New PowerDVD Patch

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by bingobill, May 16, 2007.

1. colinhunt

colinhunt Well-Known Member

2. colinhunt

colinhunt Well-Known Member

Yes! I noticed it, too. I thought my mind is playing tricks, but apparently it's really happening. Nice work, Cyberlink... not!

3. SuperGoof

SuperGoof Well-Known Member

"We all make mistakes" ((c) LOST)

I wouldn't criticize Cyberlink too much. The current situation is that PowerDVD is the only program in the world which allows you to watch unencrypted HD content produced by AnyDVD with all the features it has. If Cyberlink takes an offence, it might dive in to AACS LA pressure and pull this functionality from PowerDVD. What we will have to do then?

BTW, the same reasoning applies to Slysoft too.

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Yes, this works. But hardware deinterlacing doesn't work anymore with NVidia 7xxxx cards, so I reverted back to the older version.

5. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Thanks BingoBill. This works great on my 8500GT. Superman menus work now!
    Jaggies are gone with Hardware Acceleration enabled. BD's plays.

Awesome!

- Rich

6. roog

roog Well-Known Member

It happened to me too! Luckily, I haven't lost anything under Windows that I use, so I don't care too much.

Isn't Cyberlink wonderful!

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  7. SuperGoof

SuperGoof Well-Known Member

This shows the list of programs which are in Start Menu by default:

http://www.winsupersite.com/images/showcase/winvista_rtm_homepre_04.jpg

You will have to find programs yourself though.

I'm going to do the same when I have some time.

8. bingobill

bingobill Well-Known Member

Can some please tell me what the A B C D buttons for HD DVD are supposed to do? I notice James keeps saying they are missing from PDVD.

9. roog

roog Well-Known Member

Open PowerDVD Ultra, then right click and select 'Configuration', then click on 'Help', then click on the '+' to expand the 'Introduction' section, then click on the '+' to expand the 'The PowerDVD Program' section, and then click on 'HD DVD Hotkeys and Funcions'.

BTW, if I'm right, no one said that they required the 'Alt' key.

cheers,

roog

P.S. - Under PDVDU 2911, I tried the keys straight out. 'A' magnifies, 'B' sets a bookmark (but bookmarks are greyed out on the configuration menu), and 'C' and 'D' seem to have no effect. 'Alt' plus 'B', 'C', and 'D' work as advertised, but I haven't yet found a title where 'Alt' plus 'A' can be tested.

10. bingobill

Thanks roog

So are you saying James is wrong and they are actually working? I suposed the features must be on the HD DVD to be able to use them anyway.

I only have Batman Begins so can't really test. Anyway I have now programed the keys into my imon remote as 1 2 3 4.

11. James

No, these are not the keys everyone is looking for. The missing are the keys A,B,C & D on the HD DVD remote control. They are required for interactivity features, or scene bokmarking.
    If I remember correctly, PowerDVD 7.1 had them on ALT+CTRL A, ALT+CTRL B, ALT+CTRL C & ALT+CTRL D
    Since PowerDVD 7.3 the keys stopped working. :(

12. roog

roog Well-Known Member

No, I was just saying what I've been able to do.

I just updated my previous post with the following:

P.S. - Under PDVDU 2911, I tried the keys straight out. 'A' magnifies, 'B' sets a bookmark (but bookmarks are greyed out on the configuration menu), and 'C' and 'D' seem to have no effect. 'Alt' plus 'B', 'C', and 'D' work as advertised, but I haven't yet found a title where 'Alt' plus 'A' can be tested.

Also, I was using Batman Begins to test.

13. bingobill

I must agree with you a straight A or B does work as you say on Batman Begins, I was able to zoom and bookmark and then view those bookmarks from the interactive menu.

EDIT: This from the HD-A1 manual

Use these buttons as indicated by the video display during HD DVD disc playback.
    Depending on the disc contents, the functions of each button may differ.

14. roog

roog Well-Known Member

I didn't understand that the A, B, C, and D keys referred to a Toshiba remote. I didn't go the HD DVD player route, nor the Blu-ray one either, so I can't really relate to them.

Personally, I've given up on using a remote with a PC since I purchased a Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000. It comes with a mouse, but you don't need it because the mouse functions are built into the keyboard. It's very lightweight and it fits very comfortably in both hands. I find it easier to use than a computer remote control and because it's bluetooth it works just as far away as a remote.

15. bingobill

I have an SBC keyboard with mouse functions which is very good and I use when something needs to be configured but the imon remote is excellent as an everyday DVD remote, it's so configureable, you can add commands very easily for any programme as long as that programme has keyboard shortcuts.

16. roog

roog Well-Known Member

I tried the remote route first and I looked at the imon before I bought the MWED 7000. The reason I prefer the MWED 7000 is I don't lose any functionality. Performing a string search for a movie across a network with multiple computers is atrocious using a remote. The MWED 7000 is also unbeatable for using my HDTV+PC from 15 feet away in my easy chair.

17. jp2

jp2 Member

I think he was referring to u-control. They seem to work with my keyboard at least on kingkong. Just hitting the "A" toggles u-control on and off. "B" adds a bookmark to the current scene. etc. I still have not applied the latest patch. I have a 7900gs card and i would like to leave well enough alone for now!
    jp

18. James

Wow, I have give 2911 another try. If the "Remote buttons" would work --- great!

19. overmind

overmind Beta Tester

i still cant get the 2911 full edition to work on vista 64. I think Cyberlink tweaked something so it doesnt install on vista 64 anymore :(

Oh well, I won't be using PowerDVD to play my HD content anymore. Nero does a decent job of playing ripped blu-ray /hd-dvd so I'll just use them from now on....too much of a hassle with PDVD:disagree:

20. bingobill