• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
Nope, there's no access to it, why would they give access to it when you can't use it?

I went through three of the on-line manuals from ASRock for their Z270 boards and it clearly states that they are SGX capable. (bottom of page 58)
I also sent them a message asking them what version of HDMI is on the board and if it's HDCP 2.2 enabled.
Note that it does say that the HDMI on the board is 4K@60Hz. so it probably is HDMI 2.0, but I would still like to confirm it with ASRock.

Here's an example.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITXac/index.asp#Overview

With all this, with out any actual video cards being able to play UHD Blu-rays, I'm not interested at all really.
I was hoping that AMD's Smooth Motion could be implemented for some FI, but at this point that isn't happening, maybe in April or May... :rockingchair:

SGX.JPG

me neither lol, i'm not using a crappy CPU gpu over my 1080. Not even for standard DVD playback

If it's an option in the BIOS to enable then that means it actually has SGX as long as the CPU supports it which mine does as it's a 7700K, I just can't use PDVD to play back UHD as I only have the GTX 1060 available

Does this mean the current BD readers (those that could see the content) have the ability to playback UHD in PDVD? (if the Intel GPU was available)
I was under the impression they couldn't.

well adbear has no way of confirming that to be the case, since PDVD won't even try to start playback unless it detects a compatible gpu

well adbear has no way of confirming that to be the case, since PDVD won't even try to start playback unless it detects a compatible gpu

I would assume PDVD would have to detect the source as UHD BD to give the GPU error, so it must be at least reading from it.
You're right though, we won't tell for sure until someone with fully compliant hardware tries it out (like 1% of PC users :LOL:)

Adbear has the hardware: he just has to enable iGPU on BIOS, I did it last year it's easy. You can output from both GPUs at the same time.Then run an HDMI cable from the Intel GPU to a screen and he's ready to go

Last edited:
I went through three of the on-line manuals from ASRock for their Z270 boards and it clearly states that they are SGX capable. (bottom of page 58)
I also sent them a message asking them what version of HDMI is on the board and if it's HDCP 2.2 enabled.
Note that it does say that the HDMI on the board is 4K@60Hz. so it probably is HDMI 2.0, but I would still like to confirm it with ASRock.

Here's an example.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITXac/index.asp#Overview

With all this, with out any actual video cards being able to play UHD Blu-rays, I'm not interested at all really.
I was hoping that AMD's Smooth Motion could be implemented for some FI, but at this point that isn't happening, maybe in April or May... :rockingchair:

View attachment 32668
Hi, forum ASRock confirmation mainboard Fatal1ty Z270 support HDCP 2.2 via MegaChips MCDP2800BC:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts...dmi20a-with-hdr-on-fatal1ty-z270-gamingitx-ac

Adbear has the hardware: he just has to enable iGPU on BIOS, I did it last year it's easy. You can output from both GPUs at the same time.Then run an HDMI cable from the Intel GPU to a screen and he's ready to go
No I can't. My laptop has no way to enable the iGPU nor does it have anything attached to the iGPU to give output. My laptop uses a GTX 1060 and only has access to that.

What I find disconcerting is that a lot of the new Z270 chipset boards only have HDMI 1.4 on them so even if you have a new CPU and motherboard, chances are you still can't use PDVD 17 to get an output unless you pay for a higher end board
Hi, forum ASRock confirmation mainboard Fatal1ty Z270 support HDCP 2.2 via MegaChips MCDP2800BC:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts...dmi20a-with-hdr-on-fatal1ty-z270-gamingitx-ac
From what I can see that's the only Z270 board that Asrock make that has HDMI 2.0 or above. All the others appear to have 1.4 as they only do UHD up to 30fps

Last edited:
What I find disconcerting is that a lot of the new Z270 chipset boards only have HDMI 1.4 on them so even if you have a new CPU and motherboard, chances are you still can't use PDVD 17 to get an output unless you pay for a higher end board

From what I've read elsewhere it seems that HDMI 2.0 is tied into the Thunderbolt 3 chip, so only boards with Thunderbolt 3 will have the intergrated HDMI 2.0 port, hence why only higher end boards have it, since Thunderbolt 3 is a currently a "luxury" feature.
I don't know how true that is, does anyone have HDMI 2.0 Z270 boards without Thunderbolt 3?

Last edited:
Regarding the GPUs it seems to be the same farce as with Netflix 4k as both Pascal and Polaris support PlayReady 3.0 :confused:

Regarding the GPUs it seems to be the same farce as with Netflix 4k as both Pascal and Polaris support PlayReady 3.0 :confused:
Where did you get the information that Polaris supports PlayReady 3.0 ?

I have bought the Asrock fatal1ty Z270 board and a i5 7500T CPU last week.
Still was not able to test UHD/4K playback that much because I am fighting
Blu-ray 3D playback and HD audio issues.

Last edited:

The problem is that PlayReady 3.0 on the GPU is not enough: the pipeline begins at CPU/Mainboard level with the Intel SGX requirement. Without that you can't play copy-protected UHD content on PC.

CPU (SGX)->Motherboard (SGX)->iGPU (HDCP 2.2)->Display

If the chain is broken at any point before display output, no playback for Netflix 4K and UHD BD...

Last edited:
Also PlayReady 3.0, is never actually mentioned as a requirement either for Netflix 4K and/or UHD-BD...

The main requirement is Intel SGX that relies on a direct connection: CPU+MoBo+iGPU

Back