• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New PowerDVD Patch coming on 11/16

yep, to enable hdd playback in powerdvd would require hacking into the program itself. probably not something slysoft will be doing

Yea, and how's that patch that Cyberlink promised for the 16th coming along? ROFLMAO.

I believe they rescheduled the patch to be posted right after everyone receives their refund checks for PowerDVD -- the checks are in the mail, they promise...

Yea, and how's that patch that Cyberlink promised for the 16th coming along? ROFLMAO.

I believe they rescheduled the patch to be posted right after everyone receives their refund checks for PowerDVD -- the checks are in the mail, they promise...

ROFL! I so wish everyone the best of luck on the refunds. I sincerely hope they reconsider this nonsense of removing functionality and restore it. Not gonna happen, I think, but, it'd be nice.

Unless HDD playback is fixed I'm sticking with an older version. I won't even try this until someone else does

Hard Drive playback is not fixed. Tested. Same Crap. Disc tray open or something like that.

Also verified you can no longer play individual mt2s or evo files. Only VOB for SD.

Speak with the power of your wallet. Don't buy it. Ask for a refund. Reverse the charge on your credit card. I can think of 2 words for C*Lnk.... and they begin with F & Y.

Last edited:
I'll stick it on my laptop to test it at some point tomorrow.

Edit: Well, never mind then. :D

Bah what's the point then. They've already made the choice of screwing over their customers for outside interests. Obviously we can see who they sided with after all and it isn't us.

If you really want to screw them, call your credit card companies directly and demand a refund- that will hurt them more.

Yes I've tried the new version/patch

It is a waste of money. Can play SD movies from HDD, and SD media files.

But not HD-DVD titles on HDD or HD media files such as EVO's

I'll go the refund.

But isn't it odd.......If the principle is (in someones mind) that you shouldn't be able to play back HD-DVD/Blu-ray material from a HDD, then surely it is an equally sound principle that playback of DVD/SD material from HDD should be verboten??

Last edited:
I guess we wil just have to see what they do with the 11/16 patch. The kind of stunt they pulled with the stealth feature removal is the kind of move that can put a small company like theirs out of business.

On the other hand if the removal of the "play from folder" feature was not on their own initiative, but a response to the requirments from the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray license holders, then we are probably SOL...

QUOTE]

what was the "stealth feature removal stunt" pleases. I can't find any other reference to, or description of it .
PS I'm late to this thread, reading the cyberlink threads now because of a separate argument that I'm having with them about their revoking of my powerdvd 7 key which I've had for a year ( & which they have suddenly decided I've used one time too many! )

A lot of people using PowerDVD Ultra 7 are using an OEM version that was bundled with hardware. Thus they have no specific rights to a refund without returning the hardware that came with it. PowerDVD is probably the most widely distributed software product for use with HD optical media. Which means Cyberlink is distributing quite a few licenses as the defacto product and I really don’t think they care one wit if retail sales drops off by a few percentages due to these draconian restrictions.

I mean restricting playback from the HDD isn’t even a protection scheme,…realy,….it’s just a reactionary move. A move that I think Cyberlink had little choice in and a move that other such software products will likely have to make.

I remember when the first HD hardware and software started hitting the market. There was one software player that allowed screen capture for pix and actually got into hands of consumers. Naturally the updated version omitted this feature and a forced upgrade was only a matter of time. I remember thinking then,….“these people are idiots“ but I also though that they wouldn’t stop at anything,…

Still, I don’t think they will be successful in their endeavors,….not truly,…..

The music industry understands that they have a huge gapping hole in their DRM initiative which is audio CDs. In a way the movie industry faces the same with respect to standard DVDs but they also know that they can force DVDs out of the market by restricting content to them in much the same way as they did with HD DVD.

Back