• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher

You need to slow down and explain what you want to do. Don't switch into panic mode. You are completely confusing things.

????????????????
I don't want to advertise Makemkv but if the progam supports your disc you can rip to folder using the 2nd icon from the left in the top bar. Imgburn can make an ISO from it.

You need to slow down and explain what you want to do. Don't switch into panic mode. You are completely confusing things.
I followed the info in that link to flash the firmware but noticed that other section today w/the CMD commands.
I didn't do that after flashing my 2 new drives and was thinking I 'missed' a step and that's why the MKV issue popped up.
I'm using AnyDVDHD and ripping it w/the protection on since it's on the list of ones not able to rip yet.
Apologies for any confusion - just trying to ensure I didn't miss a step.
I didn't need MKV installed on my PC before so I was wondering why I needed it now and if it was due to me missing a step.

You have only friendly drives. So no Makemkv needed.

If Makemkv ist installed however AnyDVD will use it. That won't help if a disc is not supported by AnyDVD.

Discs might be supported by Makemkv before they are suported by AnyDVD. If - then rip to folder In Makemkv.

If you want to wait until discs are supported in AnyDVD, make a protected ISO and wait if the key is available. Load protected ISO with VCD and AnyDVD will process it.

You seem to have only minimal knowledge how and why what has to be done. Please follow recommendations.

You have only friendly drives. So no Makemkv needed.

If Makemkv ist installed however AnyDVD will use it. That won't help if a disc is not supported by AnyDVD.

Discs might be supported by Makemkv before they are suported by AnyDVD. If - then rip to folder In Makemkv.

If you want to wait until discs are supported in AnyDVD, make a protected ISO and wait if the key is available. Load protected ISO with VCD and AnyDVD will process it.

You seem to have only minimal knowledge how and why what has to be done. Please follow recommendations.
oK. I'm back. And I'm guessing I did something wrong. I've tried 2 BD (non-4K discs) and I get that MKV error using one of the drives I flashed. The discs work in the other drive I flashed. So frustrating!

oK. I'm back. And I'm guessing I did something wrong. I've tried 2 BD (non-4K discs) and I get that MKV error using one of the drives I flashed. The discs work in the other drive I flashed. So frustrating!
Please post an AnyDVD log file from one drive you get the error.

I don't get it. It finally ripped the 4K BD. But now it won't rip a BD.
I tried running the AnyDVD Scanner.exe but it says "Unable to Connect to RedFox Forum"

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.6.4.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 22714624 sectors (44364 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: NO_TIME_TO_DIE
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 75
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
Incompatible LibreDrive! Please uninstall or update MakeMKV!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Anydvd is telling you what the problem is. You have an old MakeMKV version installed. Update it

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I tried running the AnyDVD Scanner.exe but it says "Unable to Connect to RedFox Forum"
Take a look at your firewall first. Connecting AnyDVD database must be enabeled.
Even if you can not rip to HDD, you can create a logfile. Right click on the fox icon and then select "create logfile"
For 4K disc you will have to download the scanner tool from SamuriHL and post it here:
Look for the instruction on page 1!

Ok. Prior to getting your responses (thank you!) - I went and uninstalled MKV thinking that was the culprit. Then I flashed the drive again (after re-d/l MKV and installing) - then I rebooted my PC and it's now working.
Up until recently I never needed MKV installed to rip UHD or BD's.
Is that something recent so that I have to keep it installed and with an updated key (or buy it)?

Ok. Prior to getting your responses (thank you!) - I went and uninstalled MKV thinking that was the culprit. Then I flashed the drive again (after re-d/l MKV and installing) - then I rebooted my PC and it's now working.
Up until recently I never needed MKV installed to rip UHD or BD's.
Is that something recent so that I have to keep it installed and with an updated key (or buy it)?
You don't need it but if you have it installed it needs to be the most recent version and you have to update it if you get the message in the AnyDVD status.

You don't need it but if you have it installed it needs to be the most recent version and you have to update it if you get the message in the AnyDVD status.
So now I can uninstall it and Any DVD will work fine for UHD and BDs? I'll give it a try for a BD in a few minutes

MakeMKV is needed for bus encription. It is free during trial. You only have to get the actual version and a vaild license key.
Look what @coopervid wrote in #352

MakeMKV is needed for bus encription.

No it isn't. AnyDVD can handle bus encryption by itself. However if MakeMKV is used, anydvd uses its bus decryption capabilities to prevent a corrupted rip. Because MakeMKV bus decrypt + Anydvd "decrypting" the already decrypted bus means it's essentially re-encrypting the bus signal, causing a corrupt rip.

The correct answer is: AnyDVD handles BusEncryption on itself for BD and UHD if a friendly drive is installed and Makemkv is NOT installed.

If Makemkv is installed AnyDVD calls Makemkv for BD und UHD discs to disable BusEncryption. This then works for LG friendly, official and Pioneer drives.

The drawback: The newest version of Makemkv has to be installed. Doesn't matter if you want to copy a BD or UHD. If Makemkv is installed it needs to be the newest version. No matter what kind of drive you have.

The correct answer is: AnyDVD handles BusEncryption on itself for BD and UHD if a friendly drive is installed and Makemkv is NOT installed.

If Makemkv is installed AnyDVD calls Makemkv for BD und UHD discs to disable BusEncryption. This then works for LG friendly, official and Pioneer drives.

The drawback: The newest version of Makemkv has to be installed. Doesn't matter if you want to copy a BD or UHD. If Makemkv is installed it needs to be the newest version. No matter what kind of drive you have.
So I never uninstalled MakeMKV when I updated both my drives to your suggested FW. So no that I've updated, again, the one that had the issue and then I removed MKV - I'll see what happens the next time I get a UHD. For now - all of my 3 drives are ripping BD's with no issues and my 2 new ones are burning BD's without issues too.

Back