• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New patch PowerDVD Ultra build 3104a.1 released today

Yeah, um, I'm in the same boat as far as that. I upgraded from 6 to 7 Deluxe and now 7 Ultra. So to install the software I have to install an old copy I archived of PowerDVD 6 then upgrade to an old archived PowerDVD 7 Deluxe and then run the 7 Ultra upgrade which uninstalls the 7 Deluxe version and then installs the 7 Ultra version. It's idiotic, indeed. Thankfully I'm a packrat so I actually had the old installers.

I've actually contemplated attempting to deal with customer service and trying to work out a way to get the full install. I think the headache involved will just drive me to an early death, though. I've used PowerDVD since like version 3. If/when TheaterTek adds BR/HD support [and I can actually have an HD drive] I'll have no need for PowerDVD but I got it just in case.
You need to get hold of the 7.3 Build 2911 installer. It's a full install so you don't need to go back to 6

I was playing around with powerdvd last night and I figured out that the SPDIF option isn't disabled with the new patch. You just can't switch from SPDIF to analog during playback or vice versa. All you have to do is stop the movie and set the sound output to SPDIF or just set it before you start watching a movie.

I'm running Vista Business 32bit on my laptop with a realtek soundcard and it gives me the spdif options.

The films that corrupt for me seem to be ones that use mpe4 4 avc, The Rock, and Seven years in Tibet are 2 of them, but if I roll back to 2911 they work fine

I tried Seven Years in Tibet in Bluray on version 3104a of PDVD and everything works fine for me. No green screen. I'm using Vista Premium 32bit, Nvidia 8600gts driver 162.22. Not sure why you've having the problem.

Hmm..

I am going to upgrade from my perfectly usable 2911..NOT!

Unfortunately 2911 has a serious bug with HD DVD playback causing PowerDVD to crash with decrypted european Warner DVDs. Later versions 3104 and 3120 (or whatever it is called) fix this.

Later versions 3104 and 3120 (or whatever it is called) fix this.

The UI is to be version 3120 when you view the detailed info. The DVD Version is 7.3.3104a.1 which I assume they may base off of the DShow version which is 3104(EVR).

I've always wondered why CyberLink insists on such a convoluted version numbering method. A simple look at the About window doesn't show you the actual version. I shouldn't have to know that I need to click on the name of where it says who the program is registered to and then see a hidden window appear that then tells much more info including the actual version including the build.

The UI is to be version 3120 when you view the detailed info. The DVD Version is 7.3.3104a.1 which I assume they may base off of the DShow version which is 3104(EVR).

I've always wondered why CyberLink insists on such a convoluted version numbering method. A simple look at the About window doesn't show you the actual version. I shouldn't have to know that I need to click on the name of where it says who the program is registered to and then see a hidden window appear that then tells much more info including the actual version including the build.
With 3120 I meant the "newer" 3104 released this month with the new desktop icon design. I believe I once had an "older" 3104 with a lower UI number.

With 3120 I meant the "newer" 3104 released this month with the new desktop icon design. I believe I once had an "older" 3104 with a lower UI number.

Yeah, the previous update was 7.3.3104 and the latest release is 7.3.3104a.1. Anyway, it doesn't really matter in the end. The newest version should help some people, hopefully. :)

Yeah, the previous update was 7.3.3104 and the latest release is 7.3.3104a.1. Anyway, it doesn't really matter in the end. The newest version should help some people, hopefully. :)

Unfortunately it still doesn't play subtitles on the new Studio Canal HD DVDs... :mad:

Agreed! I upgraded to the latest and could not get the VRM9 to work, only in overlay and since my HDTV is my second monitor, it refuses to play there in overlay mode. Had to roll back to my original version that gives me the two monitor option and plays in VRM9 automatically. Someone's asleep at the helm over at cyberlink.

Also, I didn't have the SPIDF issue most are having but not to get my HDTV to play is beyond maddening! :mad:

Hmm..

I am going to upgrade from my perfectly usable 2911..NOT!

I just upgraded to this version because my ripped copies of the Prestige and Deja Vu blurays would not play properly in power dvd 7 and it still didnt fix the problem after upgrading. The video is very corrupted with different colors of pixels everywhere. The movies use Mpeg4-avc and VC-1. I tried updating my 7900gto drivers to the latest version and it doesnt do any good. The weird thing is i tried it on Vista x64 and it played just fine. Im using XP Pro SP2 x64 on the other drive that im having probs with. I also done a fresh install on another partition on the drive and get the same problems. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

I just upgraded to this version because my ripped copies of the Prestige and Deja Vu blurays would not play properly in power dvd 7 and it still didnt fix the problem after upgrading. The video is very corrupted with different colors of pixels everywhere. The movies use Mpeg4-avc and VC-1. I tried updating my 7900gto drivers to the latest version and it doesnt do any good. The weird thing is i tried it on Vista x64 and it played just fine. Im using XP Pro SP2 x64 on the other drive that im having probs with. I also done a fresh install on another partition on the drive and get the same problems. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Did you try build 2911? I found that any blu-ray I have that uses mpeg4 avc works with 2911, but if I update to 3104 it messes up exactly like yours

for me using PowerDVD v7.3101a (or whatever they call it)
XP + ATI2400 + POTC works perfectly
Vista + Nvidia7600 + POTC green and corrupt

So the common element to our problem is the Nvidia graphics cards
It's your graphics card drivers at fault.
I'm just trying the latest Beta drivers to see if they fix it.

Yep
Nvidia Beta drivers v163.11 for Vista have fixed the problem ..... but the screen is unstable
Forceware 101.17 ......... can't find any nvidia hardware
Forceware 162.22 ................ unstable

Better go out and buy a ATI2600

Last edited:

I can also confirm that.

On my "old" Sony laptop with Nvidia 7600 GT card the latest PowerDVD does not work properly in Vista. It works fine in XP on the same computer. On my new Sony laptop with Nvidia 8600 GT card it works fine in Vista (I do not have XP on the new laptop).

for me using PowerDVD v7.3101a (or whatever they call it)
XP + ATI2400 + POTC works perfectly

So the common element to our problem is the Nvidia graphics cards
It's your graphics card drivers at fault.
I'm just trying the latest Beta drivers to see if they fix it.

Yep
Nvidia Beta drivers v163.11 for Vista have fixed the problem ..... but the screen is unstable
Forceware 101.17 ......... can't find any nvidia hardware
Forceware 162.22 ................ unstable

Better go out and buy a ATI2600

I have the same problem with the green corruption, using a 7900 with Vista, works fine with 2911, but gets corruption on mpeg4 avc discs in 3104. Surely if it works fine playing the m2ts file on it's own and works fine with 2911 it's Powerdvd's fault that it no longer works in 3104, I can't change my drivers as it's a laptop and there are no newer drivers

Please,

i want to know if the new path 3104a.1 let powerdvd use EVR in vista when you play HDDVD/bluray????:confused:

The old version 2911 use overlay in vista when it play HDDVD/bluray!!!!!!

Just out of curiosity...
How's Theater Tek keeping up in the brave new workd of HD and Blu-Ray??
Or did Power DVD get the jump on them??

-W

Just out of curiosity...
How's Theater Tek keeping up in the brave new workd of HD and Blu-Ray??
Or did Power DVD get the jump on them??

-W

Theater Tek hasn't. There is no current support for HD/BD. A very very quick look at the Theater Tek forums netted the following quote: "...that HD support will come when it makes sense from a cost and maturity/stability perspective." I'm not registered so I couldn't actually do a forum search for more info on the topic but the quote is from a posting that was made today.

Back