• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New PowerDVD 8 Update to build 1730

Yea, I paid 65 bucks total for all 9 movies. I can't complain. Cheaper than the regular dvd versions.

Wow for $7 bucks it is a good deal. Not to side track, what if HD-DVD drops to this level, do you think they will out of business? The point is as you said "cheaper than DVD" and I think they will win big time, right? probably DVD will be out of business too. But of course I assume it will be below their cost to make them, but do u think volume can make up? I guess that is a million dollar question.

Huh? No, not exactly. He's not using PDVD7 for HD DVD. He's using PDVD8. PDVD8 is simply using the navfilter stuff from 7. Currently, both need to be installed, but, you don't actually use 7. I'm going to work on solving that problem at some point.
bit confused (not for the first time),i used the hack (rar zip) with pdvd8,uninstalled pdvd7,works great with only pdvd8:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed.
I finally broke down and did it on Saturday. Since reinstalling windows, I only had powerdvd 8 installed on my Vista Home (32bit) HTPC. But I wanted to watch Casablanca on HDDVD (can't believe I'm 40+ and have never seen that). So I followed SamuraiHL's instructions - I uninsalled pdvd8, rebooted, installed 7.3, upgraded to the latest 7.3. Installed pdvd8 (the original, not the update), then got HD working on pdvd8 per the original instructions (using the beta files). Then I updated to the latest pdvd8 (1730b), and then all I had to do was comment out that one line as per SamuraHL/James.

It worked perfectly. Though I tried watching the extras when I was done with the movie, and I had no sound. I haven't looked into that.
does this mean the latest pdvd update dosent feck up the hd-dvd hack once the hack is already installed in pdvd8?:clap:

I think you mentioned in one of the thread that how much you bought them for. But in my local big electronic chain store, they have in on sale for $9/each and quite a bit of selection too.
play.com.euro 6.99 delivered,sweet

does this mean the latest pdvd update dosent feck up the hd-dvd hack once the hack is already installed in pdvd8?:clap:
That's my understanding (and also my results). If you have hddvd working in pdvd8 right now, you can update to 1730b and just comment out that one line that James first mentioned in the beginning of this thread.

That's my understanding (and also my results). If you have hddvd working in pdvd8 right now, you can update to 1730b and just comment out that one line that James first mentioned in the beginning of this thread.
we might be useing 2 different versions of the hack here,1.james hack with pdvd7 files and 2.the on line hack which dosent.you dont have to comment out the line in version 2.might cause confusion.

we might be useing 2 different versions of the hack here,1.james hack with pdvd7 files and 2.the on line hack which dosent.you dont have to comment out the line in version 2.might cause confusion.
I only saw the info posted in the first few pages of this thread.
What is this "online version" you are referring to?

I am only aware of 1 hddvd hack. It requires the files from the pdvd 8 beta. Right?

I am only aware of 1 hddvd hack. It requires the files from the pdvd 8 beta. Right?

Count me in too. I thought there is only 1 hack that require PDVD7 installed since AVS reloaded HDDVD hack not going to work for latest PDVD B patch.

It'll be a while. As I said in another thread on this issue...what needs to be done is identifying the files needed and the registry entries needed to get it to work. Then you can drop the files in the 8 directory, register them, and then add the registry entries. Then it'll work.

Get to work, SamuriHL! ;) While you are at it, find a way to shut MoovieLive up, too. I do not want to use it and I can't get it to leave me alone! :(

You work on movie live. :) The HD DVD thing is doable. Movie Live...not so sure.

go to afterdawn.com/powerdvd8ultra/hd-dvd.rar file zip and extract to pdvd8 and vola hd-dvd playback without version 7:rock:

go to afterdawn.com/powerdvd8ultra/hd-dvd.rar file zip and extract to pdvd8 and vola hd-dvd playback without version 7:rock:

If that's the "old" PowerDVD 8 fix for HD-DVD, it doesn't work with the last 2 builds of PowerDVD 8. For those, at least for now, you'll need PowerDVD 7.3 installed alongside 8.

Limitations:
- Does not support Intel G33/G35 during Blu-ray Disc playback.

I've not tried the upgrade yet as I have a G33 based Shuttle - any luck or is the above still "true"

Thanks
Nathan

That's the hddvd hack. You can find the same info here in the hddvd/powerdvd8 thread.
And if you want it to work with 1730b, then follow the instructions that we've been talking about (the one's posted by James and SamuriHL in the first pages of this thread).

I've not tried the upgrade yet as I have a G33 based Shuttle - any luck or is the above still "true"

Thanks
Nathan
The hddvd hack works just fine. You just have to comment out that one line, as posted earlier in this thread. And you have to have powerdvd 7.3 installed.

Perhaps the problem is that some of you never had powerdvd 7.3. Is that it? So you'd now have to buy it? :confused:

The hddvd hack works just fine. You just have to comment out that one line, as posted earlier in this thread. And you have to have powerdvd 7.3 installed.

Perhaps the problem is that some of you never had powerdvd 7.3. Is that it? So you'd now have to buy it? :confused:

Maybe - I personnally currently have installed a full retail copy of 8 (purchased when it first came out) and applied the HD-DVD hack. I don't have 7.3 installed but do have an OEM 7.x disc that came with the drive I may be able to use. Currently it all works fine.

My real question is regarding the comment on the first page (and later in the thread) that Build 1730 does not work on Intel based G33/G35 Chipsets and before I stuff around I was after feedback if any G33/G35 user had it working at all!

THanks
Nathan

HD-DVD did not work for me even with the hack on a G35. I put in a Radeon 3450 and it works fine now. Bluray though did work on the G35. I don't know about the G33.

Yawn. That was easy.

Install PowerDVD8, upgrade to latest patch.
Copy the HDDVD_X.IMP file to your PowerDVD8 folder
Copy js32.dll and deskband32.dll files to your PowerDVD8 folder
Edit the CLDShowX.ini file to comment out the HD DVD nav line
Copy the following files from 4102's navFilter folder:
CLHDSPDecoder.dll
hddvd_logo.png
HDDVDAdvNav.dll
HDDVDNav.ax
HDDVDNavi.dll

regsvr32 HDDVDNav.ax

Bob's your uncle, Betty's your aunt, and you have HD DVD playback in PowerDVD8 without having PowerDVD7 installed. At least, it's working for me. If it doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Yawn. That was easy.

Install PowerDVD8, upgrade to latest patch.
Copy the HDDVD_X.IMP file to your PowerDVD8 folder
Copy js32.dll and deskband32.dll files to your PowerDVD8 folder
Edit the CLDShowX.ini file to comment out the HD DVD nav line
Copy the following files from 4102's navFilter folder:
CLHDSPDecoder.dll
hddvd_logo.png
HDDVDAdvNav.dll
HDDVDNav.ax
HDDVDNavi.dll

regsvr32 HDDVDNav.ax

Bob's your uncle, Betty's your aunt, and you have HD DVD playback in PowerDVD8 without having PowerDVD7 installed. At least, it's working for me. If it doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

i kid you not i just got this to work 2 days ago doing the exact same thing but it sounds better coming from you:D

i kid you not i just got this to work 2 days ago doing the exact same thing but it sounds better coming from you:D

And you didn't post it....WHY? :D I said I was gonna look into it when I got to my vacation and so I did. Took a whole 20 minutes of tinkering to figure this one out. I'm rather glad as I think it's a waste to have 2 versions on the machine.

Back