to a new version helped to solve while the reinstall didn't? It's just for the satisfying-my-curiosity sake...:p

Thanks and sorry to bother you :D

So James, would you be kind enough to please explain to a reasonable degree why updating to a new version helped to solve while the reinstall didn't? It's just for the satisfying-my-curiosity sake...:p

Thanks and sorry to bother you :D

Maybe the moon was shining while you installed, our software likes moonlight a lot... :D

In other words: Sorry, I really don't know.

Back