• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New PowerDVD Patch coming on 11/16

Ya.. I agree that a Slysoft Player could get some legs. They outta pattern it's functionality after Theater-Tek.

As for the mistake... no problem. But before you blast a nOOb for not reading... you gotta be sure you actually read it correctly first. :D

-W

Ya.. I agree that a Slysoft Player could get some legs. They outta pattern it's functionality after Theater-Tek.

As for the mistake... no problem. But before you blast a nOOb for not reading... you gotta be sure you actually read it correctly first. :D

-W

Theater Tek is widely regarded as the best of the DVD players out there. I've not used it myself but I've read very good things about it.

Noob, eh? I don't think I ever accused you of being that! :)

I've used it and it is the best SD-DVD Software out there. Bar none.

If they are not going to develop it for HD - Slysoft outta contact them and buy the code for further development for HD. Or hire away the lead programmer with more dough.

-W

Oh well. I don't imagine that patch due tomorrow will re-instate the capability to play HD content. Perhaps the new patch will disable something else who knows.

This step will certainly turn me off Cyberlink/PowerDVD, a product I have used for many years.

So it seems that if I legitimately film with my vidcam and/or author it via Scenarist to HD VC-1 or H.264, or indeed upscale some video to H.264 via MainConcept, then PowerDVD will prevent me from viewing it.

So I'm out looking at alternate players and will actively discourage others to buy PDVD Ultra given the approach they take to their customers.

I'm already not too concerned. As long as Slysoft keeps up with this and continues to remove the DRM shackles from our media, we're good to go. Take this latest nonsense with PowerDVD Ultra, for example. While it's a pain, there's nothing stopping you from making an ISO image, mounting it in Daemon Tools, and having at it.
To ease you pain, AnyDVD will create .iso files of HD media soon.

That is a nice evolution;) What software would you recommend to mount the ISOs?

F

At the moment, Daemon Tools 3.47. Probably a new version of Virtual CloneDrive, which should be ready at the same time as ISO writing of AnyDVD.

At the moment, Daemon Tools 3.47. Probably a new version of Virtual CloneDrive, which should be ready at the same time as ISO writing of AnyDVD.

Ah, even better. What a wonderful morning. :D

If a patch was released it's not on their web site.

The iso-solution would be very nice in AnyDVDHD...could someone add a nice little shell, so that you could simply double-klick on a *.iso-file , get it automatically mounted and get powerDVD started ?

Anyhow, I would love to pay you guys 100$ if you would come up with a nice HD-DVD/Blu-Ray-Player for Non-AACS-Content optimized for a mediaserver (so re-clock included, noo stutter over the network) and software-high-quality decoding.

The iso-solution would be very nice in AnyDVDHD...could someone add a nice little shell, so that you could simply double-klick on a *.iso-file , get it automatically mounted and get powerDVD started ?

Anyhow, I would love to pay you guys 100$ if you would come up with a nice HD-DVD/Blu-Ray-Player for Non-AACS-Content optimized for a mediaserver (so re-clock included, noo stutter over the network) and software-high-quality decoding.

Add me to that list- 100$ easy.

Out of interest, why only DT 3.47? In the DT world, that's a few revisions back, so is there any reason not to use V4, or DT V4 Pro?

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with Anydvd HD, but I would love if the Anydvd rip for regular commercial dvd-videos would produce the original layer break info for those .ifos, so I finally tell people to ditch Decrypter. Just a suggestion . . .

it's not the best solution that anydvdhd will make isos in the future, but it is a solution..

i have MANY hd-dvd and blu-rays on my harddisk and i don't want to convert them all in iso format..

regards

it's not the best solution that anydvdhd will make isos in the future, but it is a solution..

i have MANY hd-dvd and blu-rays on my harddisk and i don't want to convert them all in iso format..

regards

Then you need to email Cyberlink and tell them that. There's not much Slysoft can do about a product not under their control, unfortunately.

Back