• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
I assume you do not have the hardware to try it out?
Nope, but I want to find out first before spending cash. On most high end stuff, you simply can't return it. NCIX.com will allow it, but then there is a 15% restocking charge.
I asked too, to find out for the sake of others as well, but maybe I'm a bit naïve to expect a useful answer. :rolleyes:
I'd say it is generic as @Adbear did try his Pascal graphics with no luck - I'm sure he would of had those latest drivers at the time of testing.
Adbear is lacking an UHD Drive with AACS 2.0 authentication, I went through the thread and checked, he's using the LG drive.
That may not be the problem, but most likely it as at this point.
There's some guys over at Blu-ray.com that will soon have the right drive in their hands, but I'll have to find out what sort of dedicated graphics they have.
Here's that thread:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=287599&page=4 (triffid and nilsman)
That's a nonsense answer.
You'll have to play ping-pong with support first.
The purpose of that first generic answer is to weed out the "FAQ"-type questions.
Stay on it and you'll probably get a more educated answer - and one that applies to your question.
On it ! (y)

Actually the problem I have at the moment is that my system doesn't support the Intel GPU, if it did I could then find out if the drive works as it does have clearly printed on it that it is a 'UHD Blu-ray/DVD writer' and it does read the discs, but until I can test it on a higher end system I can't verify if it works or not

Actually the problem I have at the moment is that my system doesn't support the Intel GPU, if it did I could then find out if the drive works as it does have clearly printed on it that it is a 'UHD Blu-ray/DVD writer' and it does read the discs, but until I can test it on a higher end system I can't verify if it works or not
That would be this drive ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/for...lgo_pvid=36d7f830-da78-4829-981c-473cc782ca13
When you run RedFox what version of AACS is it ?
Not questioning you, but just trying to get to the bottom of things.
What's your NVIDIA driver version ?

Yep that's the one. Like I said, I can't get past the GPU requirements so I don't know if it can physically decrypt or not

AnyDVD says version 1, but even James said in the past that there's a possibility that he's picking the wrong bit of information from the firmware.

I'm on Nvidia driver 378.72

Last edited:
When triffid and nilsman get their drives, I'll see if they will run a trial of RedFox to see what the AACS version is of that Pioneer drive.
James, does the trial give that info. ?

If you look at the pictures, the Ultra HD Blu-ray logo is not on the drive itself (the front and the sticker), it looks like a normal blu-ray reader/writer. That's another good sign for LG drives that read the discs
pd1.jpgpioneer6kuy6.jpg

Last edited:
When triffid and nilsman get their drives, I'll see if they will run a trial of RedFox to see what the AACS version is of that Pioneer drive.
James, does the trial give that info. ?

I have here the Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK and the Anydvd test say AACS v. 1 ...

I really wish for you it is.
But it's not confirmed yet.
Question is why LG prints UHD-Blu-ray/DVD Rewriter on the BU40N & 50N (manufact. May 2016), but not on the BH16NS55 (manufact. for example in October 2016).

btw. has anyone asked Cyberlink if there will also be support for AMD's memory encryption SME & SEV ?

Last edited:
Looks like you proved it doesn't.
Would you please attach an AnDVD log file ?

P.S.: i hope James also ordered a Pioneer from Amazon Japan

I really wish for you it is.
But it's not confirmed yet.
Question is why LG prints UHD-Blu-ray/DVD Rewriter on the BU40N & 50N (manufact. May 2016), but not on the BH16NS55 (manufact. for example in October 2016).

btw. has anyone asked Cyberlink if there will also be support for AMD's memory encryption SME & SEV ?

It's simple: BH16NS55 came out first in October 2015 months before UHD discs actually came out, they weren't going to re-print the stickers for that model. My model was manufact. Jan 2016

GREAT!!! My LG is good to go!

Wrong, that means nothing until someone can actually test it. You seem to be forgetting that @James only did a quick hack to show the AACS version. It can mean just the same that there's a flaw in the code somewhere and that UHD drive should show AACS version: 2, instead of 1.

Wrong, that means nothing until someone can actually test it. You seem to be forgetting that @James only did a quick hack to show the AACS version. It can mean just the same that there's a flaw in the code somewhere and that UHD drive should show AACS version: 2, instead of 1.

This again? You simply can't accept the fact that I might have been right from the beginning :LOL:

Nothing suggest that the Pioneer drive is any different from any other BD-ROM 4.0 Drive, except the bundled software (that is old anyway)

Back