New Jackel Update Stops

Discussion in 'GameJackal' started by rob_robinson3984, Sep 21, 2007.

1. rob_robinson3984

rob_robinson3984 New Member

I am trying to update the program to the latest version, it will stop loading half way through, can't delete access denied. Running xp pro sp2. Had no problems with previous updates. I can still use the program as it rolls back changes to previous version. I get this message

C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\GameJackal.exe

An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file.
    DeleteFile failed; code 5.
    Access is Denied.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

I would uninstall, and then reinstall with security software disabled.
    Also disable spybot teatimer.

I've had no issues on two different XP Pro service pack 2 based systems.

3. rob_robinson3984

Ok r u telling me 2 completely uninstall the application? and if I do will I lose my current profiles?

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

You should be able to tell the uninstall program to keep the profiles if you want. If you want to make sure, then I suggest waiting for Matthew to reply.

5. rob_robinson3984

Thanks for the quick response. While reading through the forum for any dvd I may have stumbled on my answer. I think that in my wisdom the last time i used a program i checked to let it use the compatibilty mode. I am at work now but i will check that and even though i turned off the firewall and av see if it will fix the problem. Will repost with the results asap.

6. matthew

matthew SlySoft Team Member

Make sure you shutdown Game Jackal first. This issue is simply that Game Jackal is still running and therefore the installer is unable to update the "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\GameJackal.exe" file.