• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New Jackel Update Stops

rob_robinson3984

I am trying to update the program to the latest version, it will stop loading half way through, can't delete access denied. Running xp pro sp2. Had no problems with previous updates. I can still use the program as it rolls back changes to previous version. I get this message

C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\GameJackal.exe

An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file.
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Access is Denied.

Last edited:
I would uninstall, and then reinstall with security software disabled.
Also disable spybot teatimer.

I've had no issues on two different XP Pro service pack 2 based systems.

Ok r u telling me 2 completely uninstall the application? and if I do will I lose my current profiles?

Ok r u telling me 2 completely uninstall the application? and if I do will I lose my current profiles?

You should be able to tell the uninstall program to keep the profiles if you want. If you want to make sure, then I suggest waiting for Matthew to reply.

Thanks for the quick response. While reading through the forum for any dvd I may have stumbled on my answer. I think that in my wisdom the last time i used a program i checked to let it use the compatibilty mode. I am at work now but i will check that and even though i turned off the firewall and av see if it will fix the problem. Will repost with the results asap.

I am trying to update the program to the latest version, it will stop loading half way through, can't delete access denied. Running xp pro sp2. Had no problems with previous updates. I can still use the program as it rolls back changes to previous version. I get this message

C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\GameJackal.exe

An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file.
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Access is Denied.

Make sure you shutdown Game Jackal first. This issue is simply that Game Jackal is still running and therefore the installer is unable to update the "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\GameJackal.exe" file.

Back