• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher

Thanks.

Since I use them just for reading rather than burning the updated media compatibility is irrelevant. I've definitely not been disappointed in the speeds when using to read discs. I guess I'll just continue to hold off until I find a real reason to update.

You won't find one. If it works, then there's never a need to touch it. I upgraded mine to 3.02 before they re-released 3.02 to remove the UHD friendliness and have left it alone since. I dumped the firmware just to have in case I ever need it. Other than that, I just use it.

I'm really sorry to be repetitive, I'm looking at the zip and I'm not 100% sure which is the right one for the ASUS BC-12D2HT:

DE_ASUS_BC-12D2HT_3.00.bin
DE_ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.01.bin
or
DE_ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.02.bin?

Thanks and sorry again.

I'm really sorry to be repetitive, I'm looking at the zip and I'm not 100% sure which is the right one for the ASUS BC-12D2HT:

DE_ASUS_BC-12D2HT_3.00.bin
DE_ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.01.bin
or
DE_ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.02.bin?

Thanks and sorry again.

I'd suggest if your drive comes with BC-12D2HT 3.01, try the BC-12D2HT 3.00 first. If that doesn't work then the BW-16D1HT 3.02.

1. I have a LG WH16NS40 w/Firmware v1.03.
2. Use the LG firmware "DE_LG_WH16NS40_1.02_NS50.bin" from "(Modified) ASUS ODD FW Changer + UHD Friendly Firmwares.zip"?
3. Use "ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer_(Modified).exe" and I'm done?

Successfully downgraded in 30 seconds my asus drive from 3.01 to 3.00 and works perfectly fine with my UHD discs.

Thank very much for the software and advices!

20190222_165735.jpg

Last edited:
I already have a LG BH16NS55 and I had problems (freezes during playback) with some UHD discs like Pacific Rim and BR 2049. I wasn't sure if the discs were the problem or the drive. With my panasonic stand alone player they work fine.

With the Asus they play fine too. How is this possible if the Asus drive is just a LG with the logo changed?

Anyway I'm very happy. It works better than the LG in my case.

The hardware may be the same, but, the firmware is most definitely not. There have been reported cases where some discs wouldn't rip with the ASUS firmware but would with LG's and usually more in the reverse where the LG firmware had issues but the ASUS firmware works. Quite frankly, my ASUS drive with 3.02 on it has read every UHD I've thrown at it without issue.

But what version are you using?

Official 3.02?

Or the DE_ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.02.bin from the zip?

I guess not the official because mine came with 3.01 and it didn't work with UHD discs.

I have a BW-16D1HT that I got in December 2017 that came with 3.00. I upgraded it at the time to 3.02 before they went all UHD unfriendly on us. So I never had to downgrade that drive at all. With 3.02 I've never had an issue ripping a UHD.

Ok, may be I should stick with the Asus 3.00 version and see if I find issues, do you agree?

In the future if I want to try, can I flash that LG FW 3.02 to my Asus? And go back again to Asus 3.00 if want to?

Thank you very very much

There is no LG 3.02. LG firmware is in the 1.0x range. I don't know what the equivalent LG firmware is for your ASUS drive. But yes, cross flashing should be fine if you find the correct version. I would personally leave it where it is. Once it's working, there's zero reason to mess with it.

Then the million dollar question is if I can improve my LG BH16NS55 cross-flashing to other model ...

I can only recommend make the LG BH16NS55 an ASUS. I have two drives and one was left to be a LG and one was flashed to ASUS. Some UHD discs didn't load at all in the LG but in the ASUS. In the meantime I converted both to ASUS.

Back