• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

hadar

• Play 8K videos with up to 7680×4320 resolution.
  • View animated GIFs and HEIF (.HEIC) image files in the photo media library.
  • Enhance 4K video with TrueTheater enhancements*.
  • Includes support for the latest VR 360° video formats, including 3D Equi-angular Cubemap.
  • Adds support for Spatial Audio for 360° videos, and WebM video (VP9 video +Vorbis audio) file playback.
  • Select video quality before pinning YouTube videos.
  • Import external subtitle files or utilize secondary subtitles on Ultra HD Blu-rays.
  • Enable auto changing UI wallpaper and other user experience improvements.

8K Video Playback Requirements:

OS
  • Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit with Fall Creators Update 2017 Oct. updates)
CPU
  • Intel 7th Generation Core i7 (Kaby Lake) with HD (UHD) Graphics 63
GPU
  • NVIDIA GTX 10 series; Intel 7th Generation Core i7 (Kaby Lake) with HD (UHD)Graphics 630.
  • 8K video output: GPU and 8K monitor with DisplayPort 1.4 or HDMI 2.1support.
Note: CyberLink PowerDVD supports 8K Ultra HD video (up to 7680 × 4320resolution, 30 FPS) in HEVC 8/10bits , VP9 8/10bits (depend on GPU ability).
Yeah, wallpaper changing automatically. That's the feature I was longing for!

Last edited:
No Dolby vision still, no reason to upgrade.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I agree, but, you know if they at least offered Dolby Vision there'd be a REASON to upgrade. There's literally nothing new in the last what, 3 or 4 versions since they added UHD support? What's the point then? LOL Not that WE use it anyway, but, I like having it on my HTPC just because. It's usefulness dwindles more and more each passing year.

No Dolby vision still, no reason to upgrade.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I got tired of paying the yearly upgrade long ago they don't add anything I need or want and they are not getting another penny from me this is become a yearly joke.:LOL:

Yea I've no intention of upgrading again. It used to be something I'd just automatically grab year to year just to have it but quite frankly there's zero reason at this point. Other players have surpassed what PowerDVD brings to the table. Dolby Vision is pure marketing but 8k nonsense? That's like non-existent marketing BS. If that's how desperate they are to differentiate their product then I'd say they're in trouble. LOL

I started watching for a leaked download on here within the last few weeks out of curiosity. This is the first year that I remember that I haven't seen one.

Yea I've no intention of upgrading again. It used to be something I'd just automatically grab year to year just to have it but quite frankly there's zero reason at this point. Other players have surpassed what PowerDVD brings to the table. Dolby Vision is pure marketing but 8k nonsense? That's like non-existent marketing BS. If that's how desperate they are to differentiate their product then I'd say they're in trouble. LOL
I agree with you, SamuriHL. If the items that you mentioned earlier were included in the newest version of PowerDVD, then I'd bite the bullet and purchase it. But it's getting to the point where I can get by without it, using either earlier versions of PowerDVD Ultra (10, 12-18), or MakeMKV, or JRiver.

Cyberlink, thanks but no thanks.

Yea, when your innovative feature list starts including wallpaper changes as an exciting feature your product has jumped the shark. How about I buy your "8k product" when the 8k standards are finished in 5 years and hold off buying your stupid product until then? Oh, right, I won't need it anyway. LOL

It may be too early for 8K broadcasts but the japanese indicated their aim was to broadcast the olympics in 8K and when I was in Bangkok I saw billboards advertising 8k tv sets so something must be afoot

That's all well and good, but, has nothing at all to do with PowerDVD. PowerDVD isn't going to play those broadcasts. You're talking about the ATSC 3.0 standard which is not even complete. And for 8k it will be "extended" meaning there's no REAL standard other than what MFG's agree on now. HEVC can handle 8k no problem which means I still have no need for PowerDVD to support it once content finally comes because all my equipment is already HEVC compliant. There's no 8k standard for UHD at the moment so claiming 8k support is completely irrelevant and premature. It'll be at LEAST 5 years before you see any kind of 8k standard for movie content. And I have my doubts that there'll be a disc based format for it when it does come. I suspect it'll be streaming only making PowerDVD even more irrelevant in that space.

Well I happen to agree with your perspective.not having your technical grasp of the situation my comment was provoked by my trying to figure out why PowerDVD was getting involved with 8K at this stage of proceedings.

It's a valid question because it makes ZERO sense. It's essentially a marketing move to show they've added something over last year's release but the reality is completely and totally meaningless. I see nothing in PDVD19 that makes it a compelling upgrade over any previous release. Save your money.

Like an idiot I took the bait and clicked upgrade when PDVD 17 came out for the 19.99 SPECIAL upgrade. As SOON as I ran it the first time it started bugging me to upgrade to PDVD18 for 39.99, LOL. Now every 3 months or so it stops playing blue-rays, probably because I don't let it connect for blue-ray info when I play a disk. Right now I am waiting for them to LET me use my legally purchased key because "the number of activations of this key has reached it's limit". WHAT a joke of a software company that makes you jump through all these hoops just to play a movie. I only need to reinstall it BECAUSE it quits working! I really wish everything "just works" like AnyDVD does, please RedFox create your own blue-ray player and I will be happy to pay for it.

Like an idiot I took the bait and clicked upgrade when PDVD 17 came out for the 19.99 SPECIAL upgrade. As SOON as I ran it the first time it started bugging me to upgrade to PDVD18 for 39.99, LOL. Now every 3 months or so it stops playing blue-rays, probably because I don't let it connect for blue-ray info when I play a disk. Right now I am waiting for them to LET me use my legally purchased key because "the number of activations of this key has reached it's limit". WHAT a joke of a software company that makes you jump through all these hoops just to play a movie. I only need to reinstall it BECAUSE it quits working! I really wish everything "just works" like AnyDVD does, please RedFox create your own blue-ray player and I will be happy to pay for it.
Install AnyDVD and you never, ever need to update PowerDVD again.

Not powerdvd itself no, bit there is some sort of component that requires a periodic update to be able to play new titles. I'll guessing it's their aacs key or something. Happens even WITH anydvd installed, and you're most likely to get prompted for our when testing a newer title. I think I had the most recent 'prompt' a few weeks ago

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I'll guessing it's their aacs key or something. Happens even WITH anydvd installed, and you're most likely to get prompted for our when testing a newer title. I think I had the most recent 'prompt' a few weeks ago
I get this prompt occasionally as well and I let the update get installed, but as far as I understand, using AnyDVD makes this unnecessary.

It doesn't, cause I have anydvd installed as well, and I use pdvd almost exclusively on decrypted content. Add I still get asked

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back