• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher

Big apology I have now found the 3.10 file sorry about that.

I will test tonight, if your drive is an friendly drive by dos flasher 3.02 do you need to restore factory 3.03 with dos write so that drive is back to factory condition before you flash with 3.10?

God no, please don't. :) Just flash the MK 3.10 firmware bin and you will be good to go. Good luck!!

God no, please don't. :) Just flash the MK 3.10 firmware bin and you will be good to go. Good luck!!
So just go be 100% sure I flashed my friends drive last week using dos flash to 3.02.

So what you are telling me I can flash 3.10 straight over this version. Sorry for mishap not finding 3.10 1st time. Will buy glasses

So just go be 100% sure I flashed my friends drive last week using dos flash to 3.02.

So what you are telling me I can flash 3.10 straight over this version. Sorry for mishap not finding 3.10 1st time. Will buy glasses

Yes just flash with the patched ASUS windows flasher straight over what's on there now. No need to screw around with dosflash again. That will get you squared away on the latest and greatest with Mike's magic "extensions" to the firmware. :D

And no worries, just glad you found it. I was confused when you said it wasn't there. You should be good to go.

Yes just flash with the patched ASUS windows flasher straight over what's on there now. No need to screw around with dosflash again. That will get you squared away on the latest and greatest with Mike's magic "extensions" to the firmware. :D

And no worries, just glad you found it. I was confused when you said it wasn't there. You should be good to go.
R U guys talking about an alternative firmware for the LG I am using?

Thank you first of all for your patience and secondly for your kindness:thankyou:

R U guys talking about an alternative firmware for the LG I am using?

Remind me what drive/firmware you're using. This new "MK" firmware is basically the latest firmware for each drive (the ones that became non-UHD friendly because they patched that out of the firmware) that's been patched by MikeCH from MakeMKV to restore the functionality. In the case of some drives that restores UHD friendliness, as well, allowing us to use the latest firmware and retain UHD friendliness. In the case of the ASUS drive, the latest firmware fixes bugs so a bunch of us have switched to using it. You can, of course, cross flash other drives to that firmware if you wish depending on your drive.

Remind me what drive/firmware you're using. This new "MK" firmware is basically the latest firmware for each drive (the ones that became non-UHD friendly because they patched that out of the firmware) that's been patched by MikeCH from MakeMKV to restore the functionality. In the case of some drives that restores UHD friendliness, as well, allowing us to use the latest firmware and retain UHD friendliness. In the case of the ASUS drive, the latest firmware fixes bugs so a bunch of us have switched to using it. You can, of course, cross flash other drives to that firmware if you wish depending on your drive.
"DE_LG_WH14NS40_1.02_NS50.bin" is what I am using now [downgraded from v1.03]

Ok I am about to try and update the firmware on BW-16D1HT with UHD friendly software in it done by dos flash. I have 2 firmware flashers by mike. I do not know which one to use so I have uploaded both so maybe you can tell me?

Attachments

• ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer_(Modified).zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Ok I am about to try and update the firmware on BW-16D1HT with UHD friendly software in it done by dos flash. I have 2 firmware flashers by mike. I do not know which one to use so I have uploaded both so maybe you can tell me?

They're the same. (And those are by Marty for the record :D). One just includes downgrade enabled firmware and the other is JUST the patched flasher. You only need the flasher.

Ok update, I have just updated with mikes firmware flasher. MakeMKV works, AnyDVDHD works, DeUHD works and DVDfab Works. Many thank to SamuriHL and the forum.

Regards

Attachments

• Pic1.JPG
    Pic1.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Pic2.JPG
    Pic2.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Pic4.JPG
    Pic4.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 20
They're the same. (And those are by Marty for the record :D). One just includes downgrade enabled firmware and the other is JUST the patched flasher. You only need the flasher.

Which version of firmware should you now use for BC-12D2HT the factory version is 3.01 and normally the dosflash is 3.00. Is therte a new version out. I did see in the pack ASUS-BC-12D2HT-3.01-WM00900-211711151926?

Very Very Impressive

Which version of firmware should you now use for BC-12D2HT the factory version is 3.01 and normally the dosflash is 3.00. Is therte a new version out. I did see in the pack ASUS-BC-12D2HT-3.01-WM00900-211711151926?

Very Very Impressive

Not a drive I'm familiar with but 3.00 is probably good for that drive. If it's already on 3.01 and you're looking to make it work as a friendly, you can try flashing the 3.01 from Mike's MK pack and see if it works. But if it's already on 3.00 leave it there IMO.

I have made a couple of updates to the ASUS Flasher.

1. (FIX) I found out a few days ago that the application was previously unable to flash BU40N drives. It works fine now.

2. (UPDATE) The application doesn't like really long firmware file names (such as the one's from Mike @ MakeMKV), so it edits the name displayed in "FW Selected:" (The application will show the MakeMKV firmwares with "MK" at the end).

See first post for the updated files.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Ok Update, I done all my drives and tested 5 different models. Yes they all work with MakeMKV and have micromode enable. Then I tried the LG-BS16NS55 with MakeMKV with mike's 1.03 MakeMKV worked fine, Dehud did not, AnyDVD did not & DVDfab did not. So I am doing disassemble the two versions to compare and also see why deUHD does not work. Great work with MakeMKV but other programs are left behind. Dos version works with all programs but does not do mircocode in to memory.

So what I have done is left one of drive on 3.10 especially for enhanced support with Microcode / Micromode for the best support when using MakeMKV. My other three drives I have left my on Polish software dos method. I have found some faults in this method after making new assembly file and list file which is block 1E8000 - 1E84FF IS OK / 1E9000 - 1EBFFF is wrong, it should be 1E9000 - 1EC056 1F0000 - 1FFFFF & 1EC01B should be 1 byte change for firmware version name display i.e 33, 2E, 30, 31 is output 3.01 and 31, 2E, 30, 32 would be 1.02 etc it is important not to overwrite 1EEC000 - 1EC057 as this is unique to the drive. I have noticed on some clean versions of software that this filled.

I believe mike is on a level on his own and all the other software programs are a few steps behind mike. But bear in mind we still need programs like AnyDVDHD which can rip a Blu-ray disc to an ISO for you own personal backup and also protect your investments. But I believe twenty years from now you will be able just to mount your ISO in Google or other type cloud storage and watch your movie. I believe they will have the ability to let you stream your own ISO's straight to your TV.

Thanks Mike for a super enhanced version of MakeMKV firmware 3.10

For the ns55 you really do not need to be screwing around with dosflash. Just get the 1.02 DE version of the firmware and flash it with the same windows flasher. Done.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

For the ns55 you really do not need to be screwing around with dosflash. Just get the 1.02 DE version of the firmware and flash it with the same windows flasher. Done.

I did use both version of firmware which all work brilliant with MakeMKV.

See MK versions attached. But this software is not compatible with DeUHD, AnyDVDHD or DVDfab.

So has I said brilliant improvement for MAKEMKV but not for the other third party softwares. Buy I understand this it is business. Mike's interest and time are invested in developing MakeMKV work better and be compatible with more drives and I support this and will be making a donation now in my appreciation of what he has done.

Well Done Mike

Which isn't entirely true. The mk 3.10 firmware is fully uhd friendly and works just fine with anydvd. The ns55 firmware may not but it has nothing to do with business decisions and simply what is possible with the firmware. As I said if you want uhd friendly for ns55 use the downgrade enabled version instead.

Back