• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New PowerDVD 8 Update to build 1730

now boys no pissing contests please:D

hey credit is all his im just glad i dont need to powerdvds on my system that was really pissing my off especially with MY Movies
now if we could just get that movielive crap and remix stuff off of it i would be fine

Copy the HDDVD_X.IMP file to your PowerDVD8 folder
Copy js32.dll and deskband32.dll files to your PowerDVD8 folder

Where are these files coming from? From the current version of PDVD7 or are they the files we've been using all along when the patch first came out?

HDMI audio in Power DVD 8 ultra

I am running my computer through it's HDMI out to a new receiver and I cannot find the HDMI audio option. Everything is working great with the My Movies software and Any DVD Hd, but the dropdown in the audio configuration for power DVD shows only S/PDIF and the speaker options with no HDMI option. Am I not accessing it from the correct place?

Where are these files coming from? From the current version of PDVD7 or are they the files we've been using all along when the patch first came out?

I grabbed them from PowerDVD 7 folder. No idea if the ones from the PowerDVD 8 beta will work or not. The ONLY file I pulled from the beta was the IMP file. The rest I pulled from my copied PowerDVD 7 folder. (I copied it off before I uninstalled it and just copied the files as needed from there)

I grabbed them from PowerDVD 7 folder. No idea if the ones from the PowerDVD 8 beta will work or not. The ONLY file I pulled from the beta was the IMP file. The rest I pulled from my copied PowerDVD 7 folder. (I copied it off before I uninstalled it and just copied the files as needed from there)
hi samuri,do you know if i already have the hack installed will upgrading to the latest build get rid of the hack or will it keep playing?

hi samuri,do you know if i already have the hack installed will upgrading to the latest build get rid of the hack or will it keep playing?

No idea. I didn't do any edge case testing. I just wanted to see if I could get it to work. I recommend keeping a folder with all the files in it so that you can easily reapply them if necessary. At the minimum I suspect you'll need to re-edit the CLDShowX.ini file after an update. And possibly re-register the HDDVDNav.ax file, as well. Just a guess.

Also, I've been told this doesn't work on Vista x64. I don't have x64 installed so I have no way of working on that problem.

hi

its possible to make powerdvd 8 ultra hd dvd playback without installed powerddv7?

why?

when installed booth versions and i insert an blu ray or hd dvd it opening booth powerdvd. that sucks

thx

That was the point of what I posted, yes. :) You need some files from PowerDVD 7 build 4102 to make it work, but, after you get the file 4102 can be uninstalled.

Can anyone answer this? Is there an HDMI audio drop down in the Power DVD 8 Ultra. I cannot find it.

Can anyone answer this? Is there an HDMI audio drop down in the Power DVD 8 Ultra. I cannot find it.

Yes, I have that. If your system configure properly then I believed PDVD8 will pick that up and will let you able to use it. If not, I see some users doesn't have that as an option.

That's right, PowerDVD will only present you with the HDMI option if you have an HDMI device in your sound devices. With some HDMI devices, they will only appear in the Windows sound playback devices if and when they're connected to the actual receivers/TVs.

That's right, PowerDVD will only present you with the HDMI option if you have an HDMI device in your sound devices. With some HDMI devices, they will only appear in the Windows sound playback devices if and when they're connected to the actual receivers/TVs.

Yup, based on the AVS's thread it seems to me some has that and some don't in PDVD.

On Vista x64 this dosent work.

Putting the HDDVD_X.IMP inside the PowerDVD8 folder causes powerdvd 8 to not start at all. Once deleting the HDDVD_X.IMP file PowerDVD 8 will start again.

Also deskband32.dll dosent exsist, but deskband64.dll does. I tried with the deskband64.dll file instead.

Anyone got a solution for this? I need this to work since PowerDVD 7.3 4102 Ultra gives me no audio. PowerDVD 8 works fine.

Using ATI 4850 connected with dongle hdmi to Onkyo 805 receiver. Onboard sound disabled. I can choose HDMI in PowerDVD 7.3, but still no sound.

Putting the HDDVD_X.IMP inside the PowerDVD8 folder causes powerdvd 8 to not start at all. Once deleting the HDDVD_X.IMP file PowerDVD 8 will start again.

Also deskband32.dll dosent exsist, but deskband64.dll does. I tried with the deskband64.dll file instead.

Anyone got a solution for this? I need this to work since PowerDVD 7.3 4102 Ultra gives me no audio. PowerDVD 8 works fine.

Using ATI 4850 connected with dongle hdmi to Onkyo 805 receiver. Onboard sound disabled. I can choose HDMI in PowerDVD 7.3, but still no sound.

I presented this in another thread that deals with this. Please IM and I will send you a link to my webserver. So you know, I had purchased a ATI 4850 visitontek card. HDMI does not get added per the install at all. It installs the latest provided microsoft drivers. It took me quite a few days to figure out, you need to add the realtek ati hdmi 1.7 driver set. Once it is installed, and you have rebooted you should see your hdmi device. VisionTEK swares that all that is needed is the drivers microsoft provides, I disagree very much.

I presented this in another thread that deals with this. Please IM and I will send you a link to my webserver. So you know, I had purchased a ATI 4850 visitontek card. HDMI does not get added per the install at all. It installs the latest provided microsoft drivers. It took me quite a few days to figure out, you need to add the realtek ati hdmi 1.7 driver set. Once it is installed, and you have rebooted you should see your hdmi device. VisionTEK swares that all that is needed is the drivers microsoft provides, I disagree very much.

Im allready using realtek 1.97 hdmi driver. Everything works perfectly in windows and powerdvd 8. I can send PCM over hdmi and everything. Blu-ray works well.

My only problem is that powerdvd 7.3 ultra dosent give me any audio. And I need it for playing HD-DVDs. I can even choose hdmi in 7.3 but no audio.

Thats why playing hd-dvds in powerdvd 8 might be my solution. But since im on vista x64 i cant get that to work.

This happens when your version of HDDVD_X.IMP is the wrong one. You need the one from the PDVD 8 beta, the file from PDVD 7.3 will not work.

Back