• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New licenses are bound to a single computer? And what if I buy a new computer?

jim2664258

So installing the RedFox version of AnyDVD, it appears licenses are now bound to a single computer? I get the reasons for that, I just want to confirm. If I have a desktop and a laptop, I have to buy 2 licenses to use the program on each? Elby does not do that with their software, and you guys didn't before either.

Also, if the licenses are bound to a single computer what do I do when I buy a new computer? Haven't seen this questions posted on the forums, or if so I have not seen them. Thanks.

Edit: I see a question about using on 2 computers and alternating in this forum. I think it makes sense to get an official statement from Redfox on this. If the answer is "it's no different than before" that will suffice.

The trial licenses are bound to the computer, purchased licenses are bound to the user as has always been the case even with SlySoft. So transferring a purchased RedFox license to a new computer will not be a problem.

The trial licenses are bound to the computer, purchased licenses are bound to the user as has always been the case even with SlySoft. So transferring a purchased RedFox license to a new computer will not be a problem.
Thank you for the clarification. Makes perfect sense.

I have two computers in my home that I use interchangeably, but not simultaneously for executing ANYDVD processes. Will I be able to install ANYDVDHD on both (but not use at the same time.) The previous post didn't completely answer this question for me, but at 75, my little grey cells aren't as sharp as they once were.

Short answer: yes. As long as they're not running simultaneously or you register the same serial on lots of PC's you're in no danger.

I hate to disagree but my new computer with it's brand new Redfox license just refused to start AnyDVDHD because I replaced my DVD drive with a BluRay drive. I do still have a trial license also running. Could it be because of the trial? How do I kill the trial? I would have thought that activating the full lifetime license would have replaced any trial license. Help would be appreciated.

If you're still on trial, just request a new trial license upon program start. I doubt a hard drive swap triggered it. Licensed versions are user bound, not hardware bound.

I hate to disagree but my new computer with it's brand new Redfox license just refused to start AnyDVDHD because I replaced my DVD drive with a BluRay drive. I do still have a trial license also running. Could it be because of the trial? How do I kill the trial? I would have thought that activating the full lifetime license would have replaced any trial license. Help would be appreciated.

I'd guess the trial might have somehow caused this... but the fix beats the hell out of me.
I'll add that the new license activated just fine on my 3 main PC's (all were on trials).
I suspect the staff will be very glad for this "heads up" on the issue.
What was the error message you got when it "refused" ?
-W

Just a box in the middle of the screen saying "The license does not match your hardware". Clicking OK got me another box saying "License Information This version is not licensed. Please install a valid license key." There are three small click boxes, Request trial, Order, and Exit. I clicked on Request Trial and got another box saying I still had a trial running. I am now questioning if I actually ran the license key on this new computer. I am going to root around and see what I can find. If I have indeed not run it, this will be quite embarrassing.....

Well, I ran the license key again and everyone is happy now. I now remember running it before. I guess when you run the license it takes a snapshot of the installed hardware. Soooo, if I change any hardware in the future I will have to remember to re-run the license key. Thanks everyone for taking the time to give this some thought.

Back